Extra 25% off ALL EA STORE/ORIGIN GAMES - $20 EA Games Card @ GameStop for $15!

Slim Gatsby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (97%)
It was briefly mentioned in the Origin Sale thread as being YMMV, but I confirmed that GameStop carries $20 EA Game Cards and there is in-store signage for a $15 sale price through 4/1. I have not redeemed mine yet, but they state that they are good for any downloadable games on Origin, more info is at http://www.eacashcard.com

I'm planning on using this to purchase Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, and some other Origin games that I've been eyeing.

EDIT: It looks like these can be used for physical games as well, and this is a great way to take advantage of the sale while using the GS credit many of us have amassed recently.

EDIT, 2: Some people have reported having trouble using a combination of EA credit and a credit/debit card for their transaction. So far, it looks like you can do this, but it must be split into two orders. Place one using just credit, and then you'll be able to place a second order using both credit and a credit card without any errors. I don't know why it works, but it just does.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ineedanadult']I've been in a live-chat with a representative for a while now...tried clearing cache, different browsers etc typical troubleshooting stuff - no dice. I tried explaining it's probably a problem with the system since seems to be based on total amount of order...Am told to wait while they look into the issue. I'll update later, hopefully they'll fix this...[/QUOTE]

Similar to what someone else posted I wasn't able to make a $150 purchase using $100 EA Card and $50 on my Debit Card (See my earlier post).

So I did a $90 purchase and left $10 in my account.

I just went back and was able to do a $50 purchase using the reamind $10 from my EA Account and $40 on my debit card.

I have no idea why it would just work the first time through but it let me pay the remaider using my debit card on the second transaction

There does seem to be some sort of amount limit as far as how much can be split on your credit card.

Using one $20 card and some few cents left over from a previous purchase, I was trying to buy Mass Effect 1+2 (digital download). Tax added put me over the amount I had, so I tried charging the rest to my credit card. It didn't work looping me back to the insufficient funds page.

Bought Mass effect 1 separately, then tried buying ME2 once again diverting what was left onto the CC. Didn't work.

I added the Pinnacle Station dlc with my ME2 order to see if that would be enough, and surprisingly it was. It split my payment with $9.57 in EA cash, and $3.70 to my CC.

So ~$1 wouldn't go through, but $3.70 would. Shrugs. Hope this helps someone else

[quote name='GBAstar']Similar to what someone else posted I wasn't able to make a $150 purchase using $100 EA Card and $50 on my Debit Card (See my earlier post).

So I did a $90 purchase and left $10 in my account.

I just went back and was able to do a $50 purchase using the reamind $10 from my EA Account and $40 on my debit card.

I have no idea why it would just work the first time through but it let me pay the remaider using my debit card on the second transaction[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not all of us have $150 orders :cold:

UPDATE: Live-representative bailed on me. Told me I need to wait an hour, try again and then contact if same issue....

Next thing they had me try was download Origin...they asked if I had Origin client to which I said I didn't but explained I was trying to buy physical xbox 360 copies and not PC digital ones. Representative still had me download origin and try to buy the game on there. I could not find a way to buy anything other than digital PC copies (Who'd a thunk?) So the representative tried initiating a shared desktop with me. I don't know if it's the fact I was on mozilla firefox or something blocking or perhaps because I have multiple screens but it didn't work. So yeah, they told me to try again later...I explained I was trying to make the spring sale which ends tomorrow but was still told to wait an hour and contact again and they'd help me.......We'll see...

Picked up 2 of the cards at my Gamestop today and am now debating on what to get. Any suggestions? I pretty much have or have played/beaten most of the ones on sale. =|

Weird. I was able to use $40 from the cards and cover the remaining $8 with my credit card with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had problems using the EA game card with a credit card the whole day.
But I just got it to work after trying so many different methods, here's how I think it'll work for everybody.

I had 3 games I wanted and it came out to be a little bit more than $40 after tax, and only had $40 from the EA game cards.
I've added PC games to top it a little bit over $40 and it didn't work, but just now I added another $15 physical game to push it well over $40 and at the confirmation page it actually showed EA Credit and Credit Card amounts, so I went back to edit my order and erased my last item on the list (the one I didn't want in the first place) and it actually showed EA Credit and Credit Card amounts this time (even though it only showed EA Credit only and kept looping back to asking for my Credit Card Number with the same 3 games I've been trying the whole day)

Hope this method works for everybody else so people don't have to be cheated by this crappy online store.

Oh boy guys and gals. Apparently EA Account Balance cannot be used with any other payment methods. You cannot combine payment methods.

Here's the final chat log (I appologize for my sloppy typing and apparent irritation as it's late and I have been talking to EA representatives for two hours...)

You are now ready to chat with Simple.
Simple:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Simple how may I help you?
you: Hi, I'm trying to purchase two physical xbox 360 games on the origin website. I'm trying to use my EA Account Balance and a credit card but it will not let me add the credit card. I have already talked to a representative an hour ago who tried to help me but couldn't and told me to try again after an hour.
Simple: Robert, I understand your concern. Let me see what I can do in this case.
Simple: Please tell me if you receive any error message?
you: loop sends me back to same page to add a credit card
you: You do not have enough funds in your account to cover the full purchase. Please enter a credit card to complete the transaction.
Simple: Please tell me if you are using both EA Account Balance and a credit card together?
you: yes
Simple: Robert, please be informed that you cannot use two payment methods together.
you: I cannot use the credit card to pay for the rest of the purchase?
Simple: No, you need to use either credit card or the account balance.
you: That doesn't make sense...so you're saying I would always be stuck with left over EA cash balance?
Simple: You can purchase any other thing with the EA account balance which doesn't require amount from credit card.
you: well how about this then. The other people encountering this same problem have a work around where they made the total come out to much more than the origin account balance
you: would it be possible to only use PART of my origin account balance to at least cover one game and still qualify for free shipping?
you: Because clearly you can use account balance and credit card combined in same order but you're saying apparently it just can't be used on same items.
Simple: According to the information we have, credit card cannot be used along with any other payment method.
you: Then how are these other people clearly doing it...
you: the error seems to come from the amount of tax pushes the total amount just above how much account balance you have
Simple: I can under stand that Robert but this is how it works.
Simple: We cannot do much in this case.
Simple: You can only use any discount coupon with credit card.
you: ok well if that's how the system works why can i not choose credit card as payment option?
you: It doesn't even give me the option it FORCES me to use my balance first
you: because it thinks im under $40 until tax is applied in which case it asks me to add a credit card and i get the loop
Simple: Okay, have you tried with another browser?
you: yes, firefox, internet explorer, google chrome
you: the origin account balance and credit card are both permanently filled in bubbles that I cannot uncheck
you: it's forcing me to use balance first
Simple: Okay, I need to escalate the issue to senior support for further assistance. They should contact you within 5-6 days via email. In mean time, if you want you can add balance to your EA account and then try to purchase the game.
you: So you're saying my only option to make the spring sale that ends tomorrow...is to put more useless EA cash in my balance that I'll never be able to use because I will not be able to complete any purchases that cost more than the remaining cash I'll have left in balance?....
you: I mean if the EA cash cannot be used with any other payment method why would I want more change leftover in there...i'll never be able to find something to purchase that fits an even number...
Simple: Just add only that much amount which is necessary to buy the game.
you: How would I go about doing that...could I buy the exact amount of EA cash with a credit card?
you: The current EA cash I have is from cards I bought at store
Simple: Yes, please get another card of the amount equivalent to the amount needed from your credit card to buy the game.
you: No but the cards come in pre-set amounts no? Like these were two $20 cards...I only need a little bit over a dollar more in EA cash to complete my purchase purely with EA cash. Is there a way I could buy only like a $1.80 in EA cash?
Simple: I am afraid, that's not possible.
you: That
you: 's ridiculous, why would I want an extra $19 in EA cash left over in my balance if I can't use it with any other payment methods? In order to use I'd have to find stuff to buy that would be under $19 each time or else if it's like $21 I'd have to buy another $20 cash card and be in the same dilema again?
Simple: Robert, I completely understand your issue. But I cannot do much in this case. I will escalate the issue to senior support.
you: Wait, but how will I make the spring sale? It ends tomorrow and I am not buying more EA cash since the system is clearly flawed and a senior support is not going to fix it for me because it turns out it's not even a glitch...
Simple: The most I can do is provide the discount amount to you later when the issue gets fixed.
Simple: Please try after 1-2 days and if you are able to buy the items then we will provide discount to you on later date.
Simple: Please tell me what game or item you are trying to purchase and its price.
you: Alright...but you can see this isn't a glitch right? I cannot even split the total $40 of the EA Cash to pay for one game and pay for the other game by Credit Card to still get free shipping. This isn't a glitch - just a flaw in the system...
you: Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360 $29.99 and Dante's Inferno - Xbox360 $9.99
Simple: Okay, what is the sale offer?
you: it's 50% off those games in the Origin spring sale
you: and I was qualifying for the free shipping
Simple: Okay, I will add all this information to your account emailaddress.
you: thank you
Simple: Please keep this case ID ########.
Simple: When you will contact us again, please provide this case ID and we will assist you further.
Simple: I humbly request for your patience and understanding in this matter.
you: Ok, so email again in 1-2 days or use this live-chat?
Simple: Try to purchase game and contact us when you have placed the order successfully.
you: But I cannot purchase the game...
you: as long as there is EA cash in my balance it won't let me fill out the orders
Simple: If you are planning to buy any other item too which can be purchased with the EA account balance then, purchase it. I mean just try to use EA balance first.
you: No but I can't complete the order because I do not have enough EA cash...how would I be able to complete order and then contact?
Simple: Okay, in that case, please wait for senior support email.
Simple: You can also contact our phone support if you want.
you: So I should be expecting that senior support email in 5-6 days and they will help me complete the order with the case ID you gave me?
Simple: Yes, they will assist you further with your issue.
you: Ok thank you
Simple: Robert, I humbly request for your patience and understanding in this matter.
Simple: You're welcome.
Simple: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
you: Nope
Simple: If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us anytime!
Simple: Thank you for contacting EA help and chatting with me. I appreciate your time and have a great day!
you: thanks, you too
Simple: Bye and take care!
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

[quote name='ineedanadult']Oh boy guys and gals. Apparently EA Account Balance cannot be used with any other payment methods. You cannot combine payment methods.
[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, I did it. See my post above yours on how.
Origin store glitches out cuz it sux, you just gotta glitch it back...

[quote name='gacktplays']Yes you can, I did it. See my post above yours on how.
Origin store glitches out cuz it sux, you just gotta glitch it back...[/QUOTE]

Do you have to submit the order when you add the $15 game? I'm still getting as payment method is all by Account balance (even after adding credit card info.)

[quote name='ineedanadult']Do you have to submit the order when you add the $15 game? I'm still getting as payment method is all by Account balance (even after adding credit card info.)[/QUOTE]

Try different games, try different total, try different order but just put extra games last.
Try until you get that Account Balance + Credit Card balance to show up before the final confirm page, then go to where it says edit cart and delete the items you don't want and continue to see if the way the charge you stays the same on final page w/ the Credit Card amount.

Keep trying different games and amount of money above your Account Balance until u get it. Because that's how I got it.

I ran into the same issue, and just had to play with combinations of different games and see how tax effected the total purchase. The site itself is horrible, and had they not had a deal, I would refuse to do business with them on that point alone.

Ended up getting the following and with only $0.24 left in my account balance (I bought 6 cards from one of my local Gamestops)
- Dante's Inferno - Divine Edition - PS3
- Dead Space 2 - PS3
- Alice Madness Returns - PS3
- Dragon Age Origins - Complete Edition - PS3
- Army of Two - 40th Day - 360
- Shadows of the Damned - 360
- Need for Speed Shift (with bonus promo code for some car) - 360
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - 360

Got free shipping due to the order total.

Was able to use credit from a 360 Arcade I traded in to Gamestop for $140 on that other deal. I bought it off a buddy for $40.

Great pickup for money spent I think.

[quote name='srac84']hey guys, i was having the same problem. I kinda have a solution..if you want free shipping your gonna have to split your orders into at least 39.99 each. I had 100 dollars in my account, so what i did was i made 2 separate orders of 52.95. It's weird it won't let you use your credit card on your first order, it just takes you back to the page and says you don't have enough credit if you do 1 big order like i had an order for 105.90 but only 100 in credit. So if you split them...after you make your first order and it deducts from your ea balance. The second time you make an order the credit option will work. You'll notice on the last page before you submit your order it'll say something like 30 dollar deducted from your ea balance and 17 from your credit card.. that's the only way i got it to work without leaving some left over credit in my account. Just make sure to make the total greater than 39.99 in order to get free shipping.

Also, according to their terms of use, ea balance has to be used first before your credit card, so for those looking for the option of "not" using it, stop looking because it doesn't exist lol[/QUOTE]

This worked for me too. I took the bite for free shipping and bought Crysis 2 with a first order, and my second order for SSX went through fine. Last time I'll ever use Origin, though.

[quote name='fortunado']I wonder if you get Alan Wake through Origin if the key will also activate it on Steam?[/QUOTE]

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I plan on doing this. It is a Steamworks game so yes.

What about Origin?

We're happy to announce that Alan Wake is available for purchase also on EA's Origin service. However, the game will still integrate with Steam - Origin is used for the purchase and initial download.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2546788

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I meant return the sealed copy from Origin. As long as it has no extra stickers on the shrinkwrap then I should be okay.[/QUOTE]

I havent bought from Origin for many months but if you are worried about the EA store sticker that i am thinking of you don't need to worry. The copies are shrinkwrapped exactly like the retail copies. The EA store sticker applies to only the games at the physical EA store.

Good Lord - I finally managed to glitch the system so that I could get ME3 for Xbox360 with my $60 EA Cash Cards (had been trying since Saturday Night)

1) Login to account
2) Add ME3 (360) to account
3) Add NFS: Shift (360) to account (had the free DLC too)
4) Go Through Payment Screen, entering CC#
5) Magically, Origin form finally split the cost to my CC
6) Click on Edit Shopping Cart - Remove NFS: Shift game
7) Checkout - I noticed that the CC# was saved now (this was a change :))
8) Complete Order for the win (including email confirmation)

Thanks for the previous notes guys. God, thought I was going to be stuck until Origin fixed their ordering system.

[quote name='agamer']Good Lord - I finally managed to glitch the system so that I could get ME3 for Xbox360 with my $60 EA Cash Cards (had been trying since Saturday Night)

1) Login to account
2) Add ME3 (360) to account
3) Add NFS: Shift (360) to account (had the free DLC too)
4) Go Through Payment Screen, entering CC#
5) Magically, Origin form finally split the cost to my CC
6) Click on Edit Shopping Cart - Remove NFS: Shift game
7) Checkout - I noticed that the CC# was saved now (this was a change :))
8) Complete Order for the win (including email confirmation)

Thanks for the previous notes guys. God, thought I was going to be stuck until Origin fixed their ordering system.[/QUOTE]

This worked for me AFTER I logged out and relogged back in and put all the games + the filler in my cart to checkout.

[quote name='Waru']This worked for me AFTER I logged out and relogged back in and put all the games + the filler in my cart to checkout.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Clearing cart, logging out and logging back in then adding my original games + NFS made it work. :applause:

I'm starting to run out of time.

I have $100 in my account. Do I try and purchase less then $100 on the first attempt or more?

I've tried purchasing less then $100 and more and each time I get some error message about my credit card not being approved

[quote name='agamer']Good Lord - I finally managed to glitch the system so that I could get ME3 for Xbox360 with my $60 EA Cash Cards (had been trying since Saturday Night)

[/QUOTE]

So awesome it worked! You da man! :applause:

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']So awesome it worked! You da man! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Glad to be of assistance - have to give earlier posts in this thread credit for my random attempts... had all but given up hope on getting an order through this week (and any time in the near future for that matter)

[quote name='sfabo']Has anyone gotten their orders out of the "Processing" stage?
Placed my order on the 18th.[/QUOTE]

I placed my order on 3/15/2012. The status of my order is, "Still in Processing." But I did get one of my items yesterday (I only wished that I ordered +39 for free shipping.)

My order was placed on 3/14 (at night) and it shipped out on Friday. Items arrived yesterday. I only wish I'd found the EA cash cards before I placed the order. Oh well. I'll save the credit for the next sale. I have a $5 discount code to use, as well.

[quote name='technicalstylez']me3 shipped, me 2 from the same order is mia.[/QUOTE]

That's at least 3 people who ordered ME2 only to have it go missing. I ordered 4 games and one was Mass Effect 2. All of my games have shipped aside from ME2. Ugh.

[quote name='Tsel']That's at least 3 people who ordered ME2 only to have it go missing. I ordered 4 games and one was Mass Effect 2. All of my games have shipped aside from ME2. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

I ordered FIFA & ME2, got my shipping email today with only FIFA in the confirmation..I'm hoping ME2 will be bundled inside

same here me2 hasnt shipped but this has happened to me before when i ordered the sim city box with some other games. What is means is that they currently have it back ordered and once its in stock again they will ship it which is what they told me on the phone, it took about 1 week when i made last times order with sim city everything was shipped except simcity then i got simcity 1 week later. So, I'm assuming the same thing goes for ME2 now..

[quote name='technicalstylez']did anyone else receive their me2? i ordered one for 360 but they sent me me2 collectors edition for pc instead. got it today. weird, right?[/QUOTE]

I put one in my order to get the free shipping and never got it.

Still haven't gotten my ME2. What's even worse is that it doesn't show up in my order history, but all the others do. Still have no problem charging me for it though.

I also have not received my ME2. I chatted with a rep and was told to not worry and I would get my game.

Pretty dumb how they will charge you even without shipping first.
With all the problems with Origin, this will definitely be my last time ordering with them.

[quote name='sfabo']I also have not received my ME2. I chatted with a rep and was told to not worry and I would get my game.

Pretty dumb how they will charge you even without shipping first.
With all the problems with Origin, this will definitely be my last time ordering with them.
[/QUOTE]

I know this might give everyone a quick laugh, but did they mention a time frame? Was your ME2 an xbox version?

I am plan to chat with a representative tomorrow as well. Hoping for the best.

Now I am curious at to why ME 2 xbox edition was/is delayed for many. An overwhelming amount of orders, I wonder?

bread's done
Back