Fable: The Lost Chapters XBOX $5.98 SHIPPED!

dragonsho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Hi, this is my first deal thread.

www.familyvideo.com has Fable: The lost chapters for xbox for $9.99

BUT

If you are a new customer, you can use the coupon

NEWPGMEM

for $5 off your order. This can also be applied to any item on their site on their site as long as you're a new member and the item's $5 or more.

Shipping is $0.99 so that brings it to a total of $5.98.

Here's a link to fable on their site

https://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=201103

This is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere so I thought I'd post it. I just ordered mine and will update when I receive it.

Edit:
Here's their feedback on resellerratings
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Family_Video

I think Family Video is new only. Great game when I got it for 14.99 back in like late 2004, well worth a play-through.

[quote name='onikage']Does this include all the content from the first release?[/quote]

Yes and more.

If you're wondering on whether to get this or not read my review here.

[quote name='Rozz']If you're wondering on whether to get this or not read my review here.[/quote]

Already got the game (from Family Video too...same promotion earlier in the summer) and still haven't played it...Looks like I might and see how the review stacks up

Oh and to those unaware it came new

[quote name='Manatee x360a.org']This is definitely a buy for any 360 owners. It plays well and looks excellent in Hi-def on the emulator.[/QUOTE]

So Fable TLC works on 360 all the way? Any hitches? Want to play it before Fable 2 is out.

That's kinda tempting. I've already got Fable and thought it was pretty fun, but I dunno if the extra goodies are worth $6.

My friends had a lot of fun with this game. The game never rivaled the promises made about it but it was still a fun adventure all the same. Played through it two or three times on the computer.

[quote name='solsovly']It's a fun game, played it on PC. The xbox version suffers from some pretty bad load times though.[/quote]
Yeah.... the load times are pretty bad when played on a 360. The game also tends to lag when too much is going on at one time... it can be frustrating but the game is worth much more than 5 or 6 bucks.

Excellent, Excellent Game. LOVED LOVED LOVED that game. It's somewhat like Oblivion, but not in a way. Can't wait for Fable 2

It's roughly this price at Circuit City B&M too (though I guess we're feuding with them-don't mean to belittle that, I'm just not sure of the situation).

[quote name='nnthomas']So Fable TLC works on 360 all the way? Any hitches? Want to play it before Fable 2 is out.[/quote]

I just got through playing this on my 360, and I didn't have any major problems. There are sound glitches pretty frequently, but for less than a second. It also froze up on me once in 12 hours of gameplay, which isn't any worse than some 360 games.

[quote name='nnthomas']So Fable TLC works on 360 all the way? Any hitches? Want to play it before Fable 2 is out.[/quote]

When I played, there was a periodic blast of white noise and the framrate would drop from time to time. Rather annoying and made it unplayable for an audiophile like myself. Not sure if this was patched as it has been awhile.

I was looking to get this for $10 - 15 used at EB today, but all they had was Fable (no Lost Chapters) for $10. But now I found this, and I'm in for one. Thanks OP!

[quote name='luffy_kun']too bad they dont have the pc version. anyone know where to get that for cheap?[/quote]

About everywhere has it for $20, I guess you can use like a 10% off coupon or something that are usually all over the place.

CC had this on sale last month or so for $7.60 or something like that and I picked it up then. It plays well on my 360, although I've had it crash a number of times during extended play sessions - so remember to do a save occasionally. It does autosave for you though every so often, which is lucky for me as once I crashed and realised I didn't manually save in the last 3-4 hours!

A fun game in my opinion (although the shield spell does seem overpowered - as long as you keep drinking will potions you can never get hurt really). Now looking forward to Fable 2.

Fable runs pretty well on a 360. I only noticed a few patches of slowdown that shouldn't have been there, but it was fine.

[quote name='spsummers']Thanks for the info, I used the code to get Brain Age 2 for $13.98 (shipped).:bouncy:[/quote]

...I wish Picross was that price

Thinking of picking this up (although I believe it's also $5.99 used at EB/GS). Does anyone know if this runs widescreen in 1080i/720p on the 360? I hate when you get the hi-def, but then have to deal with the black bars on the sides.

Just got my copy in the mail today. It IS NEW for those of you that were concerned about that. Too bad classes started today.

bread's done
Back