Fallout 3 Collectors Edition 19.99 YMMV

James1701d

CAG Veteran
I was at Sams Club today, and found they had the Fallout 3 collectors edition with the lunchbox, bobble head, and a book, and dvd for 19.99. The price on the sticker was regular price. They need to be scanned. I don't know if it was a computer mistake, or going to be put on sale. Check it out, you might get it real cheap. I don't know what the trade in value is, but I am sure its more than the game at this price. I go it for the PS3, I did not check on other systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flips! Great price, but like Wal-Mart Sam's Club deals are so YMMV its not worth going down there for just a deal.

You can sell just the bobblehead and get your cost back or maybe more.

Wow. If anyone else sees this for $20, shoot me a PM. I might be interested if you would kindly ship it to me for price, shipping, fees, and a little something for the effort. Would definitely prefer the 360 version.

For the same price as Amazon offered the normal edition of Fallout during BF sales hm... Good deal.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I'd rather have a PC copy of the GOTY edition for $20.[/QUOTE]
Then go buy that one! Idiot. Why did you even bother posting on a thread entitled " Fallout 3 Collectors fucking Edition 19.99 YMMV"

Internet people, listen to me, you don't have to type what's on your mind. We really don't give a shit.

[quote name='Frag Rev']Why PC?[/QUOTE]
Well, PCs will always have the better performance honestly. And we all know that games are all about the technical specs, like graphics. On the other hand gameplay, story, etc. all those are negligible.

Damn good price. Just bought this a month ago for the wife.

Excellent for a flip, by the way. The prices are still insane on eBay.

Also, it's $40 :ps3: at WM(YMMV of course).

The flip on eBay isn't that great...

$19.99 at Sam's Club
$49.99 to sell it on eBay
Minus eBay fees
Minus PayPal fees
Plus shipping (it won't be cheap to ship it out)

You're looking at a... $10 profit? I don't think it's worth the hassle. Also, nice find OP. I'll check my local Sam's later to see if they have any.

I've already got the normal and GOTY versions of Fallout, and I'd still think about shelling out $20 for the lunchbox and bobblehead. They're vault-tastic.

[quote name='salazarmark']

Internet people, listen to me, you don't have to type what's on your mind. We really don't give a shit.
[/QUOTE]

:applause: This should be part of the worlds greatest quotes. It's so true.

[quote name='earvcunanan']You're looking at a... $10 profit? I don't think it's worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. A month ago they were listed around $75, but I never bothered to check what people were actually buying them for. It's good for a flip on here though lol.

[quote name='salazarmark']Then go buy that one! Idiot. Why did you even bother posting on a thread entitled " Fallout 3 Collectors fucking Edition 19.99 YMMV"

Well, PCs will always have the better performance honestly. And we all know that games are all about the technical specs, like graphics. On the other hand gameplay, story, etc. all those are negligible.[/QUOTE]Check out the macho Internet big boy typing all angry on his keyboard, putting people in their place. He is quite the paragon of justice in the untamed wastes of the online world.

Get over yourself, kid.

I want the PC version because first-person games control better with a mouse and keyboard. It's not my fault that PC users can use several fingers on both hands to play their games while you're limited to your thumbs because to use more would distract you from remembering to breathe. As for your insipid comment that PC gamers are just about technical specs over gameplay: What?!? Fallout 3 has the same base content regardless of platform, so how can I be choosing style over substance? I get better graphics, sure, but what's you're point, if you even have one? Crysis sucked because it was all eye candy over a dull, stupid game; I never even finished it.

The reason the PC version is best is because of MODS!!! Just adding mods to speed up your walking speed and give you unlimited carrying capacity means instead of wasting time slowly trudging around and having to travel back to your stash to drop off the two new items you found, you just keep exploring and having fun. There are weapons mods, model swaps to make the babes hotter - even one that adds animated prostitution(!!!) - all sorts of stuff available for free, so while you're sitting on your couch buying the DLC and ONLY the DLC, PC gamers are doing all sorts of things console gamers only dream of doing with their locked-down boxes.

Don't hate because you're jealous.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow. If anyone else sees this for $20, shoot me a PM. I might be interested if you would kindly ship it to me for price, shipping, fees, and a little something for the effort. Would definitely prefer the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I will buy this if from you if you find it for $20 for the 360. I will pay for shipping, taxes, and I will also toss in some extra $ for the effort. Please send me a message if you are interested. No Sam's club around me. :(

[quote name='salazarmark']
[/QUOTE]

how ironic..

you say that you don't have to type what's on your mind, yet you go ahead and do so..

I find it hilarious when everyone dives in the thread "if you can find this for me, buy it for me and I'll pay you $20 + shipping" umm no, who do you think we are, your personal errand boys?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against helping fellow CAGs out, but for christ's sake people. Use common sense before you post.

[quote name='earvcunanan']The flip on eBay isn't that great...

$19.99 at Sam's Club
Minus eBay fees
Minus PayPal fees

You're looking at a... $10 profit? I don't think it's worth the hassle. Also, nice find OP. I'll check my local Sam's later to see if they have any.[/QUOTE]

You can use calculated shipping to charge actual shipping costs. When I sold a Guitar Hero bundle earlier this year (they were B2G1 free and I only needed 2), I charged actual shipping rather than the $4.00 limit. There was no way I was shipping a 6 pound box for $4.00.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Check out the macho Internet big boy typing all angry on his keyboard, putting people in their place. He is quite the paragon of justice in the untamed wastes of the online world.

Get over yourself, kid.

It's not my fault that PC users can use several fingers on both hands to play their games while you're limited to your thumbs because to use more would distract you from remembering to breathe.

Don't hate because you're jealous.[/QUOTE]

Hypocrite says what?

[quote name='HydroX']I find it hilarious when everyone dives in the thread "if you can find this for me, buy it for me and I'll pay you $20 + shipping" umm no, who do you think we are, your personal errand boys?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against helping fellow CAGs out, but for christ's sake people. Use common sense before you post.[/QUOTE]

You really shouldn't insult fellow CAGs for doing something that is beyond common place around here or speak on behalf of a community you apparently are not completely in touch with. I've done this plenty of times, and others have done it for me. It's pretty common place. It's not exactly an errand, either. If you happen to be in the store, you buy the item and ship it. Might take a few minutes of your time to package the item and hand it to your postman or drop it off, which is why most people will gladly offer a few extra bucks to compensate.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You really shouldn't insult fellow CAGs for doing something that is beyond common place around here or speak on behalf of a community you apparently are not completely in touch with. I've done this plenty of times, and others have done it for me. It's pretty common place. It's not exactly an errand, either. If you happen to be in the store, you buy the item and ship it. Might take a few minutes of your time to package the item and hand it to your postman or drop it off, which is why most people will gladly offer a few extra bucks to compensate.[/QUOTE]

I'm not insulting them, I'm informing them. Thank you.

It seems like those types of posts are taking over the threads here at CAG lately .. turning us from Cheap Ass Gamer to Cheap Ass Beggar.

I won't lie, I was guilty of the same posts when I first joined the site, but seriously - it gets ridiculous after awhile.

I have a sealed PC version that I got for $20 at Best Buy about 4 months ago, if anyone has a 360 version they would like to trade it for send me a PM.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm not insulting them, I'm informing them. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

You've been here less than a year. We don't need you to inform of us anything. When Cheapy turns the site over to you, then you can let us know how you want things to work around here. Thank you.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You've been here less than a year. We don't need you to inform of us anything. When Cheapy turns the site over to you, then you can let us know how you want things to work around here. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, here comes the WAAAAHHH-mbulance.

You're taking my words too literal. Loosen your suspenders, Eggbert.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You've been here less than a year. We don't need you to inform of us anything. When Cheapy turns the site over to you, then you can let us know how you want things to work around here. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the support! There is no need for people to get nasty about asking for favors. If you don't want to help out a fellow CAG member, don't; just don't be a jerk about it if other people are a heck-of-a-lot nicer than you.

[quote name='latin trident']Thanks for the support! There is no need for people to get nasty about asking for favors. If you don't want to help out a fellow CAG member, don't; just don't be a jerk about it if other people are a heck-of-a-lot nicer than you.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's turnabout. I recall asking for help when I first joined up and got bombarded with insults/nasty PMs. And a lot of those were directed from a certain poster who ran a certain clearance thread.

I don't go quite that far, but the jist I got was that "begging" was frowned upon.

This thread is caustic and cantankerous all at once. Oh shit... I just posted what I was thinking.

I just got the regular ps3 version off goozex and would love to track down this deal, but I'm a costco member not sam's.

[quote name='rothgar24']This thread is caustic and cantankerous all at once. Oh shit... I just posted what I was thinking.

[/QUOTE]

Heh.

Is a sealed PS3 Fallout Collectors Edition worth anything? I have had mine sitting on the shelf since Blockbuster did there crazy new game deal in April.. I think i paid $35 for it.

[quote name='latin trident']Thanks for the support! There is no need for people to get nasty about asking for favors. If you don't want to help out a fellow CAG member, don't; just don't be a jerk about it if other people are a heck-of-a-lot nicer than you.[/QUOTE]

No problem, boss. I didn't even know anyone else asked for a pick-up, though, to be quite honest. I did on the first page, and I will continue to do so. And I will continue to help out fellow CAGs with a pick-up, if I can. That's just the way it works around here. This isn't Slickdeals.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This isn't Slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure?

I have yet to check my Sam's Club but I'll give it a go tomorrow night after I get paid. Highly doubt there will be anything left, if anything was there to begin with.

[quote name='earvcunanan']The flip on eBay isn't that great...

$19.99 at Sam's Club
Minus eBay fees
Minus PayPal fees

You're looking at a... $10 profit? I don't think it's worth the hassle. Also, nice find OP. I'll check my local Sam's later to see if they have any.[/QUOTE]

You could use a USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail(medium size with some bubble wrap should work) box for $10 something, then just tack on Delivery Confirmation, seal it up, ship it out and you're done. The package gets there in like 2-3 days.

[quote name='JaroldL']how ironic..

you say that you don't have to type what's on your mind, yet you go ahead and do so..[/QUOTE]
There's nothing ironic there as it's not an opinion or an observation, it's simply a general rule.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Check out the macho Internet big boy typing all angry on his keyboard, putting people in their place. He is quite the paragon of justice in the untamed wastes of the online world.

Get over yourself, kid.

I want the PC version because first-person games control better with a mouse and keyboard. It's not my fault that PC users can use several fingers on both hands to play their games while you're limited to your thumbs because to use more would distract you from remembering to breathe. As for your insipid comment that PC gamers are just about technical specs over gameplay: What?!? Fallout 3 has the same base content regardless of platform, so how can I be choosing style over substance? I get better graphics, sure, but what's you're point, if you even have one? Crysis sucked because it was all eye candy over a dull, stupid game; I never even finished it.

The reason the PC version is best is because of MODS!!! Just adding mods to speed up your walking speed and give you unlimited carrying capacity means instead of wasting time slowly trudging around and having to travel back to your stash to drop off the two new items you found, you just keep exploring and having fun. There are weapons mods, model swaps to make the babes hotter - even one that adds animated prostitution(!!!) - all sorts of stuff available for free, so while you're sitting on your couch buying the DLC and ONLY the DLC, PC gamers are doing all sorts of things console gamers only dream of doing with their locked-down boxes.

Don't hate because you're jealous.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we like having to go unload all our shit out... but lets bust a nut over animated prostitution....... :rofl:

And not everyone gives a damn about Mods so keep that in mind.

[quote name='DirkBelig']It's not my fault that PC users can use several fingers on both hands to play their games while you're limited to your thumbs because to use more would distract you from remembering to breathe.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Trashing what probably amounts to the majority of these boards just to defend yourself against one douche bag who went overboard on you?

I can see why remembering to breathe isn't such a problem for you. The few moments when your head is removed from your ass are obviously precious, and are spent enjoying the sweet, feces-free air you are so rarely afforded.

I've got a PS3 version stored from when my WM cleared them out months ago. I'll be willing to trade or sell it for this price, shipping, plus the 'little extra' everyone always mentions.

bread's done
Back