Fable 2 Platinum hits $20 Best Buy

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but while I was on Xbox Live today, I noticed an ad that says Buy 2 Platinum Hits and get 1 free at Best Buy.

anyone gotten the actual platinum hits edition yet? I dont wanna waste my time if its a 0% success.

Also side note here: Im disappointed that my best buy if out of mass effect and orange box platinum for the buy 2 get 1 deal :(

I'm waiting on my 2nd copy to see if Best Buy makes good on the issue. Won't be here until Tuesday so I will post up which version I got at that time.

Walmart, for some reason, has the European boxart up, where they actually have the "GotY Edition", which is the same content as the Platinum Hits (and what you'll more than likely get if you order that).

I saw Sundays ad and its listed. Wondering if anyone has been to BB today
and if so, have you seen it on shelve.

thanks.

[quote name='001100']I saw Sundays ad and its listed. Wondering if anyone has been to BB today
and if so, have you seen it on shelve.

thanks.[/QUOTE]

nah dude, hit up 2, only had the regular version. Employees dumbfounded when I showed the ad and asked them to look in the back. They were like, "sir, this is the same game, just not the PH" I said "the-fuck-it-is!!" I wish they'd get their act together. I really need a 3rd copy of Fable 2 to go w/ my LE and regular versions (yeah right..) :lol:

best buy in jersey city, nj still has the regular version. employees don't know the difference and swear they are both the same.

Another reason why I completely stopped shopping at Best Buy. I don't even walk into the store anymore. Anything I want from an electronics store can be found online cheaper.

I received my order today and as everyone else has stated, it was the standard version. I guess I'll just return it or wait a week or so until they get the platinum version in store and exchange. Pain in the ass, should have used amazon credit.

I just got mine and it's the original version. I'm not sure we can exchange it as the paper that comes with it says they don't offer merchandise exchanges for online purchases.
Anybody else with a different experience?

Best Buy in Madison, WI (westside) has had the Platinum Hits version since last week (at least). Didn't check the price.

[quote name='TooDelicious']I just got mine and it's the original version. I'm not sure we can exchange it as the paper that comes with it says they don't offer merchandise exchanges for online purchases.
Anybody else with a different experience?[/QUOTE]

I would hope that best buy would honor the fact that they shipped the wrong product. It isn't an exchange really, just getting what you actually paid for.

[quote name='heybtbm']Best Buy in Madison, WI (westside) has had the Platinum Hits version since last week (at least). Didn't check the price.[/QUOTE]

good to know atleast ONE of them is carrying it!:drool:

I picked up my order two days ago and received the original Fable 2. I plead my case to the customer service dude who was really cool about it and told his manager. The manager gave me his card and told me I could get a raincheck on the platinum hits and pick it up for 19.99 when they had it in stock.

Hope everyone else has better luck as I'll be waiting for my BB to get them in stock.

The geniuses at Best Buy finally sent me my 2nd copy to correct their mistake from the first time....and guess what....normal version yet again. Even after assuring me on both the phone and through email. So please do yourself a favor and don't try ordering Fable 2 from Best Buy. More hassle than it's worth.

[quote name='Dysheekie']The geniuses at Best Buy finally sent me my 2nd copy to correct their mistake from the first time....and guess what....normal version yet again. Even after assuring me on both the phone and through email. So please do yourself a favor and don't try ordering Fable 2 from Best Buy. More hassle than it's worth.[/QUOTE]

It's only a hassle if you make it a hassle, I bought it using the 10% off coupon. Only the original currently, but I plan on swapping it for the platinum hits version once I find a Best Buy with it in stock. Couldn't be easier.. just have to wait to play it, but honestly, if I'm waiting this long to play it, I can wait a little longer.

I was at a bestbuy yesterday here in vegas and saw an employee fulfilling an instore pickup order for fable 2 platinum hits. i knew what he was doing because he was looking around and looking around. he went to the section that had fable. then went to the platinum hits section then went back to the section where they had fable again. it clearly wasn't the platinum hits version so I imagine he said "eff it" in his head and took the regular version straight to customer service. I was thinking that whoever ordered that is not going to be happy. Oh well. bestbuy you and your false advertising bait and switch tactics. needless to say, i'm going there to pick up fringe for 16.99 and have them price match fry's ad for tatsunoku vs capcom for 42.99. pants to ankles at bestbuy no matter what i guess...

[quote name='temp81830']It's only a hassle if you make it a hassle, I bought it using the 10% off coupon. Only the original currently, but I plan on swapping it for the platinum hits version once I find a Best Buy with it in stock. Couldn't be easier.. just have to wait to play it, but honestly, if I'm waiting this long to play it, I can wait a little longer.[/QUOTE]

Actually I didn't try to make it a hassle, they just shipped me the wrong product twice. Also it could have been easier, they could have sent you the right product the first time.

[quote name='jimivegas']bestbuy you and your false advertising bait and switch tactics.[/QUOTE]
It's not bait and switch when they just don't know there's a significant difference, they even have the original version's boxart up on the product page. The SKU didn't change just like every other Platinum Hits. Some people still don't know Mass Effect's Platinum Hits comes with free DLC. It's just good 'ole simple ignorance.

Yea I am just waiting on the one store around here that has 1 copy left of the regular Fable 2 to show up as having some in stock. Hopefully they will restock with the PH copies.

I mean its in the ad showing the PH copies so they know about it...

My local store has been oos the last couple of days so I'm also hoping that when they are restocked it will be the PH version. I've been waiting patiently since I got my Xbox just a couple of months ago.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Actually I didn't try to make it a hassle, they just shipped me the wrong product twice. Also it could have been easier, they could have sent you the right product the first time.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to try to make something a hassle for it to actually be a hassle. The problem is they are using the same SKU. This means the main warehouses for Best Buy most likely have the old one since they buy in large bulk. It's like that for TV shows when they update the packaging. Best Buy is one of the last to actually put newest versions on the shelf.

If you are trying to take advantage of a deal, just buy the version they currently have in stock and just wait until you see the version you want. If you don't have anything to take advantage right away, you can wait.

You just have to realize what the situation is, and deal with it accordingly. It's really about can you wait for it versus do you want to save $10+ compared to like Amazon or elsewhere.

I mean, they could have gave it a new SKU and made it $30 and then no one would be complaining, but I think the $10 savings is worth it.

I hear ya - I have absolutely no problem waiting and that's what I'll end up doing. I think the only reason I'm a big peeved is the fact that I called up Best Buy, explained to the customer service rep what the situation and explained the difference between the 2 versions. He assured me that I'd be getting the correct copy, and that's not what ended up happening.

I'll just wait and return it in store in a week or two

Just trying to figure out something, so please bare with me. I plan on getting Fable II but does matter if it's Platinum Hit or not? I found this on Xbox - Fable II DLC. What are the differences between the DLC? And is that all the DLC?

[quote name='Skoad']It's just good 'ole simple ignorance.[/QUOTE]

Maybe so but we are talking about a store that has the sole purpose of selling this kind of stuff.

Walmart, KMart and Target I can forgive. Their main things is clothes and food....and other household junk.

Best Buy...an electronics/software giant...no.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Maybe so but we are talking about a store that has the sole purpose of selling this kind of stuff.

Walmart, KMart and Target I can forgive. Their main things is clothes and food....and other household junk.

Best Buy...an electronics/software giant...no.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, any company that deals with sales I expect ignorance from. Maybe not everyone at said company will be ignorant, but probably most. You will probably find people that know more about these things at places that sell mainly electronics and software, but it's hardly a requirement: especially for every item that is available.

The funny thing is that with almost any other game, many of us would be excited to receive the regular version instead. :)

Oh well. I ordered online with the B2G1 promotion, and Fable 2 isn't supposed to ship until two weeks from now. I hope by then they have the PH version to ship.

I finally returned my Fable 2 standard copy. As expected the customer service guy had no idea what i was talking about or how to fix the problem. He even refused to give me a Rain check until I had to explain to him about the experiences of others on CAG. Hopefully they'll get the platinum versions within the next month.

Definitely not worth the effort at this point but hopefully it works out in the end.

I got an email yesterday saying that my backordered Fable 2 Platinum Hits (bought with the buy 2 get 1 free deal) will be in stock within the next week.

Not sure if I will get the standard version or the platinum hits version.

I got a non bestbuy store to pricematch the 20$ price on fable, and the B2 G1 free deal at the same time for a different game, price went from 80+ tax to 40+ tax in the end. VERY YMMV, and is unlikely to happen again (took over an hour due to salespeople and customer service).

Likely options include getting a print-ad for the deal, then pricematching the 20$.

Great pickup, can't wait to dig through my backlog and play it.

Mine was back ordered and I thought I might be in luck because they were waiting for new stock (PH version), but I was sent the old version this past week.

Does anyone know if both games have the same UPC, so one can exchange it easily at any store in the future without hassle?

After getting the wrong copy from Bestbuy.com twice (even after being assured the 2nd time that they would send the correct one) - their response was - just return it to the store and get the correct copy. Problem being, they only have the original copy in my local Best Buy, so that doesn't help at all. In other words, Best Buy customer support is horrendous when it comes to this issue.

[quote name='Dysheekie']After getting the wrong copy from Bestbuy.com twice (even after being assured the 2nd time that they would send the correct one) - their response was - just return it to the store and get the correct copy. Problem being, they only have the original copy in my local Best Buy, so that doesn't help at all. In other words, Best Buy customer support is horrendous when it comes to this issue.[/QUOTE]

Remember the comment I made about how wrong that CSR would end up being? ;)

The UPC's are different as well, so, let us know how this goes. I have a feeling you'll have to fight for it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The UPC's are different as well, so, let us know how this goes. I have a feeling you'll have to fight for it.[/QUOTE]
That's what the problem is, the code in their system for Normal and Platinum is the same, they just changed the title of the product from "Fable II" to "Fable II Platinum Hits". So when they search their inventory for products, the only thing they see is that one UPC. There's no distinction in their system between the two versions.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Remember the comment I made about how wrong that CSR would end up being? ;)

The UPC's are different as well, so, let us know how this goes. I have a feeling you'll have to fight for it.[/QUOTE]

I gotta hand it to you, I'll never trust a Best Buy support rep again that's for sure : )

I just got the copy I ordered two or three weeks ago on backorder, and sure enough, it was the regular version. I went to BB to attempt an exchange, but they told me they only do returns on bestbuy.com items, not exchanges. So I returned it, and looked at their shelves. No copies of Fable II, platinum hits or otherwise. Checked two different stores, and all they had was the regular version.
I'd like to try to price match this at Wal-Mart or something, but the price isn't in their print ad. The only proof I can get of the price is on bestbuy.com, and Wal-Mart doesn't match internet prices. How am I supposed to prove to them that it's $19.99 - give them Best Buy's phone number and ask them to call? Go to Best Buy and take a photograph?
Argh.

[quote name='Dysheekie']After getting the wrong copy from Bestbuy.com twice (even after being assured the 2nd time that they would send the correct one) - their response was - just return it to the store and get the correct copy. Problem being, they only have the original copy in my local Best Buy, so that doesn't help at all. In other words, Best Buy customer support is horrendous when it comes to this issue.[/QUOTE]

So go to Walmart say you got the wrong copy as a gift explain its unopened can you exchange it for the right one.

You can even do that to get store credit with unopened games if you want to return it there. Just tell them you got it as a gift its the wrong one can I exchange for the right one or if you want to return it to them just say you got it as a gift and you don't even have the system to play it on or you have it already can I get store credit. And to those who want to inform me this is "unethical" or unfair to Walmart, would you kindly choke on a fat corporate dick?

Whether one decides to choke on a "fat corporate dick" or not, return fraud discussion is against the forum rules.

[quote name='iPhone']You do know that is return fraud.[/QUOTE]

And he should also know that people around here aren't supposed to encourage return fraud, that's the domain of SD. Here we keep things on the up and up (for the most part).

[quote name='munkapotamus']And he should also know that people around here aren't supposed to encourage return fraud, that's the domain of SD. Here we keep things on the up and up (for the most part).[/QUOTE]

Thousands of copies of Rock Revolution would like to have a word with you. XD

It isn't return fraud to buy something at a low price and then trade it in for a high price somewhere else. I am guessing that's what you're referring to in the case of Rock Revolution.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It isn't return fraud to buy something at a low price and then trade it in for a high price somewhere else. I am guessing that's what you're referring to in the case of Rock Revolution.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I was talking about the whole buy two, get one free thing BB did a while back. XD And making a jerk statement. You know, the usual. XD

bread's done
Back