Fallout 3 Collectors Edition -- $40 (PS3) -- $35 (360)

[quote name='skateraXVIII']They have it for $29.99 at Walmart B&M. But keep in mind that may be YMMV of course.[/QUOTE]

I picked up 2 sealed lunch box collector sets (Fallout PS3) at a out of the way Walmart in East Texas area about 2 months ago for $15.xx each! :O Gave one to a neighbor. like you said tho, YMMV. Might be worth the trip, mine were clearly marked clearance with a big red sticker.

[quote name='Ashtaar']CE =/= GOTY edition correct?[/QUOTE]

You are correct: the two are not equivalent. The Collector's Edition was a special "limited" run that came out at launch and includes a collectible lunchbox and bobblehead. In contrast, the Game of the Year edition is the game plus all DLC released for the game.

[quote name='Ashtaar']CE =/= GOTY edition correct?[/QUOTE]
Right. The CE came in a metal lunchbox and had some goodies like a bobblehead and artbook. It contained the standard game. The GOTY edition was the game plus the five DLC packs, but no extra goodies.

I'm trying to place order but it keeps telling me...

"You have to select address and shipmodes for every item in the order list to proceed with check out. Please select the options and try again."

But I don't see anychoices for shipping. ???

I have been playing the PS3 version all month. The DLC parts are laggy as hell and I have had no less then 10 system resets to slog thru it. I have completed the MQ, SQ and 4 of 5 DLC with just Point Lookut left. The save game file is 12 MB. For whatever reason the last week has been crazy bad in terms of trying to get thru the slow downs and systems freezes. Not sure of the xbox GOTY version is more stable but this really sucks. Finishing PLO ASAP then selling this turd on ebay. Too bad because the game itself is awesome....when it works

[quote name='BinaryTB']Nuts, was hoping for the PC version.[/QUOTE]

Definitely check amazon. They often have this and their "Survival" edition for cheap.

Yeah, I'm going to have to pitch in on the warnings from jsgebo... My roommate bought the PS3 GOTY edition, and while it's a great game that I've poured over 80 hours into, the amount of freezing, glitching, and slowdown is significant. Enough that I'm probably not buying the game for myself for a long time, if ever. Maybe on PC in a few years? Don't get me wrong-- it's a game worth playing, but you need to have a certain measure of patience..

[quote name='Grinchy']It's not exactly a collector's item if so many were made that they are on clearance now.[/QUOTE]

Umm quantities don't make a collector's edition any less special unless they are missing all the goodies. Now if this was a "limited edition" you would be correct.

Dang it i needed this but i will not order on kmart website anymore from the huge problems i had with non game orders. I guess i will spend more to buy it full price so i know i will not have issues.

With the PS3 version is the slowdown/freezing/lag issues just with the DLC/extra content, or the main game itself, or both?

[quote name='typical guy']Isn't the PS3 the version that had all kinds of problems?[/QUOTE]

Only the PS3 GotY version had issues... specifically the expansion add-ons that are included on the disc. Personally, I stayed away from the the three expansions... was afraid it might kill my PS3.

[quote name='def PD']With the PS3 version is the slowdown/freezing/lag issues just with the DLC/extra content, or the main game itself, or both?[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned in another thread a few days ago that the main game on the GOTY version still ran fine, it's just the DLC apparently.

Now I had problems with the GOTY disc version, but does it work alright on the PS3 if you download the expansions instead?

hmmm i've been wanting this for a while, but waiting for the right price.... i really just want the bobblehead and a copy of the game to keep.

I thought about getting a bobblehead from ebay... but they go for $25-$35, which is too much imo

I bought all 5 DLC on xbl, so i don't need goty. Still seems too steep, especially with shipping+tax. I'll have to check walmart next time i'm out.

I picked up a cheap ($8) copy of the main game for PS3 during GameStop's summer sale and I've been playing that for the last several weeks. Unlike the PC version, which shot my dog and my video card, this one runs smooth as silk. I've had zero problems after logging at least 20 hours of play.

From what I've read, the problems were with the GOTY edition.

Has anyone tried the game with just the downloadable version of Broken Steel? I might want to buy that one for the sake of getting the level cap boost and finishing the storyline down the road. Is Broken Steel itself broken on PS3?

Kmart has had that problem for a while. If you use Sears.com it should allow you to purchase, worked for me a few weeks ago.

Thanks deckerro - looks like its working. all I want is the game, if anyone wants the collectors edition stuff Pm me with an offer.

[quote name='deckerro']Kmart has had that problem for a while. If you use Sears.com it should allow you to purchase, worked for me a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Sears have the exact same deal .. here the linky:

X360: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05891404000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

PS3: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05896328000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

They do charge .99 cents for "oversized" shipping .. lolwut ^_^ .. so the total is $35.96 plus sales tax

Who want to buy my collector edition items: lunchbox, bobblehead, artbook, and whatever else comes with it .. send me a PM

Looking to buy the Best Buy Nuke Cola bottle opener. got one? send me a PM! ^_^

Thanks OP! I already have the GoD version, but I just had to pick this up. The 360 one came to $40 after tax and $0.99 shipping.

I was so pissed when I bought Fallout 3 from gamestop for 17.99 and a week later I saw the PS3 collector's edition at walmart for 20 bucks brand spanking new in the lunchbox and everything. There was only 1 left too!

Check walmart, you might get lucky and find a 20 dollar collector edition. Try and look near the bottom shelf by the consoles.

I picked up a couple of the PS3 collector's editions at a YMMV Best Buy sale over a year ago, but neither my friends nor the CAG trade list has wanted them.

I still have them sealed, so if anyone here is interested, I can let them go for $25 each shipped.

[quote name='whotheheck']^ wrong. Collector's edition includes extra stuff like a lunchbox and bobblehead. GOTY edition has all the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Not wrong, he was right.

=/= not equal

= equal

bread's done
Back