F.E.A.R. 2 (PC) $23.99 at Amazon ($21.59 w/ ECA discount)

jtdragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Found this while searching Amazon to see if they would match Gamestop's deals on the console versions. Just wondering if I should pull the trigger on this since I was hoping for better graphics on PC but from the reviews I've briefly glanced at, it sounds like a console port. Any thoughts?

[quote name='vherub']there is a 3rd party seller with 100% feedback listing it for a few dollars less total.[/QUOTE]

Yup, looks good. Be sure to buy this game new. It needs to be activated via STEAM. Even retail copies so if it's used it may already have been activated by a previous owner.

Well, if you're not planning on purchasing anything else, you could always get it via Newegg for the same $23.99 price, but with free shipping:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832777004

With Amazon, I know you need to spend $25 or more for free shipping. As for if it's worth it, well...I've heard it's not as good as the first game. It's decent, but nothing great. I'm probably also going to wait for it to be either 75% off via Steam (since you need to activate the retail version through Steam anyways, it's the same thing), or wait until it's $15 or less at Newegg or through another site or store.

[quote name='NutManIV']WARNING: Fear 2 requires you register your key with Steam. It's really some amazing BS.[/QUOTE]

Eh... not really a big deal. Steam is flexible enough for DRM... it's probably the only form of DRM that I don't mind.

[quote name='NutManIV']WARNING: Fear 2 requires you register your key with Steam. It's really some amazing BS.
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's *too* big a deal. Steam is a pretty solid system now, and this game is actually a lot of fun to boot.

[quote name='NutManIV']WARNING: Fear 2 requires you register your key with Steam. It's really some amazing BS.[/QUOTE]

It's only BS if you're a software pirate.

[quote name='saturnotaku']It's only BS if you're a software pirate.[/QUOTE]
Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance... Software pirates get the pirated version which has the DRM removed. DRM only hurts paying customers.

[quote name='qqq123']Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance... Software pirates get the pirated version which has the DRM removed. DRM only hurts paying customers.[/QUOTE]

Well said :applause:

After activating it through STEAM, would you be able to play it offline without having to connect to STEAM? I heard that even the single mode has to be connected to STEAM in order to play so if you are on the go, tough luck, is this true?

[quote name='mhnajjar']After activating it through STEAM, would you be able to play it offline without having to connect to STEAM? I heard that even the single mode has to be connected to STEAM in order to play so if you are on the go, tough luck, is this true?
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Anyone know this answer? Before I purchase.

bread's done
Back