EyePet , " it is ok to play with your monkey!"

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Seems pricey to me...

Does this game really have enough features to merit $40 standalone?[/QUOTE]

That seems to fall in line with their pricing schemes. Lowest "full games" at $39.99 and new PSN titles going for $14.99. Think we'll just have to get used to those prices.

VG247 has an unboxing images + some game play footage.

>>>Guess I should add that it might be a "spoiler"... its the 1st 15 minutes of the game in the video.

eyepet3.jpg

Poor little guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3n9mVOteNM

Trophy list via thesixthaxis:

Bronze

Hello World
Help your pet take their first look around

Songbird
Teach your pet 25 different songs

Green Paws
Fill your garden with different flowers

Gourmet Pet Food
Unlock every type of cookie

Shopaholic
Download 1 free item from the EyePet store

Style Icon
Give your pet 10 new looks

One Good Day
Pass a Pet Report

Pet Panic
Wake with a fright then stroke your pet back to sleep in 40s

Pet Artiste
Teach your pet 50 drawings

12-Wheeler
Create a model car with at least 6 pairs of wheels and beep the horn

Flying Saucer
Make a model plane that’s only a wing and made of metal and fly it into space with your pet dressed appropriately

Stunt Pilot
Break 140 mph in a model plane without smashing into the ground

Speed Wash
Wash your pet in under 60s

Silver

Day 1 Mastered
Complete all Day 1 challenges at gold level

Day 2 Mastered
Complete all Day 2 challenges at gold level

Day 3 Mastered
Complete all Day 3 challenges at gold level

Day 4 Mastered
Complete all Day 4 challenges at gold level

Day 5 Mastered
Complete all Day 5 challenges at gold level

Day 6 Mastered
Complete all Day 6 challenges at gold level

Day 7 Mastered
Complete all Day 7 challenges at gold level

Day 8 Mastered
Complete all Day 8 challenges at gold level

Day 9 Mastered
Complete all Day 9 challenges at gold level

Day 10 Mastered
Complete all Day 10 challenges at gold level

Day 11 Mastered
Complete all Day 11 challenges at gold level

Day 12 Mastered
Complete all Day 12 challenges at gold level

Day 13 Mastered
Complete all Day 13 challenges at gold level

Day 14 Mastered
Complete all Day 14 challenges at gold level

Day 15 Mastered
Complete all Day 15 challenges at gold level

Excellent Owner
Pass 20 Pet Reports

Fish Fascination
Fill your aquarium with every type of fish

Solid Silver
Complete every challenge at silver level or higher

Gold

Best Friends
Stroke your pet at least 30s a day for 5 days in a row

Prize Bonanza
Unlock every prize

Gold Rush
Complete every challenge at gold level

Platinum

Platinum Pet
Unlock all other trophies

No secret trophies, totalling to a nice 35 trophies.

There are 2 things preventing me from pulling the trigger on this:

1) It's disc based. That means I have to put the disc in everytimg it neds to be used. That thing is going to starve to death. If it were on the PSN- i'd buy it in a heart beat and let my wife play with it.

2) I already have cats. (Now I just need to teach them how to fly the little airplanes I draw)

Wonder if EyePet will support custom soundtrack via XMB like Singstar does? At least a third of the charm of these videos comes from the background music playing in my opinion. :D

I like the box it comes in. 60 bucks for a 20 dollar camera and a game doesn't sound too bad.

So... Does this mean they are going to bundle the motion controller into this to make it even more appealing to non-gamers?

I noticed that Apple's using the song from EyePet's E3 trailer for their latest iPhone commercial, which seemed out of place because I associate that song with EyePet now.

[quote name='NamPaehc']So... Does this mean they are going to bundle the motion controller into this to make it even more appealing to non-gamers?[/QUOTE]

The motion controller has nothing to do with this.

I'm sad about the delay :(

[quote name='Scorch']The motion controller has nothing to do with this.

I'm sad about the delay :([/QUOTE]

I know you are haha... Just I'm not sure what the strategic move is here. Since this and the controller might come out the same time I thought it might be some kind of move to position both closer together. Remember you need the PSEye for the controller to work. I thought Sony might have been trying to piggy back the two pieces of hardware and slipping in some sofeware titles that are "family friendly".

It is launching in Europe as planned right? Is it really that they don't think they ran enough PR to hype this up enough in the US? Wonder if there is a camera shortage or something... no clue here lol!

Is the trophy list for the game leaked yet? This is one of the game i think i can earn trophies w/o even playing, the kids can do all the work, hahahaha....

^ ah, i knew it... i remember reading it :lol:

Thanks NamPaehc :)

Easy Platinum in 30 days!

Edit, oh wait, that trophy was 30 times a day for 5 consecutive days. So that means you can get Platinum with 5 days, not 30 days....

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Any update on this? Just got my PS3 and my 3 year old would go nuts for this.[/QUOTE]

No nothing lately that I have seen. Gamestop has his down as 11/10 though *shutters*. Guess they want to get that holiday season AFTER all, just a year later lol.

[quote name='chakan']They are losing so much money by not releasing this for Christmas.[/QUOTE]
No kidding.

I guess I can always import this if I really want to play it.

Maybe they will make a few changes for the US release, although I doubt it.

My 3 year old daughter would really enjoy this as well. It's something I would have paid full price for because of Christmas. Now I guess I'll be waiting for a price drop.

I'm very disappointed they haven't supported the "Eye" at all. I've purchased all the downloadable games for this thing and I have money just waiting for something new. I guess Sony just doesn't like money.

Well they just patched over seas I think so they are supporting it.

I think perhaps Sony pulled this to work out their bundle plans. The "sphere" was announced, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried working support into the title. Another easy way to bring in new gamers who might still not grasp the camera controls? Just a guess.

[quote name='bmulligan']What's the sphere? Is that a new name for the Wand?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have an official name, far as I know. But PS Sphere was one floating out there for the "wand".

So I am in Italy for a vacation and saw eye pet for sale and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is going to have any changes to it for when it comes out in the US or will it basically be the same game. If I get an international copy of it and then there are updates or DLC for the US version, can I get those updates or DLC, or am I out of luck? I know I could wait until March or whenever, but if it will be the same game, I kind of want to get it. It looks stupid and fun at the same time.

Thanks

[quote name='gsgtpepper']So I am in Italy for a vacation and saw eye pet for sale and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is going to have any changes to it for when it comes out in the US or will it basically be the same game. If I get an international copy of it and then there are updates or DLC for the US version, can I get those updates or DLC, or am I out of luck? I know I could wait until March or whenever, but if it will be the same game, I kind of want to get it. It looks stupid and fun at the same time.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

We don't know if there will be any changes, sorry.

If there is DLC it'll have to be for the same version you have. So DLC in US won't work for anything but that version. But that doesn't mean that there won't be DLC/updates for all copies.

The US version HAD a release date... But slipped off into a void of nothingness since then. :(

I have the game now.. I messed around with it a bit, it's pretty interesting. I had some friends over and they decided that when it said "Draw an airplane!", the game really meant "draw an image of a stick figure getting head from a busty chick", so they did that. Now, when sitting idly, my monkey pulls out a crayon and draws it. It's pretty funny.

Haven't played the game in weeks, though.

New eyepet dev video. Covers the new psmove features which they delayed the game for in the US.

A little sad to see they didn't quite make their goal (using only movements to interact with the game), but I guess the technology isn't quite there yet (Natal might be??). Though it is cool that the precise movements can be done via the move equipment.

bread's done
Back