F1 Discount

Nijuro

CAG Veteran
Oh man, I ordered two whole games from this place:

http://f1discount.com/index.php

It didn't occur to me to do some research on them until after that and I've found other people, namely right here, who are feeling just as wary.

To sum up for those who don't already know, F1 just opened earlier this month and sells video games for "up to 80%" off "for the holiday season" and isn't charging to ship "for a limited time". Too good too be true? We'll find out when our stuff gets here or not.

If you've already been duped or pleased by their service, please let us know about it in this thread.

Like I said in my other post, when you google the address of the website owner he lives in a trailer park in Dallas. He might be taking peoples paypal money for a month or two, and then closing down shop. I tried placing a one dollar order (they sell cables for the PS3 for 99 cents) and my order wast he #203. So assuming there is 203 orders, maybe this guy has already made a small fortune with this site. I didn't even complete the one dollar paypal payment yet, I might later. I emailed the customer service via the contact form and they haven't responded yet. I'd really like to know it f1Discount.com is the real deal or not, cause they have a lot of good prices.

[quote name='stormjackson']Like I said in my other post, when you google the address of the website owner he lives in a trailer park in Dallas. He might be taking peoples paypal money for a month or two, and then closing down shop. I tried placing a one dollar order (they sell cables for the PS3 for 99 cents) and my order wast he #203. So assuming there is 203 orders, maybe this guy has already made a small fortune with this site. I didn't even complete the one dollar paypal payment yet, I might later. I emailed the customer service via the contact form and they haven't responded yet. I'd really like to know it f1Discount.com is the real deal or not, cause they have a lot of good prices.[/QUOTE]

as i posted in the other thread, i too am waiting to hear back from the people that placed orders. There new prices are insanely cheap, offering like $12-14 dollars off new releases.

I also sent an email to the contact at the bottom of the page, but on the third day today, and still no response, not looking good.

God, the prices at F1discount are so good, that I wanted to order some PS3 games. But they don't look to legit. I sent an email yesterday, and they didn't respond to it all day. And now that I'm hearing yours hasn't been responded to after 3 days, I doubt this guy is going to reply back to anyone.

You know it could be because he is having a hard time with fulfilling orders, but it could also be due to the fact that he isn't legit. To the people who ordered from F1discount.com , did any of you get a tracking number or shipping confirmation emails? People from the other thread have orders placed so I was wondering about that.

This place has such good prices I was also going to order some gifts for Christmas on top of games for me too. But right now I'm waiting to see what happens to the orders placed by you guys.

[quote name='stormjackson']God, the prices at F1discount are so good, that I wanted to order some PS3 games. But they don't look to legit. I sent an email yesterday, and they didn't respond to it all day. And now that I'm hearing yours hasn't been responded to after 3 days, I doubt this guy is going to reply back to anyone.

You know it could be because he is having a hard time with fulfilling orders, but it could also be due to the fact that he isn't legit. To the people who ordered from F1discount.com , did any of you get a tracking number or shipping confirmation emails? People from the other thread have orders placed so I was wondering about that.

This place has such good prices I was also going to order some gifts for Christmas on top of games for me too. But right now I'm waiting to see what happens to the orders placed by you guys.[/QUOTE]

I paid for my items through PayPal with echecks which won't clear until about Novermber 2nd, it says. I'm told PayPal will reimburse me if my stuff doesn't get here. Details?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a lot of experience with paypal and I know unverified means that the person hasn't verified their address with a credit card. I think unregistered might mean something else. It almost sounds like they haven't even set up a paypal account, but I don't know how that could be. The business owner has obviously been accepting money since the website opened. I'm not ordering until I hear this site is legit. Hopefully with google searches more people will come here and let people know whats up with the F1discount.com site.

Lets hope they are legit. I was tempted to send some money via paypal yesterday, but I'm holding off until some people say their orders went through. On the site, they claim most orders are shipped out in 24 hours. So someone ordering could get their order in just a few days, if this is for real.

[quote name='Nijuro']Small update: I checked the transaction records for both games and it says beside "[email protected]". Is that the same as being unverified?[/QUOTE]

What does unregistered mean? Does that mean there's no such paypal account?

Ive also ordered yesterday. I have sent them 3 messages so far.. the only one he answered was the one I asked to confirm if the version of the game I was buying was in english. (The only msg that would lead to buying).

The other 2 were:
a)How can he show Final Fantasy XIII in stock
b)confirmation that my order really is shipping today .

Haven't gotten an answer for either. Btw cant remember if original post was about f1discount.com but I bought my game at 727-media.com which seems to be the same site.

Guess what guys this is a verifiable 100% scam. I placed an order on Saturday and received no response or contact. Yesterday my order was pending in my account. Now, all video games and accounts have been wiped from the website, go and see for yourself. If you try to log into your account at f1discount.com , your account has been deleted. This was a total scam!!! This guy got away with getting hundreds, probably thousands of dollars. I knew it was a scam because he lives in a freaking trailer park in Texas according to the whois report.

[quote name='stormjackson']Guess what guys this is a verifiable 100% scam. I placed an order on Saturday and received no response or contact. Yesterday my order was pending in my account. Now, all video games and accounts have been wiped from the website, go and see for yourself. If you try to log into your account at f1discount.com , your account has been deleted. This was a total scam!!! This guy got away with getting hundreds, probably thousands of dollars. I knew it was a scam because he lives in a freaking trailer park in Texas according to the whois report.[/QUOTE]

wow.... glad i didnt order. Do you have receipts or screenshots? If so, the whois report has his address. Call the police in his area. This guy will be pwned.

I made the mistake of ordering from there a few days ago and filed a PayPal dispute this morning, as I used PayPal as a gateway for payment to be safe. My dispute is still ongoing but I managed to log in to 727-media.com to check the item status out of curiosity and noticed this:

727mediapayment.jpg

Based on that, if one uses a debit card (connected to my checking) to pay through PayPal and the money is reversed, would it go straight back into my account at my bank or end up on PayPal? I'm thinking the former, as PayPal shows me at $0.00, but I just thought I should ask to make sure. :p

I did the same thing you did and got the same results. Im thinking paypal will hold on to those funds until they get to a conclusion on the case. At least we know the money is safe.

For anyone that ordered at F1. Did F1 take your money? if Yes did you have a PayPal Balance before you ordered or did they money come out of your bank account? Why I am asking is I ordered from F1 and my order just said pending PayPal. I just check my PayPal and there is nothing on there about F1...

I'm amazed people are stupid enough to still fall for crap like this. A no name site pops up and offers pricing that beats every major retailer who buys their items in bulk and therefore gets a discount off the cost of items? If they had a discount on 1-2 items as an attention getter it would be one thing but prices that low for ALL items is always a scam.

I just came here to confirm that my echecks had cleared, too. And go see what shows up on the F1discount site now, guys:

This Web site coming soon

screenshot20091029at121.jpg

I feel like that guy right there.

EDIT: still had the option to cancel the orders in my PP account. Full refund. Best of luck to those filing disputes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brian9824']I'm amazed people are stupid enough to still fall for crap like this. A no name site pops up and offers pricing that beats every major retailer who buys their items in bulk and therefore gets a discount off the cost of items? If they had a discount on 1-2 items as an attention getter it would be one thing but prices that low for ALL items is always a scam.[/QUOTE]

Confident to say so after the fact, aren't you.

[quote name='Nijuro']Confident to say so after the fact, aren't you.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's pretty much exactly what we were saying all the way back when this site first came up in the thread you link in the OP.

[quote name='Nijuro']Confident to say so after the fact, aren't you.[/QUOTE]

Yes I am. Especially as I knew not to give them any money as it was a scam. It's really common sense. How can a no name site that just started beat the prices from every major retailer for every item? They would be losing money so fast.

It's simple logic. If it sounds to good to be true it usuall is.

Heres a little basic business lesson for you btw.

Every store pays the EXACT same cost for a game. Aka a $60 game a store might pay $45 for instance no matter if they are bestbuy, walmart, etc. Now off that $45 store chains can negotiate a discount in part based on a games popularity, likelyhood to sell, and quantity they purchase. So if they buy more copies they can get each copy for less money.

Thats the main reason mom and pop stores have a problem beating the prices of big corporations. They ALWAYS pay more then stores like bestbuy because they won't get a volume discount on their merchandise.

So when you see a brand new website beating everyone's pricing it makes no sense as that website would be selling items at a loss and its not sustainable. Typically a new site will offer stuff like x amount of items at a discount, or have 1-2 high profile games being sold at or below cost as an attention getter and as a way to drum up customers.

[quote name='Brian9824']Heres a little basic business lesson for you btw.

Every store pays the EXACT same cost for a game. Aka a $60 game a store might pay $45 for instance no matter if they are bestbuy, walmart, etc. Now off that $45 store chains can negotiate a discount in part based on a games popularity, likelyhood to sell, and quantity they purchase. So if they buy more copies they can get each copy for less money.

Thats the main reason mom and pop stores have a problem beating the prices of big corporations. They ALWAYS pay more then stores like bestbuy because they won't get a volume discount on their merchandise.

So when you see a brand new website beating everyone's pricing it makes no sense as that website would be selling items at a loss and its not sustainable. Typically a new site will offer stuff like x amount of items at a discount, or have 1-2 high profile games being sold at or below cost as an attention getter and as a way to drum up customers.[/QUOTE]

thATS not always true. a person/store could be selling stolen or mis-shipped stock. i knew a few ebay sellers and stores just like this that opened up with a bunch of games out of the blue, selling them for prices $20 lower then the msrp.

second, even if it was stolen, could be the case of mis-shipped goods. I once ordered one pair of headphones, and i received a whole case. thats probably not the case here b/c of the wide selection though.

If it was stolen or found, as long as the seller is shipping it out, its legit. The morality question of whether or not you should or should not buy stolen merchandise arises, but i would buy it. I assume it wasnt stolen, as would any buyer.

But yes, dont jump to conclusions on little sites cant beat big retailers. Its not always true

[quote name='FatMan4']For anyone that ordered at F1. Did F1 take your money? if Yes did you have a PayPal Balance before you ordered or did they money come out of your bank account? Why I am asking is I ordered from F1 and my order just said pending PayPal. I just check my PayPal and there is nothing on there about F1...[/QUOTE]
Bump... Can I get an answer plz. No spam...

[quote name='the_grimace']thATS not always true. a person/store could be selling stolen or mis-shipped stock. i knew a few ebay sellers and stores just like this that opened up with a bunch of games out of the blue, selling them for prices $20 lower then the msrp.

second, even if it was stolen, could be the case of mis-shipped goods. I once ordered one pair of headphones, and i received a whole case. thats probably not the case here b/c of the wide selection though.

If it was stolen or found, as long as the seller is shipping it out, its legit. The morality question of whether or not you should or should not buy stolen merchandise arises, but i would buy it. I assume it wasnt stolen, as would any buyer.

But yes, dont jump to conclusions on little sites cant beat big retailers. Its not always true[/QUOTE]

Umm thats some of the most incorrect information I have ever read. Selling items you know are stolen is illegal as is selling items you recieved by accident that didn't belong to you.

Also buying items you have a suspicion of being stolen is just plain stupid. The police can legally confiscate any item you bought and paid for if it was stolen with no compensation, its up to buyer to attempt to get the money back.

[quote name='kalmeq']is 727-media.com the same business?[/QUOTE]

My magic 8-ball says who knows - although once again a no name site that has prices that beat every major retailer is about as suspicous as it gets.

I've come across this forum looking for another link into the website since I went to check if my order was finally shipped or not. I had my hopes up on getting the game I ordered from there. I really don't want to automatically assume that the site is some kind of smuggler... I wish there is some sort of answer to all of this.

[quote name='Octopusball']I really don't want to automatically assume that the site is some kind of smuggler...[/QUOTE]

Smuggler? No, smuggling is probably the one thing that you couldn't accuse this site of doing based on the evidence.

bread's done
Back