fake DualShock 3 sold from Walmart?

DuffHomer

CAG Newbie
Before anyone starts asking, I bought 2 of these and they are both seem to be fake, still wondering to myself wtf because before I walked out the door I checked the sides of the top it both sides had a circular seal. Right out of the box I noticed the back of the controller looks completely different labeled as model no. CECHZC2H. The buttons feel very cheap of course, especially L3 and R3 buttons.

Unless some clueless walmart employee took back both of these fake controllers and put a new circular sticker around sides of blue box, I'm a bit confused here and wondering how they offer to return these 2 fake dual shock 3's I just bought. They were the last ones also!

it looks like this one right here in the video, the blue one :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwfo1h1RFi8

Employees will seldom do such a thorough check to see if the model no is the correct one when doing a return, much less expecting it done at Walmart. Unlike other stores, Walmart return center don't usually have somebody check the product being returned unless something is completely off and they have to call somebody over for it, so I can totally see them taking it back not knowing it was probably exchanged out for a fake one in the process.

The people who work the return desks at Walmart and Target are pretty clueless as to what to look for with any kinds of electronics. When I worked at Target ages ago, it wasn't uncommon for our return desk to take back N64 games with Sega Genesis Carts inside the box. Once our return desk took back an N64 system that was just the empty cardboard box stuffed with bricks inside. With a sophisticated fake like that, they have absolutely no chance at identifying it as fake.

When I worked at Kmart, someone took a PS3 system back as a return and it was packed with a fake PS3 controller (I would always inspect the hell out of returned systems, it's insane what kind of things people would do). The controller only worked plugged in via USB (aka no bluetooth), and was missing all mentions of Sony and the legal stuff on the back.

bread's done
Back