(EXPIRED) 7-11 clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

htown01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Thanks and credit goes to Abforde over at Slickdeals for posting his find.

HUGE YMMV

"Went to 7-11 and found Black Ops and Halo Reach for the Xbox 360 for $9.99 each.

There was a "Clearance $9.99" sign above all of the Xbox 360 games:
They also had Halo ODST, Beatles Rockband(game only), and some others.
I know this is probably extremely YMMV as I remember 7-11 clearanced the games out some time ago, but the clerk said they have had them in store for awhile and just recently reduced them from $59.99 to $9.99 to get rid of them.

Receipt attached and I hope at least a few people can get the same deal...............even if it is for some older games.
7 Eleven has :360: games on clearance, so far it is only known that :360:CoD:Black Ops and :360:Halo Reach are $9.99."

7 Eleven store locator

Anybody in Austin (Will) willing to pick me up a copy of Blops? Please PM me :D

Those of y'all that would like to post locations already visited do so here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.. there's 1 711 in my area that I know for a fact sells games but every time I've been there in the past it was old games like PS2 games or something.. I'll go check anyway sometime but I doubt I'll find anything on this deal. If anything I'll get a nice slurpee out of it.

Has anyone besides the OP found the same deal? I'm thinking it was just one store that did this and we are hitting up 7-11's across the nation to confirm it is nowhere else to be found....

This is very YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY. Very few 7-Elevens sell used games, even fewer of them sell new games. The few that sell used games usually only carry overpriced crap games. Rock Revolution for $20... no thanks!

The store near my work had World of Warcraft Cataclysm on sale a few months back, but the entire two years that I've been going to that place I've never seen them sell any other games. The only reason I even knew they had Cataclysm on sale was because they were clearanced out for $10. This is the only time I've actually been in a 7-Eleven that has carried newly released titles although I have heard that some of them have held midnight release sales for big titles. I never posted the clearance deal because I suspected it was too YMMV to be worth mentioning.

Went to two 7-11s here in the West End (Richmond, VA).

First didn't sell games, second didn't have anything under $20.

As I was leaving the second, I realized "Aren't all 7-11's franchised? So wouldn't that mean that the stores can determine prices on something like a video game if they so choose? Or at least when something goes on "clearance"?

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I was hoping someone would verify this before I drove to five different stores in C-bus, but looks like I will have something to do tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Any finds? I'm in Columbus thru tomorrow around noon, so I'm looking for local deals. :D

I'll have to check the one by my work on Monday. Scored a Batman: AA and NHL 10 for $20 each just after they launched. Good stuff.

I checked out two 7-11s while I was out running errands today. No luck. Bummer too, I was crossing my fingers I could find a copy of Reach so me and my girlfriend could play together.

If anyone finds one and is willing to ship to San Antonio PM me, ill definately consider offers! I'm mainly looking for Reach.

checked the 2 stores closest to me - the majority of the games they had were pre-owned. and no luck on blops or reach. ah well.

[quote name='dabamus']Any finds? I'm in Columbus thru tomorrow around noon, so I'm looking for local deals. :D[/QUOTE]
I hit up a few stores around the campus area but I didn't find any games

Seriously, no one except the OP has found or verified any location. This is definitely not worth nothing. delete this fail thread.

[quote name='akuma77']Seriously, no one except the OP has found or verified any location. This is definitely not worth nothing. delete this fail thread.[/QUOTE]

I'm telling you, greatest marketing ploy of all time. At the very least each one of us will buy at least 1 slurpee when we walk into the store looking for something that doesn't exist :applause: lol

I went to like five 7 Elevens in So Cal (a couple in brea/yorba linda and one in norco/eastvale). One actually had games, but they were over priced and not Halo Reach or Black Ops and they were older games.

How many copies will GameStop take for trade in?

Checked 2 7-Eleven's and I wasn't able to find either. The first one had Mirror's Edge for $9.99 and some other titles. Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IronZombie']I'm telling you, greatest marketing ploy of all time. At the very least each one of us will buy at least 1 slurpee when we walk into the store looking for something that doesn't exist :applause: lol[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy a slurpee. :razz:

I did however buy a bottle of Sun Drop since there was a 50 cent coupon on the shelf. :cool:

Did anyone else if any? I went to 3 stores. 1 store sold games, but not COD and Halo. They had old titles like Resident Evil, Batman, etc., but at $59.99.

FYI- I learned that not all 7-11 is corp. so prices depends on the owner/manager.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']
As I was leaving the second, I realized "Aren't all 7-11's franchised? So wouldn't that mean that the stores can determine prices on something like a video game if they so choose? Or at least when something goes on "clearance"?[/QUOTE]

Yes, almost all stores are franchised, and the franchisee has full right to price as they want. A few stores are corporate owned, and that's usually only in-between being franchised to someone else.

This is far beyond YMMV, because it was probably that Franchisee just trying to get rid of them, but you'd have to get someone who wasn't very smart to mark them down far below a value they could get selling them on the open market.

The only thing you are sure to find at 7-11 are Big Gulps, Slurpee's, Taquitos and hot dogs.

Good luck.. but unless you wanted one of those 4 things, I wouldn't waste my time.

[quote name='The Punisher']FYI- I learned that not all 7-11 is corp. so prices depends on the owner/manager.[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, hit the Valparaiso, IN 7-11 store. They had used games and a few new ones behind the register. However, to call them "recent releases" is quite the stretch. In fact, the newest title there was Madden 10.

Sounds like one dude just was at the right place at the right time.

Checked two here in Orlando, FL with nothing but Naked Brothers Band on Wii and the like.

I did rent Dirt 3 from RedBox for $2. They are stepping up with their games, I was tempted to rent Brink as well. I'll check back to see if they get MK back in stock...

Better threads than this get moved quick. Will this turn into 10 pages of 'No go at this store, no go at that store' before it's moved?

[quote name='nervousxtian']

This is far beyond YMMV...I wouldn't waste my time.[/QUOTE]

this.

as in extreme YMMV, and total waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back