Extra 20% on trades when picking up any Pre Order at GAME CRAZY

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Extra 20% on trades when picking up any Pre Order at GAME CRAZY

I saw the EB GoW2 thread and realized this deal didn't have it's own thread. I know it was mentioned in another GC deal thread but here's it's own.

It should be going on all the way through April. I don't know the exact dates but I can find out today when I go into work.

I know they're trying to make this an ongoing promotion at GC. Right now they're testing it to see how much customer flow improves because of it. Take advantage of it if you want it to stick around forever.

YOU DON'T NEED AN MVP FOR THIS. Don't let some bullshit employee hassle you around with it either. It's a coupon code they can either scan or enter manually themselves.

Oh yeah one more thing. GC trade in values are higher than EB/GS MOST of the time. If EB/GS gives you more for a game see if they will price match it at GC. PM'ing trade in values at GC is highly YMMV due to some managers just not wanting to do it but from what I've seen most are down to do it.

It's a great deal. Was going to use it for Guitar Hero 2, but unfortunately the very day I go to preorder it is the day they cut off preorders.. d'oh. Traded it COD2 and Red Steel on the Wii and was able to get Crackdown with a few bucks to spare (..though that also included the employee discount on crackdown.. so..)

I know there's some heavy hitters right now.. Gears trades in for around $39 after 20%, COD3 on the 360 trades in for 36, Lost Planet CE would trade in for around 39 and the normal version around 36.. fantastic deal.

[quote name='Scorch']It's a great deal. Was going to use it for Guitar Hero 2, but unfortunately the very day I go to preorder it is the day they cut off preorders.. d'oh[/quote]

Really? You might be able to pre order it after all. I'm sure the pre order list had the cut off date but since the game doesn't have a set release date from Activision then the cut off date might change to a later date... again. Check back with them, I'm sure you can do it. The cut off is usually 10 days before the release. You can take pre orders after that but you're not in the guarantee period anymore. So if you pre order after that date and you're the 6th pre order and they only get 5 GH2's... Oh well.

Scorch, I feel your pain. I was going to preorder Guitar Hero 2 when I picked my Crackdown up.....lo & behold that ends up being the day they cut off preorders. They need to give us some kind of heads up. Send us a hotmail when they almost all out of preorders so I doesn't blindside us last second. It happened with Wii Play and now Guitar Hero 2.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']Really? You might be able to pre order it after all. I'm sure the pre order list had the cut off date but since the game doesn't have a set release date from Activision then the cut off date might change to a later date... again. Check back with them, I'm sure you can do it. The cut off is usually 10 days before the release. You can take pre orders after that but you're not in the guarantee period anymore. So if you pre order after that date and you're the 6th pre order and they only get 5 GH2's... Oh well.[/quote]
no, you can't. A hotmail came down yesterday morning saying they were cutting off preorders and it's priced at 0.01 in the POS. It's the same thing they did for Wii play.

//edit: ctice, there was a hotmail. Granted, it was day of, but there was one.. could've given us some fucking notice, you know? That shit pisses me off, especially on a big release day when I could've rolled over nearly every customer's Crackdown preorder over to GH2 (since nothing else is coming out). The most we can do now is wishlist it. Horrible decision by the front office.

Yeps, that's what I'm saying. We got that hotmail that day & pissed me off. I had to Preorder Def Jam & Wario DS. Normally I have a few preorders incase something like this happens, but Guitar Hero 2 blind-sided me. I was lucky that I got my Wii Play preordered before cutoff (which happened to be 3 days before the actual cutoff date & without any hotmail that I kow off). I push preorders hard for this very reason.

AHHH that fucking sucks. I didn't work yesterday. It was one of my two days off. I didn't have it preordered! I was going to take care of that today too. That suckksss.

Now you cant trade in your games for an extra 20% towards a preorder right? You have to bring in your games to trade them the day you pick UP your preorder, correct?

[quote name='badboysean']Now you cant trade in your games for an extra 20% towards a preorder right? You have to bring in your games to trade them the day you pick UP your preorder, correct?[/quote]

Correct. I'll clarify that in the OP.

also, they told me I couldnt pre-order Guitar Hero 2 with this deal because their deal ends in march and it has to be something that comes out BEFORE the promotion date in march ... The kid I talked to was really pissing me off though, and im not sure he knows what hes talking about..

I would REALLY like this clarified because I have a stack of games I would like to use towards pre-orders.

It doesn't matter regarding to GH2 because, once again (as said above multiple times), GH2 is no longer available for preorder. GC has filled their first allocation as a company for the 360 version and will not be taking any more preorders on it.

If you can't use the 20% towards the preorder then the deal isn't that great. I don't think I ever pay full price for games anymore.

[quote name='Scorch']It doesn't matter regarding to GH2 because, once again (as said above multiple times), GH2 is no longer available for preorder. GC has filled their first allocation as a company for the 360 version and will not be taking any more preorders on it.[/QUOTE]

I dont care about that scorch, this was over a week ago when the employee said that .....

[quote name='OGHowie']If you can't use the 20% towards the preorder then the deal isn't that great. [/quote]

Wait... What? If you mean use the trades on the actual pre order to pay it off in full before it comes out then that makes sense. But I mean... either way all you got to do is put 5 bucks down and then trade your stuff in the day the game comes out.

Like I said, This deal might end soon (March sounds reasonable but I forgot to check the exact date) but they are trying to make this deal permanent. They're testing it out to see how many more customers it brings in. So if you want to see it stay and it strikes our fancy, take advantage of it.

If they are actually going to have Wario Master of Disguse for $30 I might use trade in's for a pre-order. I also need to see if they have Raiden 3 in the system yet, a few weeks ago they couldn't look it up :(

the problem is, you can ONLY use this deal on games that are out before the end date in march... Sooooo, in my case I have a 360 so I get to choose from ninja turtles and like 2 other games. Nothing worth pre-ordering..

I told the guy it was a terrible ad, as they had the deal on the front page of their ad with all the preorders in top of it including GH2.. Very misleading..

bread's done
Back