Fallout 3 360 = 54.99?

i think gamestop usually follows the website almost to the tee other then items that are just going on sale, but yeah its 54.99 as of yesterday at my store.

[quote name='majorfalcon']considering it came out...i think 7 or 8 months ago, and also http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75310 (PS3 version is 29.99)

yes. this surprises me. has anyone been in a GS and seen how much theyre sellin for in store?[/QUOTE]

i think they have the ps3 version cheaper because i believe, (i am not 100%) but i believe the 360 version sold alot more, and is still selling better then the ps3 version, so that could be why they dropped the ps3 and not the 360, but again im not 100% sure i am correct on that

It did sell a lot better than the PS3 version, as well, the graphics on the PS3 version had some blotches and blemishes, where as these same blotches/blemishes were non-existent on the 360 version of the game.

I think the lack of all the DLC for the ps3 version has something to do with it as well. People still buy the 360 version for the right to pay more $$$ for the DLC I guess.

I suppose it's worth it, but I'm waiting for the GOTY edition.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i think they have the ps3 version cheaper because i believe, (i am not 100%) but i believe the 360 version sold alot more, and is still selling better then the ps3 version, so that could be why they dropped the ps3 and not the 360, but again im not 100% sure i am correct on that[/QUOTE]

This is most likely the reason, as games like Oblivion ($18 vs. $27) and GTA IV ($20 vs. $35) are considerably cheaper on the PS3 at GS also.

Plus the PS3 only has a very few good exclusives, mainly Metal Gear Solid 4.. so yeah therefor they want to encourage people to buy the PS3 version instead because those versions dont sell nearly as much cause of the vast library the 360 has.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Plus the PS3 only has a very few good exclusives, mainly Metal Gear Solid 4.. so yeah therefor they want to encourage people to buy the PS3 version instead because those versions dont sell nearly as much cause of the vast library the 360 has.[/QUOTE]

Did you just pull that out of your ass? That makes no sense what so ever. What does the PS3 only having "a few good exclusives" have to do with them lowering the price so people will buy it for PS3 over 360? And this is due to the 360 having a more vast library of games? Don't make stupid shit up or if you do, at the very least don't just go spewing shit all over the internet, dumb people will believe you.

This game is worth every penny, I bought it on day one, but you could check your local craigslist, ebay, or pawnshops and get it cheaper.

I tried to get Hollywood Video to pricematch Gamestops 29.99 used to qualify for the 4.99 sale. He said he would take it down to 25 dollars instead. 5 dollars off There were a couple for PS3 and 360. 25$ for it is a steal if you can do it.

[quote name='mission42']Did you just pull that out of your ass? That makes no sense what so ever. What does the PS3 only having "a few good exclusives" have to do with them lowering the price so people will buy it for PS3 over 360? And this is due to the 360 having a more vast library of games? Don't make stupid shit up or if you do, at the very least don't just go spewing shit all over the internet, dumb people will believe you.[/QUOTE]
You mad? lol

[quote name='dennisb407']You mad? lol[/QUOTE]

No, just get sick of people throwing out all kinds of ideas that make no sense at all. Sorry if it came of hostile. :whistle2:#

The 360 to PS3 seems to be fairly universal.

Amazon has the 360 for $56.99 and the PS3 for $44.99.

EDIT: Oh, and NorAm on amazon has it new for right around $51 with shipping. NorAm, for those who don't know, is the company that's buying up trade-in games through amazon. I've purchased from them before, good company and quick service at least from my perspective. (I got TH:AW new from them on the cheap)

Just to add, the GOTY edition is coming in October. The difference is that includes all 5 DLC additions. On the Xbox at a current 800 MS points each that's 4000 points (which is about $50 itself). The GOTY edition is expected to release for $59.99.

So...if you can wait a few months you can
-- a) Buy the GOTY edition and get all the DLC included (currrently a $50 value) or
-- b) Buy all the non-GOTY editions that will surely plummet in price when the GOTY version comes out.

[quote name='mission42']No, just get sick of people throwing out all kinds of ideas that make no sense at all. Sorry if it came of hostile. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
People got to remember that on forum discussion boards, it's almost always opinions rather then facts that are going around. ;)

It's expensive because the 360 version just sold a lot more. I think by January it had sold 1 million on 360 and it still shows up in the 360 top 20 each month.

If you're looking to buy then just wait for the GOTY edition this October. It will cost $60, but will include all 5 DLC packs which are a $50 value by themselves.

[quote name='dualedge2']Currently "semi-exclusive" DLC (PC has it too), sells, I suppose.[/QUOTE]
you don't have need to suppose...it works...
reading.gif

[quote name='dualedge2']Currently "semi-exclusive" DLC (PC has it too), sells, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

PS3 will be getting all of the same "exclusive" DLC this fall. I like how "exclusive" now means that it is "exclusive to one console/store for a certain period of time then everyone will be able to get it after 6 months."

bread's done
Back