Extra $20 for system tradein and 30% more on tradeins 3 or more? YMMV

sonarrat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I just got back from the Gamestop close to the San Jose airport at Coleman & Taylor. I traded in a system and 9 games, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was given some deals not listed on Gamestop's website:

Gamecube system $45.00 (Bonus: $20.00 Promo #424)
Baten Kaitos Origins GC $21.00 (Bonus: $4.50 Promo #429, Bonus: $1.50 MORE 10%)

I traded 9 games, and he said that 3 or more games get 30% extra.

Yeah, I traded in my GC today since I'm hoping to get my hands on a Wii tomorrow morning.
The reason you don't see them on the website anymore is that tomorrow (the 3rd) is the last day for them. You can actually still find the ad on their site using Google, there just isn't a link to it anymore on the site. Says that 12/3 is the last day.

Gamecube traded in to get $45 store credit or cash?

Also, is that $45 total AFTER the bonus $20 or is that BEFORE the bonus $20? $65 to trade in a GC seems too good to be true, but I just have to ask. :p

[quote name='Scorch']45 is after the bonus[/QUOTE]
Yup. It was for store credit too because I essentially traded my GC for a copy of Zelda.

I was going to trade in my GC (original with the digital out, but don't have component cables :( ) if that was still going on, but I thought it had expired before the Wii was out. I'll check on this in the (west) Madison, WI store tomorrow, hope it works!

How exactly did you get that much for Baten Kaitos? Do you have to sell it with your system, or other games in order to get it for $21, or can I just sell the game itself?

I recieved an email from GameStop talking about this deal. Its 20% extra trade credit towards any item in the store and 30% if you bring a friend. Its subject to Seattle and Chicago area Gamestops only. I guess San Jose is having a similar deal. It seems to be a new strategy of Gamestops, area based trading deals.

Are gamestop going to get more wii in tomorrow as well? Anyone have the link to the extra 20 bucks toward trade in? ATM, I am still deeply debating should I get a Wii for Zelda or wait 2 week for gc verion to be out since I have a cube already

ok, i feel like scum cause I have a whole stash of goodies to take into eb/gamestop when they open at 11 here in orlando. i may be just worn out due to lack of sleep but does the system trade in(heard throughout the forums) apply extra credit only to a 360 or can i get the extra 20 tacked on for a wii?

Lol, shista! There probably aren't any wii's anyways!

Sorry for the HORRIBLE grammar/spelling:cry:

YMMV on this since I've seen it at only two stores (but it was an official sign) but some stores have a free Game Play Guarentee and Call of Duty 2 when you buy a Premium Xbox 360.

As of Sunday, Dec. 3, they're still giving 45$ for a complete GC system with the extra 20$ bonus. That plus selling my Gameboy Player puts me so much closer to getting a Wii!

If Gamestop ever gets them in stock *grumble*.

The girl that waited on my said there's a rumor from her managers that the price of the Wii is dropping to $200 by February. I wonder if that has any grain of truth, or if it's just so people stop asking when their next shipment is coming?

bread's done
Back