Fable 2 CE changing contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know this is not a deal, but it's for people who already bough the Fable 2 CE for 66 buck awhile back via amazon.com. But MS released a press released as follows in the bottom. I'm thinking of changing my CE purchase now to the regular version as they removed more contents that was initally advertised. A warning to CAGers, who still have it pre-ordered.

[quote name='lionhead studios']

We are happy to announce the Fable II game is in manufacturing and confirmed for Oct-21 in North America and Asia, Oct-24 for Europe.

However, due to supply chain issues, we are revising the Fable II Limited Collector’s Edition and the estimated retail price will be reduced from $79.99 to $69.99* USD in North America or as applicable in your market. *These are estimated retail prices; actual retail prices may vary worldwide.

The premium box, five printed fate cards, and Hobbe figure will not be available as part of the Limited Collector’s Edition. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The Fable II Limited Collector’s Edition will now include the following content at this discounted price:

* Fable II game disc
* Bonus DVD with new ‘Making-of’ Feature
* Bonus in-game content (requires Xbox LIVE®)
o ‘The Hall of the Dead’ Dungeon
o ‘The Wreckager’ Legendary Cutlass Weapon
o Spartan armor and energy sword

To further show our commitment to the faithful fans, we have created a special Fable album for free download for a limited time! This includes a wonderful selection of Fable 1 music and 3 brand new tracks from the upcoming Fable II soundtrack.

Go to http://www.sumthingdigital.com, and enter “FableCollection” promotion code. This will be available beginning October 6, 2008 @ 9am PST.
[/quote]

I really haven't been keeping up with this, but has there been a "super" Fable edition, or is it just this one LE? Meaning that they pussed out on making the box, fate cards, and figure.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I really haven't been keeping up with this, but has there been a "super" Fable edition, or is it just this one LE? Meaning that they pussed out on making the box, fate cards, and figure.[/QUOTE]

The One LE, and yeah, they literally are gutting the CE and taking out fate cards, figurines, etc.

Edit: Seems from reading it, the Tin Box is not included either?? Well that just may seal my cancelling of this.

What???!!!! This is outrageous. They couldn't even get the premium box together? What the hell is the point of even selling a LE if there is no differentiated box?

Wow, Peter screwed the pooch on delivery again. I loved Fable because I didn't follow the hype. But later read about all the things that were promised but not delivered.
Is this the first sign of a repeated fate?

I know of several other developers that lost huge fan base in the last couple of years for that same thing.
With todays competition for the latest and greatest games, you can't screw with the consumer as much as you could a few years ago.

I was only getting it for the hobbe figurine really. I'll wait for a little while and see if Amazon does anything special, but more than likely I'll just change to the regular version with the $10 gift card.

That is SMURFING AWESOME! Cheaper, and with less crap that I could give a flying eff about! All I wanted was the Midevil Master Chief & bonus online content anyways....

I will keep my LE pre-order mainly because of the extra game content. It's only $10 more then the regular version now, and while that game content will most likely be available to everyone soon after release, it will most likely cost you atleast $10 to download.

Still think Peter just took a lesson from Brad McQuaid though.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']That is SMURFING AWESOME! Cheaper, and with less crap that I could give a flying eff about! All I wanted was the Midevil Master Chief & bonus online content anyways....[/QUOTE]

Good for you. It looks like you get to pay $10 above the standard edition price for that content which will undoubtedly be free or much cheaper down the road. This is seriously disappointing. I pre-ordered this months ago because I like premium cases and little promo items. Downloadable content is valueless in my opinion.

Looks like Amazon have already updated the description to remove that stuff.

I'm gonna switch my order over to the regular edition and get the $10 GC.

Only a Fable game could over promise and under deliver before the game is released. Nice of them to drop the price by $10 and then take out everything worth paying for. $10 for a making of DVD and DLC they've been advertising for months and should be in the game? Uh, no.

Well I'll be sticking with my LE order on Amazon for now because it's only $6 more than the regular edition (I pre-ordered when it was $66.99 with free release day shipping). I'm also going to wait and see what Amazon does in reaction to this.

I mainly was getting it for the in game content and didnt really care for the other things, I have more than enough CE figures so I am essentially just saving $10! haha awesome, great for me, but still is pretty crappy to change it on us, and yea a CE box should at least be part of it.

[quote name='bojay1997']Good for you. It looks like you get to pay $10 above the standard edition price for that content which will undoubtedly be free or much cheaper down the road. This is seriously disappointing. I pre-ordered this months ago because I like premium cases and little promo items. Downloadable content is valueless in my opinion.[/quote]

Well, if you'd just decided not to be an asshole, maybe your opinion would matter more to me.

Huh. So that must be why the LE has been taken off GameStop's site since a couple weeks ago. Everyone thought it was sold out.

Definitely sucks, but since I paid $66 for it, I might as well keep it for the in-game content. Maybe I'll cancel it, though. Still not decided. I wonder if the bonus in-game content will be available for a fee on XBL after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back