*EXPIRED* TRU $5 off $25 coupon 8/19-8/25 and 15% off any item 8/26-9/1

Ugamer_X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
The coupons should be widely available at your local Toys R Us if you don't wan't to bother using printed copies. They come in a foldable coupon pamphlet entitled "passport to savings." The coupons themselves measure at 3.5" x 4".

If anyone wants to make a multi-coupon page for these I'll glady put it in the OP. I'm just too lazy to do it myself.

Picked up with 2 coupons:

Capcom Classics Collection "Reloaded" (PSP) - 6.78 (9.98 tag)
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA) - 6.73 (9.90 tag)

I don't know why, but every TRU I've been to has some major problems with temperature and humidity. It's so stifling hot in those stores.

My TRU over here didn't accept it either. They even posted a notice underneath the price screen that they do not accept internet/copied coupons. My advice is to not mention it being an internet coupon.

[quote name='parKer']It should stack. The recently expired $5-off-$25 stacked with the 20%-off clearance items. And, the older 20%-off coupon also stacked with weekly sale and 20%-off clearance items.[/quote]

Stopped by the Monroeville PA store today. Looking for the Hori DS In-Ear headphones hoping for the 35% off stack. TRU doesn't sell them I suppose (Target does). I had printed two coupons and was ready to leave when I saw a younger mom picking up 2 BD&A DS starter packs (Mario case, headphones, trinkets). Each marked at $30 bones. She was able to use my coupon to get 35% off on one, kept the other coupon and was headed back tomorrow to buy her second pack (store manager said she could only stack on one item with the printed coupon). She'll save $20 some bucks. Not bad! And yes, I'm the videogame Mother Teresa.

Found Gunstar Heroes GBA for $3.90 for my troubles. Would love to find Kingdom Hearts. Are folks finding that on the shelf or in bins? The clearance at this store was neatly sorted and was mostly repeat copies of things like Texas Hold Em DS and that Kids Card GBA game I see only at TRU.

In the last two stores I've stopped in they both claimed they had no more coupon books available. The last store was kind enough to inform me that "the company went over the budget allotted for the coupons and we had to pull the remaining books and have them destroyed." Just FYI.

[quote name='velvet396']In the last two stores I've stopped in they both claimed they had no more coupon books available. The last store was kind enough to inform me that "the company went over the budget allotted for the coupons and we had to pull the remaining books and have them destroyed." Just FYI.[/quote]

lol...with all of the CAG's here plus all the other cheap ppl in other forums it only makes sense

[quote name='ajwho']Sounds like crap to me. Anyway, I used mine for Bioshock on Tuesday.[/quote]

She had no issues using what I provided, she was just offering up information on why there were no remaining coupon booklets. I asked for one, and she responded in a very kind & helpful manner - seriously, I doubt it's crap and I think 90% of retail employees could learn a lesson from her.

[quote name='velvet396']She had no issues using what I provided, she was just offering up information on why there were no remaining coupon booklets. I asked for one, and she responded in a very kind & helpful manner - seriously, I doubt it's crap and I think 90% of retail employees could learn a lesson from her.[/quote]

Agreed. Be nice to see more folks there like that. An email to corporate detailing that experience is due.

Title it: ADD THIS LADY'S STYLE TO THE HANDBOOK TO DEAL WITH CAGs

[quote name='mbartholow']Stopped by the Monroeville PA store today. Looking for the Hori DS In-Ear headphones hoping for the 35% off stack. TRU doesn't sell them I suppose (Target does). I had printed two coupons and was ready to leave when I saw a younger mom picking up 2 BD&A DS starter packs (Mario case, headphones, trinkets). Each marked at $30 bones. She was able to use my coupon to get 35% off on one, kept the other coupon and was headed back tomorrow to buy her second pack (store manager said she could only stack on one item with the printed coupon). She'll save $20 some bucks. Not bad! And yes, I'm the videogame Mother Teresa.[/quote]I had a similar story. I saw a little kid walking around the R Zone with a calculator and 2 DS games. His mom came up and asked if he was ready. He couldn't decide which game to get and the mom said he can't get both because he doesn't have enough allowance money. I went up to them and handed the little kid 2 coupons, the mom looks at them, and she says to say thank you because now he's able to get both.

Hopefully, a future CAG. :D

Plan to use the 15 percent off tomorrow, possibly a point card, to prepare for Fatal Fury and Cyberball coming to XBLA next week.

I also was able to use a printout of the coupon. Employee was really cool about it, depends on who you get I guess.

I brought a printout to TRU in Nashua, NH today, but they didn't take it.
I don't know why. I wish it worked but didn't, or else I would've spent on a Points Card.

// Roth

TRU sucks ass. Locally, they didn't take printed coupon and showed me the memo dated in August 26th saying no photo copied/printed (they called it "internet") coupons.

I bought two things from TRU.com recently. I bought 2 memory units and shipped me only one and I had to prove that there was only one in the package.

The next, pre-ordered Bioshock which is still in back order. Yesterday, I called their customer service (I had to choose placing new order option since existing order only gets you automated messages) The rep basically told me they had no idea about the status of my order, and it might have been cancelled. And, I asked, "you guys cancel orders and doesn't even tell the customers?" The answer was "Yes, it happens."

At this point, I'm going to boycott TRU because they suck.

bread's done
Back