Fable 2 LE $60 ($57 w/coupon) @ Buy.com + Free Ship

thanks, purchased. i had this reserved at gamestop but its $76 after tax. buy.com cost me 61.98 after tax.

i wont be able to play it this week anyway, have a licensing exam coming up saturday.

anyone know if buy.com ships well? id hate for this nice metal box to get bent, id have to swap it at best buy >=]

Do we know exactly what the Fable 2 LE case is? Is is a Gears of War sized tin or a Mass Effect sized tin? Or a steelbook? I'm just hoping if it's not a steelbook that it's big enough for a normal case inside.

The LE no longer has a special tin or steelbook. It is a normal green 360 plastic case with different artwork than the regular edition, and it has one of those cardboard slipcovers, like many dvds come with now.

Edit: Also in case ya'll didn't know, the LE had a lot of content cut from it. It now only has a "making of" dvd and some bonus DLC, but I've not seen any mention on any sites of what that DLC is or will be. Originally it was to have a tin case, art cards, a soundtrack, and a figurine but they were all axed.

Got my copy from Amazon with release day shipping. So Fable 2 better be on my doorstep Tuesday or someone going to die. But Buy.com and amazon both ship very well. But it all comes down to if you want to pay tax. With amazon you don't and w/Buy.com I forgot but I think they charge tax.

I ordered this with free Shipping even though I already cancelled my amazon order when they f'd up the LE, but $56.99 is too good to pass on.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']The LE no longer has a special tin or steelbook. It is a normal green 360 plastic case with different artwork than the regular edition, and it has one of those cardboard slipcovers, like many dvds come with now.

Edit: Also in case ya'll didn't know, the LE had a lot of content cut from it. It now only has a "making of" dvd and some bonus DLC, but I've not seen any mention on any sites of what that DLC is or will be. Originally it was to have a tin case, art cards, a soundtrack, and a figurine but they were all axed.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and preordered it. I'm actually glad they got rid of the tin as the way the Gears of War CE tin was done really pissed me off and I'd rather just have a normal case. I honestly wouldn't have even bothered with the CE in the case except for the extra DLC and the sub $60 price.

[quote name='Sandman1000']But it all comes down to if you want to pay tax. With amazon you don't and w/Buy.com I forgot but I think they charge tax.[/quote]

Actually if you're lucky enough to live in Tax State USA (c) [NY] - they do now :bomb:

Limited Collector's Edition includes:
Bonus DVD - Includes new 'Making-of Feature' with Peter Molyneux and the team at Lionhead Studios and art gallery
Bonus In-Game Content (Requires LIVE account) - Includes "The Hall of the Dead" Dungeon, "The Wreckager" Legendary Cutlass Weapon and Spartan armor and energy sword
48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold Trial Card - With Xbox LIVE Gold, players can show off their individual hero by inviting friends into their unique version of Albion or they can visit their friends' Albion, and earn additional gold, experience and renown to take back into their own

Still a decent deal if you want to make Day 1 Purchase, I'll pass though. This would have been a no brainer if it was for the original LE that was planned.

great many thanks

[quote name='Scorpius']My order was canceled for no reason. Any ideas why?[/quote]Probably a pricing mistake, if I know Buy.com. :roll:

[quote name='Scorpius']Is there a number to call them? They aren't responding with the e-mail thing for customer service.[/quote]

You can try 1-800-800-0800 that is the number the page says to use to order by phone.

Damn, i was tempted to pull the trigger on this price, but learning that the LE is weak sauce, i'll pass. Thanks for the info though. The extra $10 is for a bonus dvd making and DLC, no tin, no figure, no artbook... Can they even call it a LE?

bit on the LE so thanks OP. I was planning on trying the TRU exchange but I have a feeling it's going to be darn near impossible to do that as alot of people are planning the same thing. The Pub Games unlock code will work as well as a nice add-on gift for the holidays.

Thanks everyone, turns out it's because my IP address is from Korea. Not only do they not ship to APO/FPO addresses but you can't even order from them apparently.

[quote name='The Long Haired Bard']So what's the deal with the Pub Games code? Is it emailed from Buy.com or is it like on a card inside of the Fable 2 case ala 1 month free cards?[/quote]

They may not even have the codes at this point, it does says while supplies last. Every other store either sent them via email or others had you go to a local store and pick them up.

Some people claim they do come with the game but I have not seen anyone say how that works. They could just mean the pub games are built into the main game which they probably would be.

I think the deal might be dead. When I try to put in my cart it goes back to regular price. Does this happen to everyone else?

Thanks for the link. Just ordered the LE for $56.99. I was gonna buy the game in-store in a week or two for full price, so I might as well get the LE for a few bucks less right?

[quote name='Josef368']I think the deal might be dead. When I try to put in my cart it goes back to regular price. Does this happen to everyone else?[/quote]

It works for me. I just got the LE for 56.99 with 7-9 day shipping.

I went ahead and got the LE for $2 more than the regular! I already bought the LE from bestbuy but I'll just return the one I get from buy and save $11. Thanks Cag!

So what's the replayability of this title. I'm tempted. I was just going to GF it... the LE extras don't seem that compelling, but if the replay value is there, I'll buy.

[quote name='Sandman1000']Got my copy from Amazon with release day shipping. So Fable 2 better be on my doorstep Tuesday or someone going to die. But Buy.com and amazon both ship very well. But it all comes down to if you want to pay tax. With amazon you don't and w/Buy.com I forgot but I think they charge tax.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived today (same price essentially with pub games and I got free shipping (WOO~!)). So I'd be uber pissed if I were you and it didn't arrive.

Got mine from Amazon today and it has the LIVE sticker on the outside, which I've read is the indicator that it has the bonus content in the LE. Haven't opened it yet, but here's hoping.

i ordered from amazon in the end and they seem to have sent me the le too for the regular price so i wont complain hehe :)

[quote name='Shawnimal']So what's the replayability of this title. I'm tempted. I was just going to GF it... the LE extras don't seem that compelling, but if the replay value is there, I'll buy.[/quote]

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fable2?q=fable II

It's been getting pretty good ratings. Generally around the 9/10 area.

I've heard it's a a lot like the first Fable, good for about 2 or 3 playthroughs depending on how much you like seeing everything a game has to offer.

I caution you with the LE, the LEs are largely missing the bonus DLC content cards that are supposed to come packaged in with the game. I basically paid $10 for a cardboard sleeve and making-of dvd. Not happy.

[quote name='Stry-ker']did anyone get the pub games code from buy.com?[/quote]
I canceled my order from Circuit City for the (slim) chance to get the code as well for virtually the same price, but I can't say I got it.

My copy hasn't even shipped yet, so I guess I wasted an extra buck and a half more than I would have for nothing. Been an unlucky week I guess..

[quote name='Destromas']I caution you with the LE, the LEs are largely missing the bonus DLC content cards that are supposed to come packaged in with the game. I basically paid $10 for a cardboard sleeve and making-of dvd. Not happy.[/quote]

Microsoft is going to alleviate that situation. There is an explanation on Xbox.com I believe.

[quote name='Stry-ker']wish mine would ship already still says sent to warehouse for the last 3 days.[/quote]

Just checked mine again, yesterday it was the same as yours "sent to warehouse" today it is back to "processing". My order seems to be going backwards. :cry: Maybe someone meant to update it to in shipping process.

Processing - - Sent to Warehouse - - In the Shipping Process - - Shipped.

[quote name='spartan200x']Just checked mine again, yesterday it was the same as yours "sent to warehouse" today it is back to "processing". My order seems to be going backwards. :cry: Maybe someone meant to update it to in shipping process.

Processing - - Sent to Warehouse - - In the Shipping Process - - Shipped.[/quote]

Mine also went back to "Processing" but under the line where it says "Processing" it says "In the Shipping Process."

[quote name='HydroEclectic']Mine also went back to "Processing" but under the line where it says "Processing" it says "In the Shipping Process."[/quote]

Updated to shipped now.

bread's done
Back