Extended Warranty now added to RROD!!!

h2dk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
wow, just got a letter from Microsoft. If you purchased the 1 year or 2 year extended warranty, it is now added to the 3 year RROD warranty.

Quote:

For example, if you purchased a 1 year Microsoft Extended Service Contract, your Xbox 360 console would be covered for an additional 1 year after the date that your original 1 year warranty expires for a total of 2 years; and 1 additional year after the three year warranty for 3 Flashing Red Lights expires, for a total of 4 years, should you ever experience that particular failure.

[quote name='h2dk']wow, just got a letter from Microsoft. If you purchased the 1 year or 2 year extended warranty, it is now added to the 3 year RROD warranty.

Quote:

For example, if you purchased a 1 year Microsoft Extended Service Contract, your Xbox 360 console would be covered for an additional 1 year after the date that your original 1 year warranty expires for a total of 2 years; and 1 additional year after the three year warranty for 3 Flashing Red Lights expires, for a total of 4 years, should you ever experience that particular failure.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have a letter from them saying no matter what happens to your 360 (hard drive dies, Ethernet port dies, DVD Drive goes wonky, or RROD) they will fix it free of charge period. No questions asked. Just send it in and a promise that you will get it back in 2 weeks.

I am just happy that I am covered for 5 years "should you ever experience that particular failure":rofl::rofl:

(mine is on it's way back from the shop as of today)

Wow. I wonder how long it'll be before I get this letter. I really felt like I got the shaft for my $50 for my 3 year warranty, and to be frank, I still feel like I did. Shipping my 360 away for 3-4 weeks is bullshit.

2 years of UNLIMITED EXCHANGE from Microcenter on my refurb is better then what MS is offering. If it RRoD on me, it goes back to microcenter and I get another one period. If they are out of Refurbs, I get a 250$ gift card that I can use to buy another one.

[quote name='ITDEFX']2 years of UNLIMITED EXCHANGE from Microcenter on my refurb is better then what MS is offering. If it RRoD on me, it goes back to microcenter and I get another one period. If they are out of Refurbs, I get a 250$ gift card that I can use to buy another one.[/quote]

I think it is safe to say that 90% of the internet knows about your 2 years of UNLIMITED EXCHANGE from Microcenter :lol::applause:

Yeah four years in total, because by then MS will be ready to sell the XBox 720 or whatever it will be called, and no longer repair 360's because you'll be buying their next console by then ;)

If you check the wording on your extended warranty contract, you will notice that you can at any time send Microsoft a written letter stating that you wish to cancel the contract and they will cut you a check for the full (or reduced if partly used) purchase amount.

I was probably a month or two in, plus might not have even paid 60 for the extended warranty, and I sent in some short handwritten note on scribble paper with all the key details (my info, including contract number and what not) and they sent me a check for $60.

There isn't really any need to go beyond 3 years red ring protection.

[quote name='magiic']I think it is safe to say that 90% of the internet knows about your 2 years of UNLIMITED EXCHANGE from Microcenter :lol::applause:[/QUOTE]

lol

still I feel safer knowing I can bring it back when it gives me the evil eyes on me..instead of sending it back to MS and it getting ripped off by UPS. :)

[quote name='ITDEFX']2 years of UNLIMITED EXCHANGE from Microcenter on my refurb is better then what MS is offering. If it RRoD on me, it goes back to microcenter and I get another one period. If they are out of Refurbs, I get a 250$ gift card that I can use to buy another one.[/quote]

THANK YOU FOR TELLING US ALL ABOUT YOUR WONDERFUL WARRANTY IN EVERY TOPIC.

Too bad I got my 360 about a whole year before you did your stupid deal, that was so shady that some people didn't even get that warranty and was thus YMMV.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I'd rather have a letter from them saying no matter what happens to your 360 (hard drive dies, Ethernet port dies, DVD Drive goes wonky, or RROD) they will fix it free of charge period. No questions asked. Just send it in and a promise that you will get it back in 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's good business sense. You should go start a company.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I'd rather have a letter from them saying no matter what happens to your 360 (hard drive dies, Ethernet port dies, DVD Drive goes wonky, or RROD) they will fix it free of charge period. No questions asked. Just send it in and a promise that you will get it back in 2 weeks.[/quote]

I'm with DEFX on this one... I guarantee you my 360 is going to RROD on me as soon as the warrant runs out.

I would feel pretty confident that no one will ever have to pay for a RROD error on a non-voided 360. Since they've admitted that the console if flawed and prone to the failure, they know they'd never win a class-action lawsuit. Just like how Sony continued to accept failing PS2s years after launch for free repair, the 360s will continue to come in and go back out at MS expense. Mark my words, they'll never charge for a RROD repair, even five years out.

Come on down to Bills Xbox emporium! We'll guarantee something that in the next 2-3 years wont happen because they'll be no red leds!

[quote name='Liquid 2']Yeah, that's good business sense. You should go start a company.[/QUOTE]

Hey, make a quality product and you won't have to worry about returns being an issue. Make crap and that idea makes 0 business sense. :)

(No, I'm not singling out MS here... so keep those cards and letters...)

[quote name='help1']THANK YOU FOR TELLING US ALL ABOUT YOUR WONDERFUL WARRANTY IN EVERY TOPIC.

Too bad I got my 360 about a whole year before you did your stupid deal, that was so shady that some people didn't even get that warranty and was thus YMMV.[/QUOTE]

It's not a stupid deal.. Yea it's a refurb, but it works(somewhat). Paid 100 bucks less then the retail model with the same function. I am not sure if you should call it a YMMV situation since it was a regional thing... Some people got 1 year unlimited exchanges, others like me got 2 years, and then there are those people who got 3 years coverage. Price varied of course, but to have 3 years of coverage thru microcenter instead of microsoft is great. Should I bitch and moan about the people who got the 3 year exchange? Nah..Don't get pissed because I waited a bit longer for a 360 deal and you didn't...geez what are you still mad at microsoft for price dropping and released the elite when you paid for your 20 gig months earlier? 2007 was no doubt the year to get a 360 because of it's strong line up of games that came out.

I'll stop mentioning my 2 year exchange deal since your being a baby about it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Yeah, that's good business sense. You should go start a company.[/QUOTE]

yea it's stuff like this will eventually drive microcenter out of business :whistle2:|

bread's done
Back