Fable review is up at TeamXbox and IGN

[quote name='bluenatas09']
I was wondering the same thing...he kept mentioning how repetitive it was, how off balance it can be..but at the heart of it all I think the 9.3 basically came from the fact that, despite the faults, he was having a blast thorugh and through. Maybe it's just the expierence or maybe it's the last 4 years he's been waiting...[/quote]

I also found it entertaining that he kept gushing about how great it was when the NPCs actually said something different. Well no kidding, it's like if someone was continuously hitting you on the head with a wiffle bat, then all of a sudden stopped, you'd be happy too.

[quote name='JohnHam']I was going to get the GCN metroid bundle, but then I decided to get this and Burnout 3 instead.

Am I wise?[/quote]

No . . . I'd say get the GC now to play Metroid now (sell the demo disc and get $10 off your sys) plus having a GC will broaden your gaming possibilities (play cheap but good games like Rogue Squadron 2, Pikmin, Zelda . . .)

I'll get Fable when its $20 next summer ($15 if GGC still exists . . . $12 if Target still does rainchecks :)

Buy Burnout 3 for $10 next clearance cycle :lol:

[quote name='WildWop']
I also found it entertaining that he kept gushing about how great it was when the NPCs actually said something different. Well no kidding, it's like if someone was continuously hitting you on the head with a wiffle bat, then all of a sudden stopped, you'd be happy too.[/quote]

ha, yea. Like I said though, I'll still be picking up my preorder...I guess after watching that DVD, reading a couple of things online, AND following the Fable for last couple of years.. has rubbed off on me....if nothing else I still might get a kick out of randomly lopping off everyones head

The reviews are pretty good. I have a real good feeling the game won't live up to the hype. very few games do. But I think the game will be cool none the less.

I have such a hard time beleaving IGN now, They can be waaaaaaaaaaay off on their reviews, Didn't they give Grabbed by the Ghoulies a good review?. and Getting a review from a Xbox site is still pretty iffy for me, I mean any group who does just one console always seems to give the games a better rateing then some one who reviews multi-platforms.

But anyway I'm not going to pass judgement untill I actually play it. If it winds up sucking oh well I guess I can always trade it in and hopefully get at least $40 for it. =/

Seems like the game is still awesome, but low 9's because more was promised and wasn't delievered. It will probably still be one of the best RPGS out there, maybe RPG of the year unless KOTOR2 can beat it when its out.

[quote name='chunlirocks']In FABLE, the main character has a NICE package :shock:[/quote] :? Thanks for your deep insight as always Kenny. Now we send it back to John. John, what is possibly going on over there.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Seems like the game is still awesome, but low 9's because more was promised and wasn't delievered. It will probably still be one of the best RPGS out there, maybe RPG of the year unless KOTOR2 can beat it when its out.[/quote]

Or Jade Empire, which is by the original KOTOR team..

All I can say is that I'm glad I pre-ordered my copy back when. Also, that guy's higher than hell if he really thinks KOTOR is the best RPG right now for X-box, Morrowind is god of the genre.

[quote name='BLarR']All I can say is that I'm glad I pre-ordered my copy back when. Also, that guy's higher than hell if he really thinks KOTOR is the best RPG right now for X-box, Morrowind is god of the genre.[/quote]

Morrowind is overrated crap.

[quote name='mmn']
Morrowind is overrated crap.[/quote]

I wouldn't say it was "crap"...theres soo much to do it's easy to get overwhelmed

[quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='WildWop']
I also found it entertaining that he kept gushing about how great it was when the NPCs actually said something different. Well no kidding, it's like if someone was continuously hitting you on the head with a wiffle bat, then all of a sudden stopped, you'd be happy too.[/quote]

ha, yea. Like I said though, I'll still be picking up my preorder...I guess after watching that DVD, reading a couple of things online, AND following the Fable for last couple of years.. has rubbed off on me....if nothing else I still might get a kick out of randomly lopping off everyones head[/quote]That DVD really made me want it more. Also, the disk has alot of demos and trailers on it that I thought were really cool. I got this game and the DVD for $30. It would have to bomb pretty badly for it not to be worth it. The review scores are still very good, and once the game comes out, I think it will be better than some of you think it will be.

I've never even played Morrowind, so I need to pick that up soon. I just have to beat the stack of games I have right now before I buy it.

KOTOR will (probably) be a good game but I don't think it will be GOTY since it uses the same engine and everything. They're only going to use new force powers, a little bit greater graphics and a kick-ass storyline.

I still can't see why some things are cut. For instance, the Dragon battle..that just sounded really neat...how hard could it of been to just include a boss battle with a dragon..? They only had 4 years...

Does anyone have a link to an article about the game when it first was announced and everthing they said was going to be included? I would like to see what all has been cut from the game.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Does anyone have a link to an article about the game when it first was announced and everthing they said was going to be included? I would like to see what all has been cut from the game.[/quote]

I was going to do a search on that...BUT...come on, do you really want to know? I thought about maybe reading about it AFTER I played it and all because all that article will do is SEVERLY piss me off...

[quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='mmn']

I wouldn't say it was "crap"...theres soo much to do it's easy to get overwhelmed[/quote]

There's a lot to do, which is great, but there are also a LOT of walking. Far too much walking. Often you can walk and walk and walk and not find anything at all. Is that immersive? I didn't really think so.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='mmn']

I wouldn't say it was "crap"...theres soo much to do it's easy to get overwhelmed[/quote]

There's a lot to do, which is great, but there are also a LOT of walking. Far too much walking. Often you can walk and walk and walk and not find anything at all. Is that immersive? I didn't really think so.[/quote]

Not to mention it actually takes a while to really get into it. And yes..the walking blows..LOTS of walking..and also..the game just feels empty somehow. ALL those characters, all those monsters..but you still just feel lonely.

[quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='WildWop'][quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='mmn']

There's a lot to do, which is great, but there are also a LOT of walking. Far too much walking. Often you can walk and walk and walk and not find anything at all. Is that immersive? I didn't really think so.[/quote]

Not to mention it actually takes a while to really get into it. And yes..the walking blows..LOTS of walking..and also..the game just feels empty somehow. ALL those characters, all those monsters..but you still just feel lonely.[/quote]

I'd wholeheartedly agree with this. I hated wandering about looking for something and missing it completely. I just got sick of that and gave up. Plus those stupid birds that would always attack you, I got annoyed having to stop and kill them.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000'][quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='WildWop'][quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='mmn']

Not to mention it actually takes a while to really get into it. And yes..the walking blows..LOTS of walking..and also..the game just feels empty somehow. ALL those characters, all those monsters..but you still just feel lonely.[/quote]

I'd wholeheartedly agree with this. I hated wandering about looking for something and missing it completely. I just got sick of that and gave up. Plus those stupid birds that would always attack you, I got annoyed having to stop and kill them.[/quote]

exactly. I give the game credit for being so open ended...but still..I wouldn't mind a little bit of direction from time to time. The first time I encountered one of those birds it took me by suprise and it was neat..but after the 500th random bird I had to swat it...it just got a little old.

bread's done
Back