FACTORY XBox repair for $40

jdevlin7756

CAGiversary!
This is a notice for every CAG who has an Xbox. After reading a post from member Sarre:applause: claiming to have gotten a repair for $40 I thought I'd try it out. It turned out to be pretty easy to do.

I called (1-800-4MY-XBOX) and told them that I wanted to pay $40 and that $80 (the standard) was too much. If they try to offer you $60 just tell them that you'd rather spend the money on a PlayStation2 (that got a quick reaction). Expect to spend forever on the phone, but they will do the repair for half price.

FYI, if you don't already know, MS fixes all XBoxs for a flat fee, so no matter what is wrong this will cover it.

No this is not true at all. I was on the phone for over 2 hours and they would not budge on it. I tried every trick in the book, but they did not care. I just went out, traded in my freezing xbox, got extra credit, and bought a brand new one for like $30.00. Much easier tactic.

[quote name='soccerstud652']No this is not true at all. I was on the phone for over 2 hours and they would not budge on it. I tried every trick in the book, but they did not care. I just went out, traded in my freezing xbox, got extra credit, and bought a brand new one for like $30.00. Much easier tactic.[/QUOTE]

just curious, where were you able to even find a new xbox? at a gamestop/ebgames?

One little surprise is that if they reduce the price of the repair, they reduce the coverage window. The normal repair fee covers the Xbox for an additional year after it's been repaired, though if they reduce the repair fee, the coverage window drops to 90 days.

Something to keep in mind when trying to wheel and deal for pricing changes on the repair cost.

bread's done
Back