extras: complete series deals?

DeepDiscount.com has it for $37.28 (free shipping):

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=26370048

I've had wonderful success with them in the past. The shipping is likely simple shipping, but if you're patient, it's worth the wait to be a true CAG and save, save, save any way you can :)

I have Amazon Prime, so second day shipping is "free" for me. I live in Seattle, though, so I have to pay tax on it. No biggie, though, since after tax it comes out to be roughly the same amount, and arrives a bit sooner than if I ordered it from DeepDiscount.

Either way, great set - I'm a huuuge "The Office" fan (both BBC and NBC versions), and I can't wait to dive into this next Gervais-Merchant offering. :)

[quote name='zenintrude']anyone know of any deals on this? the best i've seen is $35 shipped at amazon.com, but i'm sure there must be a better price out there...[/QUOTE]

Better price than that? Are you havin' a laff? IS HE HAVIN' A LAFF?

(Sorry!) :D

I guess that giant sticky with BB CC target dvd deals for this week would be a huge ass clue.

34.99 at Best Buy.

I posted the ads earlier ---

anyone else hate that this set is just the three boxes boxed together?... why couldn't the do what they did with the Office complete series set?

[quote name='honzoh']You're about a month late. BB ran all their HBO tv shows at 60% off back in December. Picked up each season for $10.76[/QUOTE]

rather have it with the special in the series packaging, but good snag...

[quote name='tonyvortex']does this set include the christmas special from last month?[/quote]
Indeed.

If you are a completist, you might also want to look into getting the U.K. version of the xmas special since it had some stuff changed from the U.S. version.

- and ice2dragon, that still doesnt beat the amazon price that the OP asked for a better deal on. $35 shipped with no taxes.

[quote name='zenintrude']rather have it with the special in the series packaging, but good snag...[/quote]

you wanna pay 5 more bucks for an outside box around the boxes that are already out?

[quote name='DestroVega']you wanna pay 5 more bucks for an outside box around the boxes that are already out?[/QUOTE]

well, just doing simple math...

$11 - season 1 (sale)
$11 - season 2 (sale)
------------------
$22 - seasons 1&2 (sale)

$35 - complete series
$22 - seasons 1&2
------------------
$13 > ?

? - the price that you would want to pay for the series finale if you could find it sold separately from the boxed set, which i don't see being available yet. and even if you found it for, say, $10... i would still probably rather pay the extra $3 for the package and the simplicity of getting them together.

but, as i said before, nice snag mate...

I didn't realize this was about a package deal. My bad for bringing up the $11 purchase of the individual season. I loved the finale, so I would think if that's the only way to grab it, it's a good buy.

$35 seems a little steep, but at the same time, $11 a piece was a great bargin.

[quote name='zenintrude']well, just doing simple math...

$11 - season 1 (sale)
$11 - season 2 (sale)
------------------
$22 - seasons 1&2 (sale)

$35 - complete series
$22 - seasons 1&2
------------------
$13 > ?

? - the price that you would want to pay for the series finale if you could find it sold separately from the boxed set, which i don't see being available yet. and even if you found it for, say, $10... i would still probably rather pay the extra $3 for the package and the simplicity of getting them together.

but, as i said before, nice snag mate...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you're forgetting that it includes the 90 minute Christmas special in this bundle. Also noteworthy is that the Christmas special will not be available on its own until February 26th in the US. Check out more detailed info here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Extras-Extras-Special-Series-Finale/8781

This bundle is great news for those of us who waited until the entire series was out on DVD. That being said, I wanted to buy the DVDs as soon as they came out, but I'm being both a CAG cheapie and a frugal young father these days ;)

01-17-08 Additional:
Got the box set in yesterday. Both seasons are the original DVD disks and cases, and the finale/Christmas episode is in a slim case with no liner notes. The slipcase itself has its opening on the left side and is all cardboard. Overall, a nice, tight package, and a really good deal overall.

bread's done
Back