Fahrenheit 9/11 - Thoughts only if you've seen it.

Micheal Moore's film is only the tip of the iceberg. If you were to do some research yourself, you can find some interesting facts about the government. No one is perfect and you should understand that mistakes were made by the government. Why do the Middle East and other foreign countries have Anti-USA feelings? Though Micheal Moore's film might not be 100% accurate, you have to understand that's there some truth to it.

Finally saw the film this weekend.
Its pretty depressing that this is what our country has become.

I think Kerry should make a campaign ad out the clip of Bush and My Pet Goat..

They can put a tagline on the ad "This is your Commander-In-Chief in a time of crisis".
mypetgoat.jpg

I saw it this past weekend and is still resonating in my head...The whole administration and circle of Saudis that are connected with all the money (and those companies) should be gone and Bush(shit) never should've been in office in the first place.

[quote name='Storamin']Complete waste of time. I don't buy into the whole liberal bullshit. And no, I haven't seen this waste of time. If I could, I would probaly exercise my 2nd amendment and shoot his fat ass. Shoot him in the god damn head with a 22 and see if he exploded properly. I've never shot something that fat. Documentary MY ASS.[/quote]

^ The average Bush supporter.

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='Storamin']Complete waste of time. I don't buy into the whole liberal bullshit. And no, I haven't seen this waste of time. If I could, I would probaly exercise my 2nd amendment and shoot his fat ass. Shoot him in the god damn head with a 22 and see if he exploded properly. I've never shot something that fat. Documentary MY ASS.[/quote]

^ The average Bush supporter.[/quote]

I agree. Isn't it sad that someone think the 2nd amendment gives them the right to shoot people? But I'm glad that he said that, it makes my views seem a little more justified.

Michael Moore himself has said that this is not a documentary. He classifies it as non-fiction. And he has never claimed to present both sides of the issue. He thinks Bush needs to be voted out of office and wants everyone to know why.

Just FYI:

2nd ammendment is the right to form militias and was put in with the intention of keeping the government in check, not giving every nutcase a gun and letting them kill people.

Well I haven't read pass page one (extremly lazy), so soory if this has been mentioned, but Moore's kinda famous for stretching the truth and in some cases; flat out lying, in his docs. I belive it was said somewhere that BFC was around 20% actual fact :shock:.

FH 9/11 is a bush hating piece of entertainment, viewing it as a true doc is like saying the sims is a 100% accurate representation of real life.

The movie only further fuels the bush hating flames. It's far too one sided to really do any good. It's almost as though Moore has just about given up and just made one large long rant.

EDIT: further exploration of this entire board only proves one thing: we as a cheap ass community know jack-squat about politics (I'm including myself into the mix). This will be my only post here as everything is heavly one sided and quite frankly, I make my own decisions. I don't go with flow, rather I like to hear from both sides before making a decision, seeing as all election coverage has been about bashing bush, with no real info on kerry, I've just decided to hell with it, I'm voting for the 3rd party.

There is apparently some sort of monetary prize for anyone who can find any lies in Farenheit 9/11 (clips of Bush speaking don't count).

I doubt you have seen the movie.

okay, one last post here can't hurt.

There's a part in the film in which moore talks about Bush and the goverment helping to fly out saudi's right after 9/11, including members of the bin laden family. That was NOT Bush's doing, but rather a single other person (can't remember his name) made the call, without informing any key goverment member, including GW.

I'm not a bush hater, nor a supporter, I just sit on the fence and analize both sides. I learned long ago that news industry is just a giant farce, saying what ever it needs to in order to have more viewer's.

-Never4ever- - you know, your position sounds very morally high-minded, and fair, and evenhanded and all that, to someone with say, no experience in anything. You've said basically that both sides suck, and none of us know jack, so it doesn't matter.

So, on the surface, I see the appeal. Complex issue, and it's not "partisan" to say that both sides suck. By and large, even, it's true - both sides have some pretty serious faults.

But...

Your position is fundamentally the most intellectually and morally vacant position a person can take. Apathy doesn't get you anywhere, and assuming that no one knows what they're talking about, because *you* don't know what you're talking about isn't particularly productive. I'm quite educated about the current political climate. I read a *lot* about it, because it has a tremendous fundamental impact on our lives, on a daily basis.

NOT knowing about politics is, unfortunately, consigning yourself to ignorance out of apathy, laziness, or some desire to hand over the reins of power to those that are going to bother to take them. You consign yourself into a position of submission. EXACTLY WHERE THE POLITICAL MACHINE WANTS YOU TO BE.

The less you know, the more power they have. The less you take action, the more power they have. The more ignorant you are, the more power they have. This isn't the view of a conspiracy-minded person, either - it's a simple, indisputable fact.

If you were to say that you understood and analyzed the issues based on a number of sources, and came to conclusions based on those, that left you outside the realm of either party - fine. But that's not the position you've taken, as far as I can tell. You've simply opted for the lazy moral high ground of vapid apathy.

seppo

You see, the problem with politics is it's a game, a complex series of mind games filled with deceit and lies. I've learned a long time ago to take nothing at face value. You're right, I am lazy, too lazy to shift through the sea of lies to find the lone drop of truth, so I say fuck it, let them handle it.

shit has a habit of working out (I can't remeber whom it was that said this).

What I said still stands: we as a community know less than nothing when it comes to true politics.

bread's done
Back