Fallout 3 5G install - any way around it?

roachie17

CAGiversary!
Hi, I just bought Fallout 3 for PS3 and found out that it needs a 5Gig install on the hard drive. Unfortunately, there's not enough space and I'm not about to delete Rock Band DLC for this. Is there any way around this so that I can play without the install?

Thanks!

Well, if I remember correctly, it is not a true 5 GB install. But the game saves stuff on your HD as you find it so that it does not have to load from disc. This helps so there are no load times in the MASSIVE world as everything loads from the HD as opposed to off disc.

I don't think there is a way around it though. In the end it is near 5 GB on your drive from all the stuff you come across.

BELOW - Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I know it doesn't install off the top, so I am sure you could still play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='screwkick']I didn't have to do a hd install for fallout 3 on the ps3 slim. Weird...[/QUOTE]

It is not an install... but if you play through the game and then go check your game data... you will see close to 5 gigs hanging out in there. You can delete it and still play the game, but pop in may be increased a bit where it has to reload it off the disc.

Sorry about the confusion. It wasn't an install, it just needed around 5G allocated for save data. It won't let me play without that much space available. Anyway, I deleted some game data and I'm up and running. Thanks to all who replied.

[quote name='roachie17']Hi, I just bought Fallout 3 for PS3 and found out that it needs a 5Gig install on the hard drive. Unfortunately, there's not enough space and I'm not about to delete Rock Band DLC for this. Is there any way around this so that I can play without the install?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

should of waited for the GOTY one in Oct

bread's done
Back