Fable..less than a day away

bluenatas09

CAGiversary!
I don't know about everyone else, but I've been waiting years for this game to come out. Yes, yes..the game had some high ambitions and alot had to be cut...but hey, it's still Fable and I'm still as eager to play it as ever! My copy is paid off and ready to be picked up tomorrow around 3ish when the game shows up at my local EB....I just hope all this IVAN nonsense doesn't cause me to have to wait any longer...

I've been waiting for this game for less than a month. Preordered it at GameRush and I'm not sure when they're suppose to have it. I won't be able to play it for awhile since I'm trying to catchup on my homework.

Looks like a great game and I can't wait to start playing it.

This game is the first one to make me look at and purchase an XBOX. As it got closer to the release deate it just doesn't look much like the game first advertised. I still will pick it up, but definately not on release day and probably not for full price.

I called my local EB and asked if I'll be able to pickup my preordered copy tomorrow and the guy hemmed-and-hawed about "well the manager has to come up from Milwaukee...blah blah blah, it may not be till 6pm or so...blah blah blah, we'll give you a call.".

Whatever...just give me my copy!!!!

I CAN NOT WAIT ANOTHER STINKIN' DAY!

[quote name='ddhex27']egm said its 12 hours long.... :( i can stretch it out to 20 i hope.[/quote]

Yah if you buzzed through the main quest and that's all you did...most reviews say anywhere from 15-30hr...These reviewers are supposed to blast through the game...they have a magazine to produce and deadlines to meet.

I'm one to take my time, enjoy the game, turn over every stone.

Plus, reading on the Xbox.com Fable site, you can continue playing the game long after the main quest is complete. Or heck, you can start over if you want...

It'd be a complete waste of time to spend 5yrs developing a game and it winnow down to 12hr of game play.

HMmMmmm im in Erie PA and i went to my local Gamestop(where i have it reserved) they said they wont have it til the 15th which is wednesday but today when i got home they hd a message sayin they will have it by Tuesday in the evening.....but this wasnt a person it was a robot automated thingy lol.....My friend has his copy at EB games and they told him not til Wednesday.....stupid game places....no offense to anyone who worls at these places lol

[quote name='mcwilliams132'][quote name='ddhex27']egm said its 12 hours long.... :( i can stretch it out to 20 i hope.[/quote]

Yah if you buzzed through the main quest and that's all you did...most reviews say anywhere from 15-30hr...These reviewers are supposed to blast through the game...they have a magazine to produce and deadlines to meet.

Plus, reading on the Xbox.com Fable site, you can continue playing the game long after the main quest is complete. Or heck, you can start over if you want...

It'd be a complete waste of time to spend 5yrs developing a game and it winnow down to 12hr of game play.[/quote]
Just what i was thining how can they make a game for 5 years and have it only be 12 hrs...its pretty sad to me....and i read that the end boss was way to easy....but none the less ill play through it many many times to see what a jerk i can be to all the town ppl lol

[quote name='mcwilliams132'][quote name='ddhex27']egm said its 12 hours long.... :( i can stretch it out to 20 i hope.[/quote]

It'd be a complete waste of time to spend 5yrs developing a game and it winnow down to 12hr of game play.[/quote]

I'm not doubting the fact that 12 hours seems really short and that I'm sure the game will still be fun. But the 5 years thing has nothing to do with it. Peter Moleneux has a history of taking way too long to finish games, promising more than he can deliver, and dissapointing the gaming community.

At least here in san jose, CA, it's on sale at fry's this thursday for $35. So, I'll pick it up for that price.

[/quote]

Eh.. no.

Lots of times reviewers "overshoot" the hours (or often attempt to guess at how long "bob" will take to finish the game) required to complete the game at the most basic level. And rushing has nothing to do with it.

I stopped pre-ordering games, by the time your order gets here, you could go pick it up at most stores it seems but back to the topic, I will be getting it on Thursday (this paycheck is my play money).

I'm not really that hyped about it. I'm still working on Viewtiful Joe and Burnout 3, so i'm gonna wait for some pre-played ones to turn up.

As for the length...i'll rather have a great 20 hour game then a good 40 hour game. (Besides who has time to play 1 game so long when their's so much coming out in the next couple months?)

I think it's been overhyped way too fuckin much. I am starting to see the commercials. Looks like another mediocre RPG for the RPG-lacking Xbox. It might be better than the others, but I doubt it will be what everyone expects of it.

Agree with Trakan. I'll pass on it too. Don't like the hype about it. "Fable this, Fable that ...." Hope I'm wrong and you guys will not regret spending $50 on it. Enjoy the game.

[quote name='masha']Agree with Trakan. I'll pass on it too. Don't like the hype about it. "Fable this, Fable that ...." Hope I'm wrong and you guys will not regret spending $50 on it. Enjoy the game.[/quote]With all the preorder/first-day-sales you don't have to spend $50. I spent $30 on my prorder at GameRush with the trade in deal they have.

I was initially very pumped about this game, but after seeing the reviews I think I'm going to rent it first. I don't want to blow $50 on a game unless it's really awesome anymore. Thanks CAG for making me even cheaper.

I just found out that if you trade 3 games to eb you get fable for 19.99, and then if you get th SG as well you get a $15 mail in rebate.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='masha']Agree with Trakan. I'll pass on it too. Don't like the hype about it. "Fable this, Fable that ...." Hope I'm wrong and you guys will not regret spending $50 on it. Enjoy the game.[/quote]With all the preorder/first-day-sales you don't have to spend $50. I spent $30 on my prorder at GameRush with the trade in deal they have.[/quote]

It's not like the games you traded in didn't cost you money..

I'm definitely picking this game up, but I'll probably wait until tomorrow, just to make sure the stores have it. I don't feel like going on a wild goose chase.

Yahooooo my Gamestop will have it by atleast 8 pm tonight EST and they said they will stay open til 1030pm sweeeeet for me now i can pick it up after work yippie lol

Fable is at my EB right now. I've got a preorder but I think I will transfer that to my DOAU preorder. Fable can wait...

well...Ivan did it. My EB called me and told me they were closing in 20min and couldn't get the shipment from New Orleans cause that store had closed down as well :( Oh well...now it'll probably be 3 or 4 days before I get my hands on Fable...I just hope that my surround sound and TV are fine when this hurricane passes!

All is not lost I guess..now I'll have some time to catch up on some of those GBA games...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']This game is the first one to make me look at and purchase an XBOX. As it got closer to the release deate it just doesn't look much like the game first advertised. I still will pick it up, but definately not on release day and probably not for full price.[/quote]
I concur I woulda bought it but now Im willing to wait.

I kinda want Fable, but I'm not 100% sold on it. Besides, Sly 2 is out this week, so Fable's gonna have to wait for a sale or if I suddenly come into some money...

i called my GR today and they said it wouldn't come in until tommorrow, but they got Nam 67, now how and the hell did that happen???
But they do get late shipments sometimes maybe later today.

I am happy to anounce that I am the owner of a new mint copy of fable, being just about 15 minutes into this game I can see it is all I hoped for and more. I am going to get back to the game now, but rest assured all of you waiting are in for a treat.

[quote name='Othergods']Any idea when Outpost ships there preorders? How long it takes to receive?[/quote]

Good question I'd like to know as well since I've gotten no update e-mail or otherwise from them.

[quote name='cruzincontrol'][quote name='Othergods']Any idea when Outpost ships there preorders? How long it takes to receive?[/quote]

Good question I'd like to know as well since I've gotten no update e-mail or otherwise from them.[/quote]

Yeah mine still says Back Ordered. I will check it again tomorrow and see what happens.

For those that ordered from Outpost (including myself), my Game Crazy store didn't get their Fable shipment today. Probably because it ships from the manufacturer/developer on the 13th/14th, depending. So basically, Outpost probably hasn't received their copies yet either.

Been playing for over 2 hours now and it is a great game (im just taking a rest break). The manager drove to the ups center in the next state just to pick up the order so preorder people could get it today.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='masha']Agree with Trakan. I'll pass on it too. Don't like the hype about it. "Fable this, Fable that ...." Hope I'm wrong and you guys will not regret spending $50 on it. Enjoy the game.[/quote]With all the preorder/first-day-sales you don't have to spend $50. I spent $30 on my prorder at GameRush with the trade in deal they have.[/quote]

It's not like the games you traded in didn't cost you money..[/quote]I actually spent about $18 since I got the trade in credit along with the $30 game at GameRush. :p Also, I think Fry's will have it for $35 on Thursday.

Just to add this game is getting better. My character is at a pub and currently drunk, which you can see. Plus it counts the amout of times you've had sex lol also it counts the amout of times you've vomited from drinking too much and it tells how heavy of a drinker you are.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Just to add this game is getting better. My character is at a pub and currently drunk, which you can see. Plus it counts the amout of times you've had sex lol also it counts the amout of times you've vomited from drinking too much and it tells how heavy of a drinker you are.[/quote]

You're already spending all your game time drinking and fucking?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='fieldkillah']Just to add this game is getting better. My character is at a pub and currently drunk, which you can see. Plus it counts the amout of times you've had sex lol also it counts the amout of times you've vomited from drinking too much and it tells how heavy of a drinker you are.[/quote]

You're already spending all your game time drinking and shaq-fuing?[/quote]I'm planning to boost my sex stats as well. I will spend the next few weeeks fucking other women (and men if my character happens to become gay) and I might drink just a little bit. It will be the most fun I've ever had playing a video game. :)

Well to have fun I was drinking but not fucking. heres some pics i took
MVC-003S2.jpg

me drunk
MVC-004S1.jpg

my drinking stats (all those drinks were in less than a five minute time hence the 3 vomits)
MVC-005S1.jpg

my romance stats
since ive last posted my guy has vomited about 4 more times and had about 39 beers (my guy is such a lush) this game is fun just on those merits alone.

bread's done
Back