Fair Game

BlackwaterMerk

CAG Veteran
So i find out theres a vintage game shop called Fair Game about 20 min from where I live, so today I go to check em out. I walk in and immediately spot the Snes section. I look thru the case and expect to see a decent selection since they "Specialize" in vintage games. Well the only thing I saw that intrigued me was Final Fight and FF Mystic Quest, but to my dismay Final Fight was priced at $15 and FF Mystic quest..... cart only...... no box or manual..... a whopping $28 So I went over to the ps1 section and what do I see? $70 for FFVII greatest hits $100+ for black label FFVII. I then turned around and went to a thrift store in the same parking lot... unfortunately they seem to have been emptied of all videogames whatsoever. Do people really pay these outrageous prices?

No, that's why they're still available. Used media store near me has a ton of rare and semi-rare PS1 games on their shelves, but the prices are insane. $40 for Silent Hill, at least $60 for incomplete copies of Lunar 2, and $70 for Persona 2. Crazy as hell.

Sounds a bit like VideoGamesNewYork. The place is like a mini-museum and is a must-visit (I took a fellow CAG there when he came to NYC on vacation), but the prices? They tend to range from steep to ridiculous for the retro stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
My theory is that they are holding out for that one person who wants that game really bad and/or doesn't follow the prices that well and thinks any final fantasy is worth money.

Its not how many you can sell its the most you can make on a single copy.
Ohh the greed fills our video games today.

I went to fair game once, they do indeed have good stuff but the prices, wow. First time i'd seen a Jaguar in the wild, but for $90? no thanks.

[quote name='Tempius']My theory is that they are holding out for that one person who wants that game really bad and/or doesn't follow the prices that well and thinks any final fantasy is worth money.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense, and I guess obviously there are enough people who spend like that if these stores can still afford to pay their rent. I try to support my local video game stores, but often times I come to the conclusion that it's simpler (and cheaper) to buy stuff online. The worst offender is a store that often charges more for used games than what you can buy new on Amazon.

The prices don't sound too 'fair'. That's just overpricing. I wouldn't pay for so much for those games even if they were that good
o.gif

bread's done
Back