Experience/Opinion About Shopping for Flowers Online

woahitsreeo

CAGiversary!
So for the first time in 4 years/ever I'm not going to be near enough to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday with her :cry: so I want to do the cliche thing, all though a little over the top, and send her a large amount of flowers (a lot of little bouquets or one massive one) and a large amount of balloons (22 for her years of life or some other large number that is meaningful to her or us) :bouncy: . I don't want to be cheap about it, but don't want to be robbed at the same time so I would like to know the experiences that you CAGs have had and your opinions about it all. What is, in your opinion, the best place to order flowers and balloons? And what is considered being cheap, getting robbed, and going stupid lunatic crazy in purchasing something like this? Thanks in advance :) !

So after a little look at some of the places I found I have come to the conclusion that ordering flowers, but more so balloons is robbery holy cow! $3 for one freakin latex balloon that you can buy for $0.10 and in most cases less by yourself :hot: :cold: :bomb:. Let alone the fact that a lot of the balloon arrangements I've seen so far are really ugly. The search continues and suggestions/opinions/experiences with online flower and balloon shopping is still welcome.

Ordering Flowers online is usually priced really high,but at the same time you get delivery to there front door and you get top end flowers that will stay alive for a while,so just find something you like and order a nice floral arrangement from an online store,she will love it!

I think I'm going to have to ditch the balloons and go all out with a flower arrangement alone... looking at balloon bouquets and arrangement prices are just getting me upset. BTW thanks frombrknwings :applause: :D !

[quote name='tsmvengy']Yeah the balloons and stuff are overpriced. Flowers are expensive because of delivery costs mostly.

When I was an assistant I used www.ftd.com mostly.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of going with that store. Thanks tsmvengy!

Just realized that this may not have been the right place to post this in the forum, so if a mod could move it to the right place if it isn't please do so.

[quote name='woahitsreeo']I'm thinking of going with that store. Thanks tsmvengy!

Just realized that this may not have been the right place to post this in the forum, so if a mod could move it to the right place if it isn't please do so.[/quote]If you order from FTD.com, the Entertainment Book offers a $15 discount on orders from them. If you go to www.ftd.com/ent2009 , you'll get that discount applied automatically when you order. I have seen that they appear to have less selections when you go through that link, though I'm not 100% sure of that. That discount normally takes care of the delivery charges and some off of the arrangement itself, as it's normally $10-15 for the delivery charges.

FTD.com sends the order for the flowers to a local florist, who handles the creation of the arrangement and delivery, when it's an item they have handled through a local florist. Some items are shipment only, and they're handled directly through FTD.com. You'd see items marked "available for local delivery" as items that they have handled through local florists.

Ive sent flowers once in my life, and it was from FTD.com for a girls bday(she lived an hour away from me and we were both busy with work and such).

Worked perfectly and she was very very surprised/happy. Good luck bud!

[quote name='shrike4242']If you order from FTD.com, the Entertainment Book offers a $15 discount on orders from them. If you go to www.ftd.com/ent2009 , you'll get that discount applied automatically when you order. I have seen that they appear to have less selections when you go through that link, though I'm not 100% sure of that. That discount normally takes care of the delivery charges and some off of the arrangement itself, as it's normally $10-15 for the delivery charges.

FTD.com sends the order for the flowers to a local florist, who handles the creation of the arrangement and delivery, when it's an item they have handled through a local florist. Some items are shipment only, and they're handled directly through FTD.com. You'd see items marked "available for local delivery" as items that they have handled through local florists.[/quote]

WOW thanks for the info! I just used that site to order a 30 dollar follower for my woman.
P394_a.jpg

[quote name='shrike4242']If you order from FTD.com, the Entertainment Book offers a $15 discount on orders from them. If you go to www.ftd.com/ent2009 , you'll get that discount applied automatically when you order. I have seen that they appear to have less selections when you go through that link, though I'm not 100% sure of that. That discount normally takes care of the delivery charges and some off of the arrangement itself, as it's normally $10-15 for the delivery charges.

FTD.com sends the order for the flowers to a local florist, who handles the creation of the arrangement and delivery, when it's an item they have handled through a local florist. Some items are shipment only, and they're handled directly through FTD.com. You'd see items marked "available for local delivery" as items that they have handled through local florists.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! And thank you to everybody else as well who helped in giving suggestions. I'm going with FTD.com for sure and that $15 discount makes all the difference in the arrangement I'm getting. :bouncy: :applause:

BTW here is the arrangement I'm getting her:

C21-3434_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='woahitsreeo']Thanks for the tip! And thank you to everybody else as well who helped in giving suggestions. I'm going with FTD.com for sure and that $15 discount makes all the difference in the arrangement I'm getting. :bouncy: :applause:

BTW here is the arrangement I'm getting her:

C21-3434_c.jpg
[/quote]
Glad to help.

I flip-flop between the Entertainment book discount and the AAA discount, which gives you 20% off your order, though unless you're ordering $75 or more, the Entertainment discount works out as a better option.

For the most part, I've had little issue with FTD.com, though any issues I've had have been dealt with via the local florist who does the order.

Nice arrangement. I'm sure your GF will like it.

Gotta thank you once again shrike4242. My girlfriend received her flowers and loved them. Apparently the arrangement I got her grows bigger over the span of its lifetime which is about 2 1/2 weeks as the various flowers begin to bloom. It would have only been better if they lasted forever.

I whole heartedly agree with everyone who said it's expensive but worth it. The floral professionals really do offer top notch service and product if you can afford it. On an somewhat unrelated note, I remember when I worked at a drug store, our floral vendor that brought in fresh bouquets weekly was getting them from Ecuador. I don't really understand the logistics of it, but I guess you need to get them from somewhere.

I **HIGHLY** recommend sending an edible bouquet if you have the means/opportunity to. It's been around for a little bit now but if you are new to it, they cut up fruit and arrange it to look like a floral bouquet. I got one for my mom for Mother's day about 6 years ago and she still raves about it.

You'd be amazed how females will melt for the cheesy stuff.

bread's done
Back