F-Zero Z For Wii

prisonerac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Edit: Nevermind apparently an April Fool's Joke from some German blog or whatever. Man I hate April Fool's jokes because they start and end way after the 1st. Sorry. :(

What happened to F-Zero Y?

Anyway, I might be interested in this. Maybe. I was frustrated to no end with GX until I realized that Story Mode is worthless and impossible even on the easiest level, so I just did normal races on the tracks.

I'd really prefer to see a more realistic racing game, though. F-Zero has an incredible sense of speed, unlike Mario Kart, but I really wish there was something like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport for the Wii. There's no technical reason it can't be done, I guess developers just don't feel like it's worth it. That seems the case with a lot of genres of games on the Wii...

Please, Nintendo.

They could adjust the controls and physics a bit but use the same Wii wheel style controls that they're using for Mario Kart. I would consider buying one or two more of those just because they wouldn't be using it for only one game.

Not sure if this is real. But if it is, this would be so awesome. F-Zero on the SNES is one of my favorite games of all time.

[quote name='astromanluca']What happened to F-Zero Y?

Anyway, I might be interested in this. Maybe. I was frustrated to no end with GX until I realized that Story Mode is worthless and impossible even on the easiest level, so I just did normal races on the tracks.[/quote]
I HATE GX Story mode... maybe I should try normal races.

Please be real... I like F-Zero.

What happened to F-Zero Y?

Think about the jokes. And "Y" is such a 'weak' letter.

I have nothing derisive or provocative to say about this series.

[quote name='jollydwarf']What happened to F-Zero Y?

Think about the jokes. And "Y" is such a 'weak' letter.

I have nothing derisive or provocative to say about this series.[/quote]
Reverse psychology gets you nowhere. But it is a nice change of pace.

Reverse psychology gets you nowhere. But it is a nice change of pace.

No, really! I have nothing bad to say about the F-Zero series! Don't believe me, then! Fine!

[quote name='astromanluca']What happened to F-Zero Y?

Anyway, I might be interested in this. Maybe. I was frustrated to no end with GX until I realized that Story Mode is worthless and impossible even on the easiest level, so I just did normal races on the tracks.

I'd really prefer to see a more realistic racing game, though. F-Zero has an incredible sense of speed, unlike Mario Kart, but I really wish there was something like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport for the Wii. There's no technical reason it can't be done, I guess developers just don't feel like it's worth it. That seems the case with a lot of genres of games on the Wii...[/QUOTE]
You ain't never lying. That freakin' game is so hard. I hated it!

[quote name='prisonerac']Is this what I think it is? Oh please let it be true.

F-Zero-Z-kommt-f-r-Nintendo-Wii-1.gif

http://www.planet-nintendo.de/?news=19164&name=F-Zero_Z_kommt_fuer_Nintendo_Wii

Translated:

“An official successor to F-Zero GX appears on the Nintendo Wii. F-Zero Z, is the title of the futures Racers will be all lines of the GameCube predecessor, and include an online mode. A weapon system was also confirmed. At this E3, the title of Big N are presented …”[/QUOTE]

A weapon system? I dunno about that . . . I like F-Zero for its sense of speed and the overall fragile feeling of your crafts. Maybe if the weapon system is tied into your shield and boosts? Or would that just result in slower races?

Nor is it Mario Kart.

Man, this just makes me want a real racer even more. What do Wii owners get? GT Pro Series. Ubisoft comes along, dumps ass all over an already terrible old game, and now game developers think Wii owners don't want "serious" racing games (or any serious games at all, apparently). So none get made, and that means they think there's no market, so they don't make any, and the few times a game does get made, it sucks and so doesn't sell well. And thus the cycle of cruddy Wii games continues.

Getting back to the original point, though, F-Zero Z should at least be okay. It's not what I'm looking for in a racing game, but it's likely I won't have any other options.

[quote name='astromanluca']Man, this just makes me want a real racer even more. What do Wii owners get?[/quote]
Indianapolis 500 Legends?
Ferrari Challenge?

(Don't know if either of these games are good, but I'm just throwing out some titles)

I'm kinda keeping an eye on Speed Racer as a WipeOut/Rollcage-style racer. I agree, though, that the selection of Wii racing games is rather slim so far.

--R.J.

[quote name='astromanluca']Man, this just makes me want a real racer even more. What do Wii owners get? GT Pro Series. Ubisoft comes along, dumps ass all over an already terrible old game, and now game developers think Wii owners don't want "serious" racing games (or any serious games at all, apparently)[/QUOTE]
The closest thing to a simulation or more realistic racing game on Wii is Need for Speed. I hear its an okay game, probably just a PS2 port. Don't expect anything in the league of Forza/GT/PGR to come out. The whole point of the Wii is that it offers a simpler way to play. Simpler also means less precision so no racing sims. I say enjoy the racing games that do come out. Who cares if they involve go karts with questionable red shell physics or exciting trucks doing flips and spins. Its extreme to the max! Let's all get some mountain dew and get amped up for F-Zero Z.

[quote name='rapsodist']That logo's fake, right? That Z looks like it came from some energy drink can. :lol:[/quote]

maybe Nintendo didn't want to make their own Z

I was thinknig it would come out next year, why two racing games in one year.

Still hoping for Kirby!

And Weapons suck, NO WEAPONS.

Well I used altavista babel fish and it said it was just some lame April Fool's joke. Updated thread, don't know how to lock. Sorry. :(

Its real. The confirmed gameplay is you point the cursor at the beginning of the race to the finishing line of the map. Then you click on what place you want and it runs automatically. You just waggle for special effects.

bread's done
Back