[Expired] Split/Second is $40 at Best Buy (5/30 - 6/5)

Hm...I have 15.00 to BB, might use it and bring it down to 25.00. I'll have to think about it, because this game might be around that price sooner rather than later.

[quote name='seanr1221']Hm...I have 15.00 to BB, might use it and bring it down to 25.00. I'll have to think about it, because this game might be around that price sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

I forget their deal...
Will they match their own price within a certain window
or will I need to do the 'ole buy second copy from them
and return with original receipt from first copy from them?
My local BB is pretty cool, but in the event that cool is
off-duty that day.

Man I am so glad I waited. This game is dropping fast

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I have credit at Amazon. I hope they price match it as that was the price point I was looking for. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have a better idea how Blur is received too.

[quote name='seanr1221']They'll match their own price within 30 days. Go out and buy it now, bring your receipt in next week :)[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU for the info.
Grabbed it last week and can't get enough.
Wish they didn't make it so easy for everyone
to download all the cars already.
I am constantly getting hammered online as I upgrade via
only episode progression.

Guys, really..this game is PHENOMENAL. The whole game is so much better than the demo. WELL worth $60..not to mention $40!

[quote name='goodnews13']Guys, really..this game is PHENOMENAL. The whole game is so much better than the demo. WELL worth $60..not to mention $40![/QUOTE]

Really? I played the demo about 6 times in a row and loved it every time

Thanks for the post! I had $40 in BB GC's that I used to buy it at full price, so I already purchased it there...now I can go and get the cash back. Looks like I'll use the extra $20 on RDR.

I'm having alot of fun with this game - both single and multi player. Highly recommended if you like arcade racers

[quote name='vikingvessel']THANK YOU for the info.
Grabbed it last week and can't get enough.
Wish they didn't make it so easy for everyone
to download all the cars already.
I am constantly getting hammered online as I upgrade via
only episode progression.[/QUOTE]Finish the season out and then go online. It really doesn't take long at all. I did it in a couple nights and it makes the online competitions that much more fun. This game is a blast.

Been playing all week and give it a thumbs up at 40$.

-----> Don't drink and drive cause you will spend most of your time crashed.

Demo really reminds me of the silly/fun/forgotten arcade racers of the Dreamcast era, like Speed Devils. I really enjoy the demo but the fact the game is dropping so fast seems a bit concerning in terms of if it'll drop to $20 in the next month or so.

That said, I enjoyed the demo and I'm really tempted to pick it up at $40...

i wonder how much impact this will have on future new IP games. if this game sells significantly more at bb that might make publishers to rethink about $60 pricetag.

[quote name='seanr1221']They'll match their own price within 30 days. Go out and buy it now, bring your receipt in next week :)[/QUOTE]
45 days if you are Premier Silver ;)

Definitely worth $40. Also Blur got a 7.0 on IGN. Ive been playing this a lot. Only played a few online games but Im on the final episode in single player and got 1st place in 41/72 levels.

Excellent game but man are the time trials unforgiving to get 1st place in. Those and the helicopter revenge levels are going to be a grind to get 1st in everything.

sweet! missed out on the amazon preorder. rented day one and been playing since. definitely will buy, this game is a blast. glad I didn't get Blur, already read some not so great reviews.

[quote name='mikeja72']Definitely worth $40. Also Blur got a 7.0 on IGN. Ive been playing this a lot. Only played a few online games but Im on the final episode in single player and got 1st place in 41/72 levels.

Excellent game but man are the time trials unforgiving to get 1st place in. Those and the helicopter revenge levels are going to be a grind to get 1st in everything.[/QUOTE]

I was having trouble with the helicopter levels too. found a trick - get a car with good speed and acceleration, but still ok strength. try to race the entire level as fast as you can. If you are going fast enough you can drive right over where the missiles land and they can't blow up in time to wreck you. I've gotten first in almost all of them. (it works for the air revenge levels too)

[quote name='Spyder187']Blur is still a much better game. 20 player online vs 8 player. hmmmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

To each his own. Blur played like Mario Kart meets Project Gotham to me -- pretty bland stuff IMO.

if i picked it up friday with a fry's price match for $45 and spent $15 in bb certificates, will they still honor this sale and credit me $5?

Best Buy did the same thing with NFS Shift last year, I had Sears price match + 5% off so got it for $38. Now if GS price matches it online I can use the $10 off coupon and get it for $30. Which version of Split Second is superior? My 360 RROD but I can still get it on PS3, I'll try the demo on PC and see how it handles.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm going to say no. When you use RZ certs, and do a return, it takes 45 days to get them back.

Worth asking though.[/QUOTE]

thx, seanr, but i'm hoping i don't have to do a return. i'm hoping they can just credit my acct. for the difference in sale price. or for price correction do you have to do a return?

[quote name='valiki']Is this region specific or nationwide? On their website it only lists the PC version as $39.99[/QUOTE]

The deal is not running yet, it starts in May 30 and ends in June 5.

[quote name='klew']thx, seanr, but i'm hoping i don't have to do a return. i'm hoping they can just credit my acct. for the difference in sale price. or for price correction do you have to do a return?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how their computers work, so I'm not sure if it treats it like a return. Like I said, definitely worth trying. I'm interested myself, so let me know what happens.

Thanks I'll give that a shot. However the real killer is the time trials to me. The rest I think are easier to wrap up and get 1st in but the time trial devastator modes have to be done almost perfectly.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']The deal is not running yet, it starts in May 30 and ends in June 5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that just now as I wanted to see if anyone responded...you think by now I would know to read the TITLE and shut my mouth :whistle2:# before asking a simple question

Thank you though appreciate it :lol:

[quote name='valiki']Yeah I saw that just now as I wanted to see if anyone responded...you think by now I would know to read the TITLE and shut my mouth :whistle2:# before asking a simple question

Thank you though appreciate it :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nah, don't worry, it happens to all of us from time to time. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back