Experiences with Walmsrt.com?

mobster011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I wanted to preorder Gears of War 3 on Walmart.com because they are offering a $20 e-gift card. But before I did, I had. Few questions.

1. Can I choose to have to pick this up in store or does it need to be shipped to take advantage of the offer?
2. If I MUST have it shipped, is standard shipping always $1.97 on one game? I just did a test checkout and it came up as $1.97.
3. If I MUST have it shipped, for a preordered new release, will I will receive it the day it releases or will it take a few days?

I appreciate any help with these questions and open to any additional feedback on Walmart.com.

Thanks!

[quote name='mobster011']I wanted to preorder Gears of War 3 on Walmart.com because they are offering a $20 e-gift card. But before I did, I had. Few questions.

1. Can I choose to have to pick this up in store or does it need to be shipped to take advantage of the offer?
2. If I MUST have it shipped, is standard shipping always $1.97 on one game? I just did a test checkout and it came up as $1.97.
3. If I MUST have it shipped, for a preordered new release, will I will receive it the day it releases or will it take a few days?

I appreciate any help with these questions and open to any additional feedback on Walmart.com.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
1. ship only. no pickup.
2. i think its $2 right now. not sure if that will last.
3. YMMV. It may come on release day OR come a few days late.

Why are u ordering from Walmart? Bad service. E-gift card can only be used online and not in store.
Amazon also has the $20 promo and probably come on release day. Amazon has better service vs walmart.

Well Amazon is charging $4.98 for shipping. Their $20 promo is also online only so no advantage there. I'm ok with not receiving on release day, I was just asking out of curiosity.

I intend on using the $20 promo to get Battlefield 3. If amazon was offering a sweet preorder bonus I would buy there, but they aren't. So saving a couple bucks on shipping Gears and Battlefield seems like my best bet right now.

Anyone else getting both Gears and Battlefield and taking a different approach to get a better deal?

Looks like it's super saver shipping that's free for 5-8 days. I don't mind waiting so I guess I'll go with that and buy Gears from Amazon.

I'll then use the $20 to apply towards Battlefield

Thanks for your help!

I recently Preordered Gears 3 from Walmart. I was one of the people dumb enough to bite trying to get the Gears 3 headset for $17. The headset was canceled the next day.

I've been trying to cancel my order since. I've sent two Emails and made two calls to customer service. I have yet to receive a response from them or be refunded the money for the headset.

Any advice on dealing with walmart.com customer service? I'm thinking of filing a dispute with paypal.

[quote name='Lord Mandrake']I recently Preordered Gears 3 from Walmart. I was one of the people dumb enough to bite trying to get the Gears 3 headset for $17. The headset was canceled the next day.

I've been trying to cancel my order since. I've sent two Emails and made two calls to customer service. I have yet to receive a response from them or be refunded the money for the headset.

Any advice on dealing with walmart.com customer service? I'm thinking of filing a dispute with paypal.[/QUOTE]

Not much. Walmart dick me when I order GoW3 with headset. They cancel the headset, but still kept my order. I had to do alot of running to get them to cancel the game. The sad part, I transfer the $20 e-gift to a real gift card before they cancel the headset. They claim they cant cancel the real gift card, so Im force to keep the $20 gift card :cry: (They charge me $20 for the e-gift card)

[quote name='Lord Mandrake']I recently Preordered Gears 3 from Walmart. I was one of the people dumb enough to bite trying to get the Gears 3 headset for $17. The headset was canceled the next day.

Any advice on dealing with walmart.com customer service? I'm thinking of filing a dispute with paypal.[/QUOTE]
First try emailing [email protected] if you havent. Explain to them and let them know you need the refund. I finally got mine.

I opened a paypal dispute on them which is ok but instead of that pushing them to refund you, it only drags it out. They wont refund you while the dispute is open. You have to either wait and win the dispute, or close the case before they can give the refund because paypal will hold/deny the refund even if Walmart tries to issue one when a dispute is open. Or so I was told by Walmart (which could obviously be a lie but I dont honestly know).

As for ordering with them, I ordered (a different order) for Gears 3 + the egift card. Egift cards can only be used online. However, you can use them online to buy a tax free/free ship physical gift card. I've done this a few times now.

As for the delivery date of a preorder, I'm about to find out with Gears 3 but it doesnt look good. When I placed the order it said "Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 09/20/11". So today I get the shipping notice (shipped Fedex) which is cool, except that it shows the delivery estimate as 9/27 - 9/29. That is not on or around 9/20 in game release date terms to me. That's entirely too slow. So yeah wont be ordering from them online again with their lousy CS and slow delivery if that is in fact the correct delivery estimate.

What I will do assuming they have the same copy with the Elite Grenadier is buy a copy at a Walmart store on release day, then return the online ordered copy when it finally arrives using the in store copies receipt.

Sorry for double posting but I went back to check on their shipping costs and such. Basically it depends on the game. For example Rage is 1.97 standard shipping, but Skyrim is free. All preorders I checked were available for site to store free shipping. Again though the estimated delivery varies. For Skyrim the estimate was release date. For Rage the estimate was 10/14 - 10/19.

So basically shipping time/costs varies and it'd be dumb to preorder Rage at Walmart.com, but is an ok deal if you want to order Skyrim and get it day one.

The only good news is that if you dont care about delivery time, they all seem to have free site to store shipping now.

bread's done
Back