Fable 2 Limited Edition for around $30 or less

Dareb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been looking for a copy of the Limited Edition for a little while now, and while Amazon seems a good bet, it's annoying how overpriced many of the used copies are- and don't even get me started on the "new copies"- compared to the regular copies, just for a few collector's items and some minor DLC. Does anyone know of where I can get a copy of the Limited Edition for this price? Is anyone selling it for that little?

Check your gamestop they would be mixed in with regular copies for the same price. There no way to get a new with DLC fable 2 for under 60 bucks since the DLC is worth that much by itself.

New or Used?

Also, the DLC code included sells for $40.00-$60.00 on ebay.

I don't care if it's used or new, but I'd like a copy with all collector's items and DLC included.

On amazon it seems to be atleast $40 with the DLC, but I can't be 100% since they don't always specify that.

Check your gamestop they would be mixed in with regular copies for the same price. There no way to get a new with DLC fable 2 for under 60 bucks since the DLC is worth that much by itself.

How much is the used Gamestop copy of Fable 2? How commonly do they carry it, especially with the DLC?

I have ONLY the DLC code for trade if oyu are interested. It is on my list, check it out.

Do you mean the card or just the code? By the way, where is your "list?" I don't use CAG often and I've only made one transaction previously.

[quote name='Dareb']I don't care if it's used or new, but I'd like a copy with all collector's items and DLC included.

On amazon it seems to be atleast $40 with the DLC, but I can't be 100% since they don't always specify that.

How much is the used Gamestop copy of Fable 2? How commonly do they carry it, especially with the DLC?

Do you mean the card or just the code? By the way, where is your "list?" I don't use CAG often and I've only made one transaction previously.[/QUOTE]

Under my name (towards the left), there is a logo that says CML. That stands for Check My List.

I actually have the code on a card, non used. That is as rare as it gets considering there was a misprint in the factory and codes were not placed in the game cases originally. If someone has just a code, it is from the time Microsoft emailed a few codes out to those who said they did not get one with their game. The actual card itself is a collectors item.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The actual card itself is a collectors item.[/QUOTE]

And considering all the cool stuff the limited edition was originally supposed to come with, how fucking sad is that?

[quote name='rainking187']And considering all the cool stuff the limited edition was originally supposed to come with, how fucking sad is that?[/QUOTE]

I agree.

However, since there limited edition did go through so much change, and things being missing- having a complete one is valuable. It is probably one of the most valuable Limited Edition's around because of the errors.

[quote name='d_south_cr']I was at bestbuy in dallas a few days ago and seen it for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Was it the Collector's Edition? How common do you think that is? Because Fable 2, on the Best Buy website, has an official price of $40.

[quote name='Dareb']Was it the Collector's Edition? How common do you think that is? Because Fable 2, on the Best Buy website, has an official price of $40.[/QUOTE]

But, just so you know, the DLC is only in about half of them.

[quote name='georox']I still laugh that people pay that much for some rather bad DLC.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, It was rather bad, I got two copies of it.

Yeah, looking at these prices, this is all pretty disheartening for such minor DLC. Still, would anyone know of retailers who still sell commonly the collector's edition new? Does Microsoft still send out codes to limited edition copies that lack a card?

And does there seem to be any chance of them releasing the DLC over XBL sometime? They did it with the flasback map pack for GOW 2 in the All Fronts collection.

i have a new copy of this if youre interested. Im not looking to get ebay or amazon prices, but a fair middle ground would be great. Let me know.

[quote name='Dareb']Yeah, looking at these prices, this is all pretty disheartening for such minor DLC. Still, would anyone know of retailers who still sell commonly the collector's edition new? Does Microsoft still send out codes to limited edition copies that lack a card?

And does there seem to be any chance of them releasing the DLC over XBL sometime? They did it with the flasback map pack for GOW 2 in the All Fronts collection.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft stopped sending out codes late November 2008. THe game came out in October 2008.

The DLC code is the Fable II LE edition is EXCLUSIVE to that edition. The flashback map pack was never exclusive to anything. It actually comes free with every new copy of Gears of War 2, and still does.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Microsoft stopped sending out codes late November 2008. THe game came out in October 2008.

The DLC code is the Fable II LE edition is EXCLUSIVE to that edition. The flashback map pack was never exclusive to anything. It actually comes free with every new copy of Gears of War 2, and still does.[/QUOTE]

So there were a lot of Fable II LE's that had the DLC code card missing? I assume the only way to tell if the card is missing is to open it up right?

[quote name='kell']So there were a lot of Fable II LE's that had the DLC code card missing? I assume the only way to tell if the card is missing is to open it up right?[/QUOTE]

That is correct. And when open, there is about a 50/50 chance of a code being there.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']That is correct. And when open, there is about a 50/50 chance of a code being there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've got a sealed one, but I don't like those odds...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flameofdoom666']Under my name (towards the left), there is a logo that says CML. That stands for Check My List.

I actually have the code on a card, non used. That is as rare as it gets considering there was a misprint in the factory and codes were not placed in the game cases originally. If someone has just a code, it is from the time Microsoft emailed a few codes out to those who said they did not get one with their game. The actual card itself is a collectors item.[/QUOTE]

Where is it i cant find it,?? i would be Intrested in trading or something for it but i cant find your list

bread's done
Back