Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

I was very bad to my fam in Fable 2.
If it does use your save file I have to make sure I use the right one.
Very excited.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I don't know....I think Fable 2 is not *required* but it sure as hell would make what's going on in Fable 3 that much more personal or meaningful. I look at the new King and think "that's the little gypsy-kid I used to bring dolls and toys to in-game. Now he's a tyrant. WTH??!!" At least my second-born will do me proud! HA!

I haven't played Fable 1, though, and I'd like to go back and do that since I now know that Theresa is the F1 hero's aunt, and she's 500 years old. Which makes her the hero from Fable 3's great great great great great aunt....or something. Anyway, I hear people talk about this Jack of Blades and stuff and it sounds interesting. I might have to get it off of XBL.[/QUOTE]

I am interested in the story too but I don't know if anything I hear is true about Jack of Blades being alive, Theresa still being around to do something evil (remember what she said at the end of Fable II...), etc.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Does anybody know if a previous save file from the last game will add anything to this new game?[/QUOTE]

i saw a video on the xbox dashboard that said it would carry over but just as your characters son or daughter

Getting more and more excited!~ ...also, I ♥ amazon.com! Exceptional customer service...they made an exception for me and switched over my game credit to the limited edition no problem! I requested the day off from work for this game...LOL.

[quote name='super_dawn']Getting more and more excited!~ ...also, I ♥ amazon.com! Exceptional customer service...they made an exception for me and switched over my game credit to the limited edition no problem! I requested the day off from work for this game...LOL.[/QUOTE]

LOL .. I'm lucky, I usually work til midnights on Monday nights, so I can go grab my copy from Gamestop midnight release (if they do it, depends on the game) or Walmart (again, depends on the game). Then usually I'm scheduled as off on Tuesday and Wednesdays so I can sit back, relax and enjoy some new game action. :applause:

I just created mine with my Amazon code. I just kept clicking it. Took like 15 tries, but it eventually went through.

Yeah, I just got my code also. :)

Anyhow, I got a question for the masses... Has anyone seen pictures of LE DLC yet? I know its two sets of clothing... Nothing major, but I am curious.

I just got my character code also. I didn't even know there was such a thing until today but it sounds like kind of a cool add-on. I'm wondering if you can marry the villager you created??

The only thing the FAQ really says about the character is "when exactly you see your villager in game is entirely up to you, so go out and explore." hmmmm

[quote name='imacjenn']I just got my character code also. I didn't even know there was such a thing until today but it sounds like kind of a cool add-on. I'm wondering if you can marry the villager you created??[/quote]

I would imagine so considering you can 'pick' their sexual orientation.

[quote name='ZForce915']The place the enter the code on the villager maker is not loading for me. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

I can enter the code in, but I get an error when I try to redeem it. :bomb:

I don't even see where I am supposed to enter this damn code. I made three characters trying to find where to put the code and didn't see where to input my code I got from Amazon. I know it only works for one, that wasn't the point of my post :p

I think you enter the code in the marketplace through your xBox, not on the website. These are the instructions that came with my code:

How to Use Your Code:

Step 1: Sign in to Xbox LIVE from the Xbox Dashboard on your Xbox 360 Console
Step 2: Press the "Ring of Light Button" in the middle of your controller
Step 3: Navigate to the Marketplace blade
Step 4: Select "Redeem Code"
Step 5: Enter your code exactly as shown above
Step 6: Your download will begin to your selected storage device

If you followed those instructions and it still doesn't work, then maybe it doesn't work until you actually have the game? or at least until the release date of the game....hmmmm....

The Amazon instructions are generic and will not work for this promo. redeemable codes are 25 characters.

If you go to Lionhead.com and use thier create a villager feature it works fine.

[quote name='gamegirl79']I can enter the code in, but I get an error when I try to redeem it. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZForce915']The place the enter the code on the villager maker is not loading for me. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm getting an error. :(

Well this sucks. I redeemed my code and created my villager, but when I view the villager I created, the personality traits are the opposite of what I chose. Anybody else having this problem?

[quote name='Moltres423']Just out of curiosity- for those of you that plan on buying the Collector's Edition, what about it made you want to buy it?[/QUOTE]

That book with the secret compartment, don't know y but i love that :bouncy:

[quote name='Moltres423']Just out of curiosity- for those of you that plan on buying the Collector's Edition, what about it made you want to buy it?[/QUOTE]
In this case it's definitely the extra in-game content/DLC. I like when my Japanese games come with artbooks, but aside from that the knick knacks don't really appeal to me. What is it in this case, some Tarot cards and a plastic coin or something? :lol:

How to get your villager in your copy of Fable III:

1) Go to http://lionhead.com/Fable3VillagerMaker
2) Sign into your email address (at the top left of the page) that is associated with your gamertag
3) Enter the pre-order code you got from Amazon or wherever you ordered
4) Create your character
5) Click confirm at the end

Done.

I want the LE because of the DLC and packaging, mostly. I just think it looks nifty. This is knowing it's such a waste of an extra $20. haha

Speaking of which, I can't seem to find the LE on Gamestop's website at all. This is going to suck if it's been taken down completely, as I didn't submit my preorder yet -- been waiting for a free overnight shipping code to attach to it. ugh.

[quote name='ZForce915']How to get your villager in your copy of Fable III:

1) Go to http://lionhead.com/Fable3VillagerMaker
2) Sign into your email address (at the top left of the page) that is associated with your gamertag
3) Enter the pre-order code you got from Amazon or wherever you ordered
4) Create your character
5) Click confirm at the end

Done.[/QUOTE]

Tried this since the update to xbox.com ruined the link to the page I thought I needed to go to. Signed in and got to the screen to start creating my villager and nothing happened after I put in the redeem code or clicked on the button. Does the site not work with Chrome!?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Tried this since the update to xbox.com ruined the link to the page I thought I needed to go to. Signed in and got to the screen to start creating my villager and nothing happened after I put in the redeem code or clicked on the button. Does the site not work with Chrome!?[/QUOTE]
It's actually supposedly less buggy with Chrome than with IE... figure that one out Microsoft.

The villager maker does not work for me. I put in my code and hit "redeem code" and nothing happens. It just makes a metallic noise. Tried on IE and Chrome.

Hope the actual game is better programmed. :(

Having issues with the silverlight program as well. Though it was because I was in Firefox. I also can't get into the facebook free stuff section for Fable 3. Nothing happens when i click with the mouse.

[quote name='HydroX']

Speaking of which, I can't seem to find the LE on Gamestop's website at all. This is going to suck if it's been taken down completely, as I didn't submit my preorder yet -- been waiting for a free overnight shipping code to attach to it. ugh.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop isn't taking pre-orders on the LE anymore. Best Buy still is however in-store and online.

The fact that I am paying 59.99 for it.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Gamestop isn't taking pre-orders on the LE anymore. Best Buy still is however in-store and online.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll be getting the regular edition then, as the $30 in GS credit really sealed the deal on the LE for me -- but not anymore. Blah.

Little off topic, but do you think the DLC for Fable II will be discounted closer to Fable III release? I fancy picking up Knothole Island but don't want to risk paying 800 points for it right now.

[quote name='MisterHand']The villager maker does not work for me. I put in my code and hit "redeem code" and nothing happens. It just makes a metallic noise. Tried on IE and Chrome.

Hope the actual game is better programmed. :([/QUOTE]

I had tried on Firefox and it didn't work. Now it won't even let me design a character...I click...nothing happens.

I did get an email from amazon.com earlier today:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

A few days ago, we sent you an email with instructions on how to create and download your very own villager in Fable III. Unfortunately the game publisher has informed us that these instructions were not correct. You will find the updated instructions below. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you again for pre-ordering Fable III on Amazon.com.

To access Village Maker:

You will need your Xbox LIVE membership credentials, access to a personal computer (Mac or Windows) and Internet access.

1. Go to http://www.xbox.com/fable3 from your personal computer.
2. Follow the instructions to create and download your Villager. You will need your Amazon bonus code and your Xbox Live membership credentials.

Please note: Microsoft has communicated that the Village Maker program will be accessible through 11/23, though this date may change. You bonus code may not work after this date.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Little off topic, but do you think the DLC for Fable II will be discounted closer to Fable III release? I fancy picking up Knothole Island but don't want to risk paying 800 points for it right now.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale about 3 weeks ago. They had an ad on XBL about "Get ready for sequals' or something. If you clicked on it it took you to all the DLC for Assassin's Creed 2, Fable 2, Force Unleashed, and Fallout 3 and they were all 25-50% off. I got the Hoth and Tattooine backs for 400 points each instead of 800 during it.

[quote name='super_dawn']I had tried on Firefox and it didn't work. Now it won't even let me design a character...I click...nothing happens.

I did get an email from amazon.com earlier today:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

A few days ago, we sent you an email with instructions on how to create and download your very own villager in Fable III. Unfortunately the game publisher has informed us that these instructions were not correct. You will find the updated instructions below. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you again for pre-ordering Fable III on Amazon.com.

To access Village Maker:

You will need your Xbox LIVE membership credentials, access to a personal computer (Mac or Windows) and Internet access.

1. Go to http://www.xbox.com/fable3 from your personal computer.
2. Follow the instructions to create and download your Villager. You will need your Amazon bonus code and your Xbox Live membership credentials.

Please note: Microsoft has communicated that the Village Maker program will be accessible through 11/23, though this date may change. You bonus code may not work after this date.
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what is happening to me now, wtf. I hope they fix it before the game launches or it's going to be another crappy pre-order mistake like when I didn't open the chest in Fable II, after I redeemed my code, to get the bonus content.

Just tallyed it up and this game is gonna make a big hit on my cheap ass street creed lol. $118.65 for the LE Game, The LE Guide and the book. Oh well I love me some Fable. Can't believe its almost here!!!! :applause: :bouncy:

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Just tallyed it up and this game is gonna make a big hit on my cheap ass street creed lol. $118.65 for the LE Game, The LE Guide and the book. Oh well I love me some Fable. Can't believe its almost here!!!! :applause: :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Crap I forgot the book.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Just tallyed it up and this game is gonna make a big hit on my cheap ass street creed lol. $118.65 for the LE Game, The LE Guide and the book. Oh well I love me some Fable. Can't believe its almost here!!!! :applause: :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Ha! I'm with ya brother. At least we didn't buy the ugly controller! Oh, and I have to fight temptation to buy Fable 3 gear for my avatar.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well this sucks. I redeemed my code and created my villager, but when I view the villager I created, the personality traits are the opposite of what I chose. Anybody else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

This is what happened to me. Glad I wasn't the only one because I thought I screwed up. At this point, I'm just taking the wait-and-see approach.

I'm surprised we have this many people really excited for this game. I feel that it's kind of lost its Fable charm. The first one was great. The second one was a bit "meh." It was alright, but not as much fun as the first. This one reminds me of a Sims/Civilization crossover. It sounds weird, but that's what I think Peter Molyneux is trying to do to this game. Make sure you get that family... And don't forget buying buildings! Just a weird thing for Fable IMO.

I'm gona wait until it hits $10-$20 before I pick it up. It shouldn't be too long before it goes that low.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm surprised we have this many people really excited for this game. I feel that it's kind of lost its Fable charm. The first one was great. The second one was a bit "meh." It was alright, but not as much fun as the first. This one reminds me of a Sims/Civilization crossover. It sounds weird, but that's what I think Peter Molyneux is trying to do to this game. Make sure you get that family... And don't forget buying buildings! Just a weird thing for Fable IMO.

I'm gona wait until it hits $10-$20 before I pick it up. It shouldn't be too long before it goes that low.[/QUOTE]

Hm..maybe because I never played the first game and adored the second one! Plus I didn't read too much into the game developers (especially Peter!) hype about it...they do seem to play it up like it will be the greatest game on the planet. I just like it because its suits my gaming style of the type of game I'm into.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm surprised we have this many people really excited for this game. I feel that it's kind of lost its Fable charm. The first one was great. The second one was a bit "meh." It was alright, but not as much fun as the first. This one reminds me of a Sims/Civilization crossover. It sounds weird, but that's what I think Peter Molyneux is trying to do to this game. Make sure you get that family... And don't forget buying buildings! Just a weird thing for Fable IMO.

I'm gona wait until it hits $10-$20 before I pick it up. It shouldn't be too long before it goes that low.[/QUOTE]

You have it backwards there, the first one was meh (it was good but it wasn't as fun as promised) and the second one was great. Everything Molyneux talked about, (well prob 75% lol) finally came into fruition with Fable II. Fable III looks to build off of what made both games fun. The combat is quicker and the character has faster animations akin to Fable 1. The world and the people you interact with will be enhanced, building off of the same system of Fable II. Of course there is the notion of more British humor in Fable III and with Clease as your butler, it's icing on the cake. The fact that you can take down the King or become one as tyrannical as the one you replaced is also intriguing.

A great page to preview Fable III footage/interviews here:
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708139/X-Plays-Fable-3-Special-The-Videos.html

Just found this video, pretty cool:http://g4tv.com/videos/49391/Fable-3-A-Call-to-Action-Trailer/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it weird that Amazon really has NO sale on this game? Usually everything gets about 5% off retail, bit this and Rock Band 3 has nothing for a discount.

[quote name='ZForce915']Is it weird that Amazon really has NO sale on this game? Usually everything gets about 5% off retail, bit this and Rock Band 3 has nothing for a discount.[/QUOTE]
theres a video game credit when you buy the game. just like pretty much every amazon release. what more do you want?

[quote name='GenPirate']The fact that I am paying 59.99 for it.[/QUOTE]
mmm I kinda like getting the reg edition for 39.99 so that price isn't too attractive, imo.

bread's done
Back