Fake or Real GBA games? Post them here ! Get 'em off of Ebay!

The Zelda one is definitely bootleg. It has different box art than the regular version(plus the E in the ERSB rating is too crooked). It even has the real box art listed in the description.

As for Pokemon LG, that's hard to see that it's a bootleg(but it is). One, the Nintendo logo is on the wrong side of the box. Two, it should mention Wi-Fi on the box(this one doesn't).

You can report those to ebay, and Nintendo has an email address on their site for bootleg game auctions as well.

[quote name='tangytangerine']The Zelda one is definitely bootleg. It has different box art than the regular version(plus the E in the ERSB rating is too crooked). It even has the real box art listed in the description.

As for Pokemon LG, that's hard to see that it's a bootleg(but it is). One, the Nintendo logo is on the wrong side of the box. Two, it should mention Wi-Fi on the box(this one doesn't).[/quote]

You also forgot that pokemon leafgreen is in a green cart.

[quote name='allout1986']How is this a bootleg. Looks legit to me. There is the part number, the box is the original... only thing that I can tell is that it is the 6 page manual. Still doesn't look bootleg to me.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the best quality made bootleg.I know for fact that this is bootleg because my brother bought a copy similar to this one in a mom and pop store.Everything look good with the nintendo logo in cart,abg letter code and decent ink quality,but when you inspect closely, it has lamadated box,3-6 page manual,no offical nintendo symbol underneath the cart,and wrong label image unlike this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-MARIO-WOR...053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150042736162

[quote name='allout1986']How is this a bootleg. Looks legit to me. There is the part number, the box is the original... only thing that I can tell is that it is the 6 page manual. Still doesn't look bootleg to me.[/quote]

That's what I'm wondering. Everything looks fine. Only way I see someone might think it's a bootleg is if they looked on Gamestop's site for the real art and see that ESRB rating is on the wrong side of the box, but only the player's choice has the rating on that side.

[quote name='fatbeer']This is one of the best quality made bootleg.I know for fact that this is bootleg because my brother bought a copy similar to this one in a mom and pop store.Everything look good with the nintendo logo in cart,abg letter code and decent ink quality,but when you inspect closely, it has lamadated box,3-6 page manual,no offical nintendo symbol underneath the cart,and wrong label image unlike this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-MARIO-WORLD-Mario-Advance-2-Game-Boy-GBA-SP_W0QQitemZ150042736162QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150042736162[/quote]

Gotcha. Makes sense. High quality bootlegs they are.

I've already flagged the auctions that I know for sure.. Looking at the seller's ratings.. They bought .01-.06 auctions to boost their feedback #'s.

bread's done
Back