F.E.A.R. 3 $4.99 @ GameFly.com (activates on steam)

[quote name='Bosamba']Good find, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

thank now would u mind buying a copy for me? and i'll paypal you the money

damn thing is region restricted :hot:

Blarg I'd love to get in on this but unfortunately GameFly doesn't allow you to manually remove credit card information without contacting / calling their support (you can only change to a valid CC). Too bad they don't accept PayPal either.

Do I have to be Gamefly member paying a monthly $5.95 to be able to buy F.E.A.R. 3 at this price? Or could I just create an account and buy without signing up for their service?

[quote name='The End']Do I have to be Gamefly member paying a monthly $5.95 to be able to buy F.E.A.R. 3 at this price? Or could I just create an account and buy without signing up for their service?[/QUOTE]

it should be 4.99 if your a member or not. You have to pay for shipping, though since this is digital there's no shipping I think. There shouldn't be anyways.

Seriously, you guys said this would be on steam? I bought it and now I have a new client on my computer that makes origin look like steam. This was definitely not worth any amount of money. :cry:

I was so happy when I bought since $5 is a great price.

Went to redeem on Steam and said I had already bought it. Didn't even remember I bought the FEAR pack a while back.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Blarg I'd love to get in on this but unfortunately GameFly doesn't allow you to manually remove credit card information without contacting / calling their support (you can only change to a valid CC). Too bad they don't accept PayPal either.[/QUOTE]

You can't call them?

[quote name='david69']You can't call them?[/QUOTE]

The point is not having to hassle with calling them but rather have the option to easily remove payment information on the site yourself.

Was going to wait for it to eventually go on sale on steam, but then I saw that it activated on steam anyways, so I pulled the trigger. I enjoyed both of the previous games, so I expect it will be pretty good.

The only aspect of this series that I have been disappointed with have been the expansion packs, especially FEAR 2 Reborn which I thought was incredibly linear and looked like not much thought or effort had been put into it.

I have not played any of the previous installments, but this game looks really scary and appears to be at an excellent price point.

Will I be missing out if I jump right into this game without playing through the previous games first?

[quote name='DoubleJG']I have not played any of the previous installments, but this game looks really scary and appears to be at an excellent price point.

Will I be missing out if I jump right into this game without playing through the previous games first?[/QUOTE]

The only thing scary about FEAR 3 is the fact that the franchise is straying farther and farther from the atmosphere in the first game--which was amazing and one of my all-time favorite single player FPS'. It's also incredibly short if you are in it for the campaign only. If you have a friend to play co-op, it's fun. Playing single player only? Generic FPS #1,023. Play the first game first and the 2nd is okay.

Is anyone else having issues logging into Gamefly after only having a Direct2Drive account? I thought it was supposed to carry over, the account from D2D... I haven't used it, and I have no need for Gamefly with a ginormous backlog, so I don't have an account. I want to retrieve it, but the password reset isn't initiating the PW reset email it refers to. I only have 4 games on D2D (had, have, whatever), but I don't wanna make a second account.

bread's done
Back