Fable 2 Platinum hits $20 Best Buy

Same story. Got my fable 2 ordered from B2G1 and got the regular version. Called up BB and they promptly put in a reshipment. From how this thread is going, I'm having a suspicion it's going to end up being another regular version at my doorstep.

Has anyone even seen this in store yet? Mine still keeps replenishing stock with the regular version.

I think BB is having problems identifying the regular from the Platinum Hits. One lady told me they don't know.

According to them, the regular IS the Platinum Hits. Ugghhh....

[quote name='ryanbw']Has anyone even seen this in store yet? Mine still keeps replenishing stock with the regular version.[/QUOTE]
Same here. My local store went OOS for a week or so. I stopped in while running errands in the area when they said they had more and they were all the regular edition. So they updated the title and the picture on their website to the PH version, but they're still stocking and shipping the regular edition. Clearly they know there's a difference but their actions say otherwise. Odd. Oh well.

I am in the exact same position that many people in this thread are in. I ordered the Fable II Platinum Hits edition at the end of January. My order was listed as "on backorder" for approximately 2 weeks. Then it came off of backorder, they shipped it out -- and it's the wrong game. It's the plain Fable II, not the version I ordered. I called to complain, and they said to just go down to my local Best Buy and exchange it for the Platinum Hits edition. Drove down there. They don't have any -- just the regular version. No place local has the Platinum Hits edition.

Called back to complain again, and they said they would send me another copy, and they'd make sure it was the Platinum Hits edition. The rep specifically stated they would make sure it was the Platinum Hits edition.

Got it in the mail yesterday, and guess what? It's the plain, normal Fable II that they've already shipped. I now have two copies of it, and no copies of the Platinum Hits version. After the rep specifically assured me I would get the actual game I ordered.

I know I shouldn't let myself be enraged over a $20 game, but the absolute incompetence here boggles the mind. I'm going to go dig online for e-mail addresses at the Best Buy corporate headquarters, maybe see if I can get some phone numbers to get this resolved (hopefully). I still have all of the info sheets that came with the orders and the games are still sealed. But I won't order from Best Buy again. It's just not worth the hassle and the complete frustration, and the incredible waste of time -- and when this is over I may still end up being out the $20 with no Platinum Hits version!

I've already sunk maybe an hour and half into this fiasco already, and I'm looking at maybe another 2-3 hours of my time trying to get this resolved. So maybe 4 hours of my life, total, spent in trying to get a company to ship me the actual item I ordered and paid for. It's just not worth it to me. This entire thing is completely ridiculous.

I just sold my sealed copy of Regular Fable 2 for $16.99 on half.com. Will use the funds to buy the Platinum hits version.

Best Buy does have the best Customer Service based on my experience dealing with other stores. Amazon.com outsources to India reps and Best Buy does not. Every time I call they always go the extra mile, giving me extra discounts for my "hassle". I guess they just dont know the difference between the different versions of the game.

[quote name='oasisboy']\ Every time I call they always go the extra mile, giving me extra discounts for my "hassle".[/QUOTE]

You've definitely had a much better experience than I have. When I called, the customer service rep argued with me the entire time, first telling me that there was no such game as "Fable II Platinum Hits", and then when I proved to her the game did exist, she said it was the exact same game as Fable II. She never offered any discount of any kind.

I'm not willing to waste any more of my time with the CSR's. If this is ever going to get resolved, I am going to have to chase down someone at Best Buy corporate headquarters. And since I don't live in Minnesota it's going to have to be a gigantic game of phone tag.

I also had a horrible experience with Best Buy customer support. After 3 phone calls and as many emails - there was no resolution. Their answer was to return the game to the store and get the correct version there (problem being my local store doesn't have the correct version...which we discussed many times).

Good luck CAG. Keep your head up and keep us updated!

[quote name='chopper']You've definitely had a much better experience than I have. When I called, the customer service rep argued with me the entire time, first telling me that there was no such game as "Fable II Platinum Hits", and then when I proved to her the game did exist, she said it was the exact same game as Fable II. She never offered any discount of any kind.

I'm not willing to waste any more of my time with the CSR's. If this is ever going to get resolved, I am going to have to chase down someone at Best Buy corporate headquarters. And since I don't live in Minnesota it's going to have to be a gigantic game of phone tag.[/QUOTE]

I've learned my lesson not to waste my time with BBY customer service over the phone years ago. I'll wait until someone here get's a concrete fail proof solution or just sell it outright. Not worth my time or frustration, otherwise.

Waited 3 weeks to get my game that was backordered, and when it arrived... it was the original version. Talked to the customer service person, educated em on what I should be getting compared to what I got and why platinum is better, and she agreed to resend the order out to me. She tried to suggest that I go to a store and return/rebuy, but I told her the other version wasn't in stock. She apologized and said she would send me a gift card for my troubles and email me a shipping slip to return the game. I've been checking my email and no return shipping slip...

Same thing happened to me Gbear09 (minus the gift card) and they just sent me the original copy again. I had a lengthy conversation about the difference between the regular and Platinum hits version and he made it sound like he understood, but of course he didn't.

^ The point of where the convo turned for me at least was when I explained that the platinum had like 15 dollars of extra content that I would otherwise have to pay for, and that is why I bought the platinum. I wasn't expecting a gc or anything, but let's see if they come through on it. And my replacement copy is still processing. Hopefully I get it by the end of the week.

I was in Wal-Mart this evening and they had the original copy of Fable II for $19.97. I believe $20 is the new price point for the standard game at all retailers.

Have an update on this one: Got the regular edition again, called up customer service, got someone who wasn't a regular agent, someone a step above. They verified my info and I told them what happened. Was told they couldn't send another out and it was due to confusion in the warehouse. They told me they would send a digital coupon to my email that would pay for most of the game. I would need to return it in store, and use the kiosk to order the platinum version with the correct SKU and use the digital coupon there. In case there were any issues, I would give them the case number.

Frustrating thing is that I went online to the bb website and the platinum hits is no longer listed as for sale.

bread's done
Back