EXPIRED - Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB $54.99

I just upgraded my cartwheel/registry edition PS4 using the 2tb version of this external. Easy switch and you get a case for the old PS4 drive. Just some tips I found along the way: use a guitar pick to get the case off. The pick helps not to bend/damage the metal case. Also when you put the PS4 drive in the case, it won't work right off the bat. You can easily Google the steps to format your new external. Happy gaming friends :)

I just upgraded my cartwheel/registry edition PS4 using the 2tb version of this external. Easy switch and you get a case for the old PS4 drive. Just some tips I found along the way: use a guitar pick to get the case off. The pick helps not to bend/damage the metal case. Also when you put the PS4 drive in the case, it won't work right off the bat. You can easily Google the steps to format your new external. Happy gaming friends :)
Guitar pick, interesting. Good tip.
I was going to use one of those cell phone case plastic thingies

Thanks for posting! I've had the 2TB version on my wish list forever, but I'll take 1TB at that price. 

I'm planning to take this drive out and put it in my PS4, and then put the existing PS4 drive into the casing and use it with my XB1 or Wii U (haven't decided) for additional storage since it supports external drives and PS4 doesn't. Anyone done this? How tricky is it, if at all?

The 2 TB drive is also on sale here and best buy for $109. Not sure the $/gb ratio deal wise to see which is better, but it is an option.

I'm planning to take this drive out and put it in my PS4, and then put the existing PS4 drive into the casing and use it with my XB1 or Wii U (haven't decided) for additional storage since it supports external drives and PS4 doesn't. Anyone done this? How tricky is it, if at all?
From the reviews, it seems easy. Probably a lot of YouTube tutorials as well.

bread's done
Back