Fairytale Fights $11 - $15 EB (PS3)

FarmhouseMedia

CAGiversary!
Well, I was in EB games and saw Fairytale Fights on the PS3 for $15. The Website has it listed even cheaper at $10.98 (This game is still $50 at most stores... Oh also IGN gave the game a 5.1)

The 360 version is listed at $19.99, I didn't see the in-store price.

Clive Barkers Jericho on PS3 was $4.89 new and $2.99 used.

AC/DC track pack for ALL systems $4.89

Judging by the demo I've played of this game, It should never have been more than $10 in the first place. Hell, it should have been a DL title.

[quote name='Nesmaster']3 Different EB stores had the 360 version for $14.97 yesterday around these parts.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I would have picked this up for 10 but 15 is still too high.

EBgames had this for $10.89 new, in-stores, a few days ago. I went to FutureShop (they have it for $59.99) and got a price match.

5.89+tax after PM

I wonder why they suddenly raised the price for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='matsam']EBgames had this for $10.89 new, in-stores, a few days ago. I went to FutureShop (they have it for $59.99) and got a price match.

5.89+tax after PM

I wonder why they suddenly raised the price for it?[/QUOTE]
Wow. Did you print off the page or just tell them EB has it for 10.89?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Wow. Did you print off the page or just tell them EB has it for 10.89?[/QUOTE]

They actually called the closest EBgames right before they approced the PM and it was $10.89 in-stores that day, so unless you have a lazy cashier at FS who won't bother calling, I don't think it would work anymore...

$5.89 is still too much for this game in my opinion. Only somebody who wants to have every PS3/360 game in their collection should apply in this case.

[quote name='lustyhitter']$5.89 is still too much for this game in my opinion. Only somebody who wants to have every PS3/360 game in their collection should apply in this case.[/QUOTE]

Or trophy whores... :lol:
Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with a game at 6 bucks (especially since the TIV is still higher than that at FS/BB), I guess it should have been a PSN game, maybe it would have been well received in that form? Worst case scenario, I just got myself a PS3 replacement case!

[quote name='matsam']Or trophy whores... :lol:
Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with a game at 6 bucks (especially since the TIV is still higher than that at FS/BB), I guess it should have been a PSN game, maybe it would have been well received in that form? Worst case scenario, I just got myself a PS3 replacement case![/QUOTE]

The trophy/achievement whores probably took advantage of BioShock for $8.99 at FS after a price match. I just don't see how the kids at that other site went crazy over Fairytales Fights, though. I guess they know how to make money with it.

[quote name='lustyhitter']The trophy/achievement whores probably took advantage of BioShock for $8.99 at FS after a price match. I just don't see how the kids at that other site went crazy over Fairytales Fights, though. I guess they know how to make money with it.[/QUOTE]

But wasn't it only worth about $17 for a few days? And a new copy would be like $16...

So what, they make an extra dollar? I guess with no jobs they'll take what they can get in EB credit.

[quote name='matsam']They actually called the closest EBgames right before they approced the PM and it was $10.89 in-stores that day, so unless you have a lazy cashier at FS who won't bother calling, I don't think it would work anymore...[/QUOTE]

From Halifax Nova Scotia here

went to Futureshop and they did a price match and i got it for $10.48 this is what happened when i walked in.

* picked up game * Hi their can i get a pricematch on this game ok how much is it and what store ? 10.98 at gamespot and his reaction was like ummm yea ... so he got some other guy to help me i guess the manager perhaps i dunno or the guy was helping someone else so he got another guy. the guy was like yea that's too low of a price i wanna check this out so he looked and was like wow i'm surprised they have the game for this low.

so he tried their website to look up by area code and it said that gamestop has none left i can't get it too work right now ( I didn't know they had this function on the Gamestop website ) . he never bothered too call at all so the $5 you got it for was a great deal but he said he can give it exactly $10.48 so i save very few cash.

haha right after words the guy even told me your the only one too be getting this deal basicly cause after words we now know that it's too much of a cheaper price else where too match ( i believe this is what he said ) but i think he also mentioned letting other stores know about the crazy price reduction.

got it for the Trophies too hehe. Thanks for the Heads up OP ! :D

If I see this in stores I'll pick it up. I rented it on 360 and it was somewhat entertaining with a couple of friends. Definitely not worth more than $15, but still pretty cool.

Picked this up new for 360, $15. The EB I went to hadn't updated the prices yet, they were still labeled $59.99. lol.

The game isn't going to blow you away, but if you liked Castle Crashers and have a co-op buddy/gf it's worth picking up.

Tip: The right Thumbstick does not control the direction of your attacks... The Left one does, so always point that stick towards the guy you want to attack.

bread's done
Back