Extra Copies of 'floating' Halo 3...what to do...

cdrober

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have run into some trouble after my CAG activities have left me with good deals, but yet too many copies of Halo 3. My issue is that I have an extra copy of Halo 3 Limited Edition.

Now, normally i could list it on ebay, or try and trade it here on Cag (which I am trying to do with 1 of my copies), but this one is definitely a floater. I hate to ebay it as I feel when they open it (even though it is sealed) people will want a refund/give me negative feedback. I sure wouldn't want this copy, but now I don't know what to do with it...I could go buy another hopefully non-floater and return this copy, but after a trip to a couple local stores I was unable to find another non-floating copy...

What would you do? I also bought it from NewEgg with their 30 day non-refundable warranty...but I doubt if I try to return it for a non-floater copy that nothing will be gained....

Anyone know what I should do? And, just off-hand, what could I get at GS/EB with this and the 20% bonus for applying it to some pre-order...

Thanks in advance for any input, anything would be helpful :)

[quote name='wildnuts02']sorry to make you state the obvious, but what does "floater" mean[/quote]
The disc inside the case is not secure to the disc holder and is now sliding freely around the tin case collecting battle scars.

don't worry tho only about 90% of all of the halo 3 CE had this problem, well done game case designers.

for the OP, i dont know what your should do.
Mine was a floater and i just returned it for an exchange from liongames.

But if you do decide to ebay it or trade it to a CAG, just inform them that they can send the disc in to microsoft for a free replacement.
I'm sure the sale value wont be that bad.

Floater means he has one of the LE versions that the disc is loose in the case.

All I can say is why would you buy multiple copies of Halo 3 unless it was a week or so early and expect to make a profit when the market was so flooded with them on launch?

Call Eb/GS and see what they say I would think they should give at least $30 in credit lol ...

sorry but either way your taking a loss because even ebay no one is going to pay more for a game they could just get off thier butts and drive to any store and get...

[quote name='Derrick1979']Floater means he has one of the LE versions that the disc is loose in the case.

All I can say is why would you buy multiple copies of Halo 3 unless it was a week or so early and expect to make a profit when the market was so flooded with them on launch?

Call Eb/GS and see what they say I would think they should give at least $30 in credit lol ...

sorry but either way your taking a loss because even ebay no one is going to pay more for a game they could just get off thier butts and drive to any store and get...[/quote]
Well, this one copy was for a friend, but because NewEgg couldn't get it here in time he got his own copy from Wal-Mart, but he got the REGULAR one so I can't go return this one with that receipt.

The other copy I got was because of the 3 MS Points cards for $4.99 each from Best Buy, but after purchasing that I decided to get the Legendary Edition (which I got and am keeping).

So, due to those 2 things I have 2 copies of the LE, one floater and one non-floater (up FS/FT).

If I end up not being able to do anything with this floater I think I will just open it, get some new discs in the mail, and keep it for the nice case, haha. But the non-floater I'm looking to get to another CAG who may want it.

BTW- MY realized actual total cost on this copy is $64 total. I would be happy with getting $55 or $60 out of it, but I think that is too optomistic haha.

PS-> Is it unethical to ask another CAG to give me a cash receipt for a LE copy? (I'm thinking it is so don't flame me or lock this thread please, let me know and I will remove this statement).

You said you got two copies, one from BB and one from NewEgg.

Why don't you just return the floater copy to Best Buy? Is it because of the points deal that they won't let you?

[quote name='Vinny']You said you got two copies, one from BB and one from NewEgg.

Why don't you just return the floater copy to Best Buy? Is it because of the points deal that they won't let you?[/quote]

Yeah, if I return the copy to BB they will retroactively charge me $19.99 + tax for each points card instead of the $4.99 I paid, so if I return to best buy I only get ( 70 - 15 -15 -15 = $25 + tax ) for the returned copy of it...which I really don't want to do...I am going tomorrow and see if somehow I can do some sort of in-store exchange for the regular or Legendary Editions and pay/recieve the difference in credit...but I don't think that is going to work, but I will try.

Also, yeah, I think it is crazy how now the LE is worth LESS than the regular edition of Halo 3....

bread's done
Back