"Failed to Load Level" (LBP) Ah, shit...

DarkNessBear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Ahhhhhh crap;

Just finished up Little Dead Space 2 (around 40 or so hours of work). My thermometer was JUST about full.

I did some stuff and tried to rewind (like 10 times) than it wouldn't let me rewind any further, so I just exited to my pod, but it didn't ask to discard changes (weird). So I try to load my level back up and it says "Failed to load level"... I quit the game (to XMB) and rejoined, tried again "failed to load level". Restarted PS3; "Failed to load level" !

fuck! Please, if anyone know's ANYTHING please let me know.

I've backed it up before this happened, but in the last 10-20 hours of work I haven't backed it up. Ergh, so I'll have to redo my last 10-15 so hours of work (which = not fun).
Please work your CAG magic!

THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait for the patch that is coming out in the coming weeks. You either have to start from the beginning and learn from your mistakes, or you can try to call up MM via their forums.

They said their future update will fix this problem plus many more...no one knows when the update is out though. :(

Sorry mate.

I had to restart the game 3 times because I got "failed to load trophy" error.

Thanks, I've contacted MM.

*sigh*, well I'm going to start redoing the huge ass chunk that got deleted... hopefully MM can respond with an answer soon...

Ugh, the boss battle I made was so good. Damnit.

As much as I love LBP, that game is broken...

...laggy as hell online, save files claiming you copied from another user, levels not loading...etc.

This is my GOTY too...fix it MM.

Well, it was worth a shot.

The bug has no viable work around (didn't know if it was the same, but it appears so), sadly. Until, as PoH said, they put out a patch. A friend of mine managed to get back into his later (absolutely no reason why), so don't delete it out of frustration... but chances are you're in a waiting game at this point... for either a patch, magic fixing or a MM response to help you salvage the level (very unlikely, unfortunately, given the already poor support on the larger scale).

As much as I love LBP, that game is broken...
...laggy as hell online, save files claiming you copied from another user, levels not loading...etc.
I had similar problems with Fallout 3. Freezing up, quest glitches preventing me from finishing them, failing to load, getting STUCK in random places and being unable to move. Overall, games have really been annoying me lately... which is why I'm about to take a massive hiatus from them.

I believe I read on Joystiq that the epic patch we're waiting for isn't out until some time in February. No exact date though. I would be surprised if Mm didn't get back to you. Last I checked, your Dead Space Level was #2 as far as number of hearts go.

I had to delete my savegame to play LBP recently. I couldn't do anything (game wouldn't load) until I did that. Apparently it happens when you don't exit properly

*Tuned down swearing by 96%*

This game makes me go, "Ergh!"

Just redid at least 30% of what I have lost and I came on today and noticed that all that work is all gone; including my 3 backup saves for it. Yay. (Let's just say remotes were broken). This was due to the "Profile to big" bug, that's just insane.

I'm going to take a break from this game till; a. MM contacts me and revives my corrupted level b. they fix all the problems and I know I can actually WORK on my level
They better fix the issues soon, it's ridiculous to not have a fix ASAP, their game is BROKEN. Little Dead Space 2 is postponed again...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']*Tuned down swearing by 96%*

This game makes me go, "Ergh!"

Just redid at least 30% of what I have lost and I came on today and noticed that all that work is all gone; including my 3 backup saves for it. Yay. (Let's just say remotes were broken). This was due to the "Profile to big" bug, that's just insane.

I'm going to take a break from this game till; a. MM contacts me and revives my corrupted level b. they fix all the problems and I know I can actually WORK on my level
They better fix the issues soon, it's ridiculous to not have a fix ASAP, their game is BROKEN. Little Dead Space 2 is postponed again...[/quote]

Well I can't wait to play it, so I hope everything turns out well.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ya, my hope still lies with Edam. I hope it magically fixes my level.... we shall see.[/QUOTE]

And I hope it magically allows me to play the game again. I still can't even begin the game, let alone load any damn levels :bomb:. I get booted to the XMB when starting it up. Yet my kids can still play, and I can drop into their games. Go figure...

Yeah, publishers are really taking advantage of the ability to patch. Games are released that are completely unfinished/broken. "Oh, we can always patch it later after the customer pays $60 for it"

Well that sucks, I feel for you. It takes alot to do stuff with those levels. Did you do the original Little Dead Space? If so that level was awesome!!

[quote name='HowStern']Yeah, publishers are really taking advantage of the ability to patch. Games are released that are completely unfinished/broken. "Oh, we can always patch it later after the customer pays $60 for it"[/quote]

The thing is they broke it HARDCORE from the MGS DLC pack update, the game never had such bad problems.

Well that sucks, I feel for you. It takes alot to do stuff with those levels. Did you do the original Little Dead Space? If so that level was awesome!!

Thanks a lot sir! Just hope I can put out LDS2 eventually.

bread's done
Back