Fable review is up at TeamXbox and IGN

Fable was one of the two reasons I got an Xbox finally (Sudeki was the other). This game better live up to the hype... well actually it better live up to my standards, I find that the hype can be very misleading and that even if a game gets 9/10 or 10/10 it can still be crap in my book. So Fable just better be the game I'm hoping for.

I was going to get the GCN metroid bundle, but then I decided to get this and Burnout 3 instead.

Am I wise?

[quote name='JohnHam']I was going to get the GCN metroid bundle, but then I decided to get this and Burnout 3 instead.

Am I wise?[/quote]

Well if you went by gamerankings, Metroid Prime is the highest rated game ever... but to each his own i say.

[quote name='JohnHam']I was going to get the GCN metroid bundle, but then I decided to get this and Burnout 3 instead.

Am I wise?[/quote]

Personally I would have gotten the Metroid Bundle but Burnout 3, from what I played of the Demo, is going to kick ass.

IMO you may better off with gamcube bundle, personally I think its a great deal, and there are alot great cheap gamecube games out there, by the time you are sick of those, burnout 3 and Fable may drop drastically in price

Am I wise?[/quote]

Nope.

On a scale of 1-10, your a .5

You should have gone with Metroid Bundle. Metroid Prime is far greater then what Burnout 3 will be and Metroid Prime 2 is just going to be mind blowing!

Am I wise?[/quote]

Hah! I got the Metroid Bundle, Fable, and 2 other games. :eek:

I hope Fable does get good scores. I'm hoping to preorder this game tomorrow, if the reviews are good. $30 at GameRush. If the review score is an 8 or higher, I'll preorder without a doubt.

Dude, don't believe the hype for Metroid Prime. I got the game when it first came out and is one of my biggest regrets ever. I enjoyed Eternal Darkness much more.

I knew I would be happy with this game!!!!!
I never had a doubt......................................
well not much of one.
Come on Sep. 14th!!!!!!

Way too long to read at work, but nice scores and the overall comments were informative. By the time I get an Xbox and am ready to play this, it'll be $20. I can't wait!!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Preordered a few days ago at mtv shop, about $33 for the game after discounts.[/quote]

What discounts did you use?

not trying to sound like a dick, but let Gamespot tear into it before buying.

IGN's Xbox channel has a way of OVERINFLATING scores.

Remember Raw, Raw 2, Blinx, and the list goes on and on

[quote name='CaseyRyback']not trying to sound like a dick, but let Gamespot tear into it before buying.

Remember Raw, Raw 2, Blinx, and the list goes on and on[/quote]

Not to mention their love of Molyneux. I mean, they gave Black & White a 9.7 and it was terrible, so Fable has to be even worse with it's 9.3.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='CaseyRyback']not trying to sound like a dick, but let Gamespot tear into it before buying.

Remember Raw, Raw 2, Blinx, and the list goes on and on[/quote]

Not to mention their love of Molyneux. I mean, they gave Black & White a 9.7 and it was terrible, so Fable has to be even worse with it's 9.3.[/quote]

almost every review site was guilty of overrating B&W

Nice start of reviews for Fable, though I don't put much stock in either companies review sites. Still, if IGN had come out and only given it a score in the 7 range, than that would be cause for big concern considering I usually dock a point or two off their scores generally. I personally think the game will end up being a very good game, but not worthy of a 9.

The review says that Fable is:

Fable is Live Aware, but there will be no additional quests provided via downloadable content

What exactly is Live Aware?

I have a feeling this is going to be a solid game. It may not be the be-all, end-all game that was hyped, but it looks pretty good. I'm definitely picking it up.

Wasnt Fable suppose to be the THE BEST RPG EVER exclaimed the developer, well what a dissapointment and 22 hours to complete it sounds more like a rental or wait till the price drops

[quote name='dsullo']The review says that Fable is:

Fable is Live Aware, but there will be no additional quests provided via downloadable content

What exactly is Live Aware?[/quote]
I dont have Live, but I think that if your playing a game with Live Aware people on Live can see your playing an Xbox game and send you an invitation to play an online game.
And I would also like to know what discounts sblymnlcrymnl used with the Mtv shop.

Nice scores. That is enough good scores for me to preorder at GameRush for $30.

YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

From IGN... "No, it's not even the best RPG on Xbox (KOTOR's engaging story retains that crown)." Ouch. Fable has way to much hype behind it to be live up to expectations, and when you think about all that was cut out from this game.... I can think of a dozen games I'd rather play before this one.

Well I finally finished reading both reviews, and Im a little disapointed by what they have taken out of Fable. It still looks like a good game, and I plan on getting it.

hmm why does GTA: VIce city get such high scores, that is one of the most over hype game EVER, maybe a 8 if lucky

Different strokes for different folks, and Im stroken away with this game

[quote name='int80h']Here's the real question: Should I get Tales of Symphonia next or Fable?[/quote]

IMO you should wait for Fable. Of course it doesn't have everything it was supposed to have but what are sequels for??? Also the guy at IGN Loves the game. And he had minor complaints.

For the guy who said that it was only 20-22 hours long. The developers made it like that so the game can appeal to everyone! And he said if you rushed it but the game can have as much as 100 hours and each time you play it you play something different.[/u][/i]

I still think the games going to be a blast and definately a entertaining expierence if nothing else....It's going to be hard trying to rid my mind of all the big expectations I had for the game...but in the end I'm sure I'll still be enjoying myself...

I'm just going to make it a point to STOP reading any more reviews until I play the game myself..

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Well, the opening reviews look solid, but not groundbreaking. Looks like they watered it downt o get it out the door.[/quote]

It was pretty obvious that this was happening .. oh.. a year or more ago..

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='dsullo']The review says that Fable is:

What exactly is Live Aware?[/quote]
I dont have Live, but I think that if your playing a game with Live Aware people on Live can see your playing an Xbox game and send you an invitation to play an online game.
And I would also like to know what discounts sblymnlcrymnl used with the Mtv shop.[/quote]

Do a search on mtv and you will find the deal on here. Basically, if you spend 50 bucks, they take a little over 8 bucks off your total. Then, they had a 10% code you could use and also shipping was free.

Stupid IGN and their 8 PAGES of review. Damnit. I wish they'd wrap it up in 2 or 3 pages tops instead of writing a damn novel about the thing.

Because of the reviews, I preordered the game for $30 at GameRush and to my suprise, they had the limited edition DVD if you preorder. It had the GameRush logo on the front. I didn't have a clue that anyone besides EB and GS had these. I'm happy.

[quote name='mmn']Stupid IGN and their 8 PAGES of review. Damnit. I wish they'd wrap it up in 2 or 3 pages tops instead of writing a damn novel about the thing.[/quote]

And reading the full review left me a bit confused as to where the 9.3 came from exactly. Then I realized that it was written by fanboy Hilary Goldstien, who obvoiusly wanted to rate it high no matter what.

Issues that apparently don't figure into lowering the score:

1) Extremely easy. "Challenge you to die" he says at one point.

2) Repetitive, monotonous dealings with NPCs. He says repetitive a LOT in this review.

3) Framerate jumps and crummy models and animations (except for the main character and enemies)

4) Nothing to do but putz around with NPCs after you finish the quests

5) Inconsistent or overly rapid aging

This is not to say I'm not still interested in playing Fable, but it seems to me that the 9.3 was somewhat inflated.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='mmn']Stupid IGN and their 8 PAGES of review. Damnit. I wish they'd wrap it up in 2 or 3 pages tops instead of writing a damn novel about the thing.[/quote]

And reading the full review left me a bit confused as to where the 9.3 came from exactly. Then I realized that it was written by fanboy Hilary Goldstien, who obvoiusly wanted to rate it high no matter what.

Issues that apparently don't figure into lowering the score:

1) Extremely easy. "Challenge you to die" he says at one point.

2) Repetitive, monotonous dealings with NPCs. He says repetitive a LOT in this review.

3) Framerate jumps and crummy models and animations (except for the main character and enemies)

4) Nothing to do but putz around with NPCs after you finish the quests

5) Inconsistent or overly rapid aging

This is not to say I'm not still interested in playing Fable, but it seems to me that the 9.3 was somewhat inflated.[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing...he kept mentioning how repetitive it was, how off balance it can be..but at the heart of it all I think the 9.3 basically came from the fact that, despite the faults, he was having a blast thorugh and through. Maybe it's just the expierence or maybe it's the last 4 years he's been waiting...

bread's done
Back