F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin preorder Best Buy $10 back

[quote name='shrike4242']150 RZ points isn't a $10 RZ cert, it's 3/5 of the way to a $5 RZ cert. It's 250 RZ points / $5 RZ cert.[/quote]

I believe that the 250 point/$5 certificate is for the regular reward zone. The gamers club has a lower threshhold for certificates but only game purchases count towards the lower threshold.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I believe that the 250 point/$5 certificate is for the regular reward zone. The gamers club has a lower threshhold for certificates but only game purchases count towards the lower threshold.[/QUOTE]

Is RZ free? I'd like to get on that.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I believe that the 250 point/$5 certificate is for the regular reward zone. The gamers club has a lower threshhold for certificates but only game purchases count towards the lower threshold.[/quote]That's correct, it's $150 spent on gaming, get a $10 RZ cert. On the Gamer's Club site, it doesn't show anything for this pre-order offer.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Is RZ free? I'd like to get on that.[/quote]It's free, yes. Signup kits are in-store.

[quote name='jdm_cHiGGa']read the title?[/quote]
Originally Best Buy was not in the title and that caused the confusion.

How do you get to the deal? I am part of the gamers club, but I don't see it on the site. Do I have to go to the regular Best Buy site first?

[quote name='no_exit']Originally Best Buy was not in the title and that caused the confusion.[/quote]
Best Buy was always in title.

I seen it today, at a bestbuy store. They had empty cases out in the videogame section, that you can use to pre-order it. The deal was written on the case.
I just looked online, Fear 2 is not on their website for pre-order.

Once you have a rewards zone card. Go to the rewards website. In the community and clubs tab, there a gamers club which you can enroll in. Its $10 certificate for every 150. I gotten credit for games and strategy guides. So you might also get credit for accessories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well join, I've been using Best Buy alot more than Amazon lately.

If I do this, I get basically $10 free to use at Best Buy & able to cancel my preorder the day after? I have no interest in F.E.A.R, thats why I'm asking.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Might as well join, I've been using Best Buy alot more than Amazon lately.

If I do this, I get basically $10 free to use at Best Buy & able to cancel my preorder the day after? I have no interest in F.E.A.R, thats why I'm asking.[/quote]

You certificate stays pending for 30 days after it is issued. If you cancel the preorder, the certificate will go away.

As long as you don't actually have to buy the game, you can just keep the pre-order and not buy the game. You'll essentially only be making $5 instead of $10, but it's still better than nothing.

[quote name='Rockgamer']As long as you don't actually have to buy the game, you can just keep the pre-order and not buy the game. You'll essentially only be making $5 instead of $10, but it's still better than nothing.[/quote]

Seems like a lot of work for $5

[quote name='dmljr']Best Buy was always in title.[/quote]

Incorrect, Best Buy was not originally in the title, the title has been edited. You just had Fear 2 Project Origin preorder bonus and then for the message you had "they are giving 150 gamer club points forpreordering F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. 150 gamer club points = $10off certificate" which prompted my question of who is they and the next person to post asking for clarification.

I work at Best Buy and I swear that they give you 250 gamers club points. At least that is what our preorder boxes say.

I was just at BB today, and the box does indeed say 250 points, which would get you a $10 certificate and put you 2/3 of the way to another one. Not a bad deal at all for $5, but hopefully it's not contingent on you actually buying the game.

bread's done
Back