Fallout 1 free from GOG.com until 4/7

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
link

It was just announced as being free for the next 48 hours during their live stream. It's DRM free and includes the manual, Fallout Bible, and soundtrack.

For new GOG users, they also have a few games that are always free. link*

They are:
  • Teen Agent
  • Lure of the Tempress
  • Beneath a Steel Sky
  • Tyrian 2000
  • Dragonsphere
  • Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar
  • Treasure Adventure Game

*edit: CAG is editing that link. Remove everything after the word free in the URL or select "free games" from the browse games drop down menu on the site.
edit 2: And just like that, no more link editing. I didn't change anything but I'll leave the edit with info up in case it happens to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I clicked the button on the page within about 8 seconds of the guy in the stream saying the word Fallout and loaded an error page. It still added it to my account, but yeah, the site is not happy with the weight of thousands doing the same thing at once.

There's two days to add it to your cart, but unless you absolutely need to play it immediately, it's probably best to give the nice guys at GOG a break and not download it in the next few days.

Was gonna post this in the "game deals" forums (saw it on Reddit) until I decided to check here in the "free stuff" forums. You should post it over there, too, OP; I'm sure more people would be grateful.

[quote name='immanewb']Was gonna post this in the "game deals" forums (saw it on Reddit) until I decided to check here in the "free stuff" forums. You should post it over there, too, OP; I'm sure more people would be grateful.[/QUOTE]

There was a thread created over there when it was announced that they'd be giving away a game today. It was full of discussion during the event when the free game was revealed. Hopefully the person who created it will update the topic so people find it a bit easier.

[quote name='pyoobez']Thanks. Managed to set up an account and add it to my collection. Now if I can dl it eventually...[/QUOTE]

Keep an eye out. They give away games once in awhile. I, or someone else, always starts a thread here when it happens. This is the fifth temporary freebie that I've gotten since joining the site.

They also have a list of games that are always free. I'll add it to the OP.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I already have this game on disc (twice - once from the old days and another from the trilogy pack) but you never know so I might as well add it to my GOG collection.

bread's done
Back