Fable=no multiplayer

How was it going to be multiplayer? Would it be a seperate quest with two people, or could a friend jump in and out a la secret of mana?

I don't mind that it is not multi-player. I played morrowind and beat 3 of the endings(240+ hours) and it was not multi-player. I am holding out for true fantasy live for multi-player if they ever decide to release it.

[quote name='Spiritseed']I don't mind that it is not multi-player. I played morrowind and beat 3 of the endings(240+ hours) and it was not multi-player. I am holding out for true fantasy live for multi-player if they ever decide to release it.[/quote]

thats pretty hardcore

"Fable will feature split-screen cooperative play for up to four players, although since only one player can be the lead character, others will appear as "alter egos" able to help out in combat situations, earn experience points, and heal the main character, but they will be unable to interact with nonplayer characters in villages and the like. The game will feature an intriguing mechanic whereby the alter ego player doing the most to help out the lead character earns points for doing so and then gets to have the next turn at taking the lead--ensuring that the game is both cooperative and competitive simultaneously and encouraging all of the players participating to do their fair share of the work. Players will also be able to switch control of the lead character as they please, which Molyneux explained might be necessary if, for example, one of the characters was evil enough to scare people away just by walking into a village where the players were actually hoping to get some information by talking to people." -Gamespot

eh, my other friends refuse to play on my xbox so i dont really care. they are ignorant fools. also i pray to god this game doesnt turn out like morrowind. novel idea but terrible execution.

Darn, I was hoping Fable would take the place of Mario Kart as the multiplayer game in my house.

Seriously, when they were talking about making it have multiplayer elements...it sounded violently stupid.

I think it was Peter just spinning the ol' hype machine that...once again...will have to be changed to fit how the actually arrives.

I'm pretty sure the multiplayer was also supposed to be like Animal Crossing. Different ppl could play in the same world, and see what the other characters have done, but they can't actually be playing it at the same time.

I'm with Flip. I would rather play these type of games solo. This doesn't bother me at all. I don't have Xbox Live anyways so I never really cared in the first place.

[quote name='magilacudy']When is it supposed to come out. I'm anxiously awaiting trying out this 'ultimate' rpg.[/quote]

I'd have to go wiht half past never. But the "official" release date is sometime in June.

[quote name='st0neface']According to Gamespot, June 15th.[/quote]

Gamespot's release schedule is based on EBgames.com's schedule unless its the rare occasion the company announces the real date before EB can update.

Frankly I'm glad it's gone. I dont like multiplayer screwing up my epic-type RPGs, and I'm a solo flyer when it comes to the genre anyway. If I did do multiplayer it'd have to be a separate feature anyway, preferably remotely-accessed without same-screen activity.

And also frankly, if you have to scratch Fable "off your list" because it lost multiplayer, you're not part of the target demographic anyway and no tears should be shed for you.

Hopefully this will reduce production time so we can actually get it on the date announced.

bread's done
Back