Fable III on SDTV?

Axmann

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
How does Fable III fare on SDTV? My visison is already crappy enough without trying to read microtext and getting straining headaches, so I'll probably pass FIII if it has small text syndrome.

Also, I know I should get an HDTV, I'm probably gonna ask for one for Christmas, so please don't give me that advice. I know it's not impossible to make a next-gen game look good and readable on SDTV because they did it with Oblivion and FO3.

I played it on a relatively small sdtv and don't remember any problems. Either it was ok, or reading wasn't that important. I had problems with mass effect 2 text.

I can't imagine what it's like on a small TV honestly. I've got two large TV's and it's extremely difficult to read from any sort of distance.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']Buy the VGA cable and play on your computer monitor. That's what I did until I had a HDTV.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I didn't have $$ to get an HDTV when I got my launch 360 so opted for the VGA cables.. very good decision, difference is huge.

And if you get a VGA cable, get the official one. I wasted money on a monoprice 360 VGA cable and it was... well what I said - a waste of money. The quality was crap. So spend the extra bucks for the official microsoft branded cable. It resolved the video problems I had. Never played Fable so can't comment on the game itself.

I have trouble reading text on Rock Band 3 on an SDTV, but I have an SDTV with component out, and that's much better so you might want to go that route too.

I would get an HDTV, but I don't have room in the house until the basement is finished.

I can also vouch for the VGA cable on a monitor. Works well.

However, Fable 3 uses consistent blurring to mask the fact that it's streaming in textures (the blurring fades when it's not loading, but it often loads when roaming around). I imagine this could possibly give you a headache.

Text, not sure. I was mostly put down by the noticeably less-than-30-FPS frame rate that it constantly endures, and that's one of the more notable reasons I'm not a fan of it vs previous games.

bread's done
Back