Fable Anniversary $5 Off + Free $20 Microsoft gift card@newegg

rystersm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Not sure if its been posted or not, I couldn't find it. Seems like a decent deal.

Fable Anniversary for $35 + $20 Microsoft gift card @ newegg!

Can't give you guy a link since this is my first post >.<

The picture says, "NO", but is there any chance this will be from the first run of the game that comes with additional DLC?

If you purchased the Arkham Origins deal a week or so ago with the $20 GC YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER, they will cancel the card and charge you the $35 for the game.

If you purchased the Arkham Origins deal a week or so ago with the $20 GC YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER, they will cancel the card and charge you the $35 for the game.
Thanks for the heads up. They really should let people know in advance. And what a lame policy.

I kind of want this but knowing the fable series this is more of a rental that can be finished within a day or two.
Fable can be finished in a day or two? You must be beast. I have never finished a Fable game that quickly (only played 2 and 3; haven't played the original Fable yet so this game is on my radar, but not at this price).

Fable can be finished in a day or two? You must be beast. I have never finished a Fable game that quickly (only played 2 and 3; haven't played the original Fable yet so this game is on my radar, but not at this price).
I'm talking about the original which can be beaten very quickly. I mean it's a fun game I just wish there was more to it.

I remember buying it on launch day for the original Xbox and being pretty upset because I dropped $60 on a one day experience.

I'm talking about the original which can be beaten very quickly. I mean it's a fun game I just wish there was more to it.
I remember buying it on launch day for the original Xbox and being pretty upset because I dropped $60 on a one day experience.
My brother and I were the same way. Left a bad taste in our mouth for the series. We were also disappointed that it was missing all the features that were hyped up around it. It had some real solid gameplay and leveling was fun but it was just over so quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Greatwhitecoley" post="11695516" timestamp="1397743725"]My brother and I were the same way. Left a bad taste in our mouth for the series. We were also disappointed that it was missing all the features that were hyped up around it. It had some real solid gameplay and leveling was fun but it was just over so quick.[/quote]

Exactly. On top of that the game is ridiculously easy. There is no challenge at all .

Also I recall Peter Molyneux hyping the game before launch as the "best rpg ever made". What a douchebag.

My brother and I were the same way. Left a bad taste in our mouth for the series. We were also disappointed that it was missing all the features that were hyped up around it. It had some real solid gameplay and leveling was fun but it was just over so quick.
Well thanks for this!! I didn't realize it was such a short game compared to the later ones. Now my price point has dropped even further. Lol.

I got the $20 gift card for the Batman deal and I just did the Fable deal last night and newegg just sent me another $20 gift card

Well thanks for this!! I didn't realize it was such a short game compared to the later ones. Now my price point has dropped even further. Lol.
This version has all of the extra content from the Lost Chapters re-release that wasn't in the original 2004 version so it's not that short. The full story (original game plus new content) is longer than the storylines from Fable 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Exactly. On top of that the game is ridiculously easy. There is no challenge at all .Also I recall Peter Molyneux hyping the game before launch as the "best rpg ever made". What a douchebag.
He overhypes everything, that aside, this IS one of my favorite RPG's of all time. Sure it's easy, but it's one hell of a journey. Not to mention one of the most polished games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
He overhypes everything, that aside, this IS one of my favorite RPG's of all time. Sure it's easy, but it's one hell of a journey. Not to mention one of the most polished games ever.
Eh, I would hardly call it "polished". Even with the Xbox Live updates this version has the bugs found in the original and freezes/stutters quite a bit. It is still very fun, though.

Eh, I would hardly call it "polished". Even with the Xbox Live updates this version has the bugs found in the original and freezes/stutters quite a bit. It is still very fun, though.
I wouldn't even call it a journey but to each their own.

bread's done
Back