Fallout 3 Collector's Edition $67.99 (360/PS3) with Free Shipping at Newegg.com

[quote name='crewj']oh wow... great find!

no live.com rebate hassles or anything. :applause:[/quote]Plus no tax for just about everyone, and free shipping for everyone.

Saves you about $16-$19 over buying it retail, with no tax figured into it.

Crap, that is a good deal.

If you are a true CAG, you would also take advantage of cashback from live.com... it returns a whopping 2.75% (which amounts to about $1.90) ;).

[quote name='62t']meh tax for those of us in california[/quote]
Yea, bummer for us, although it's still a few bucks cheaper than a normal :/

Great! I just returned the "Survival Edition" since the clock already broke. Going down $62, that's a whole game.

just how good is this game actually? since it has no "live" features like co-op or anything, is it worth it?

What kind of games are similar and popular that are like it?

[quote name='NegativeZero']just how good is this game actually? since it has no "live" features like co-op or anything, is it worth it? [/quote]
The one constant thing I keep hearing about it is crashes, bugs, NPC's dying suddenly, other stuff.

Other than that, people praise this game like no tomorrow. The graphics are amazing, gameplay is great (people are more a fan of the 1st person view though, not 3rd person), story is interesting, and there's a LOT of replayability.

I have no clue about online stuff though :/

[quote name='NegativeZero']just how good is this game actually? since it has no "live" features like co-op or anything, is it worth it?[/quote]

You have to remember, many people can live without online features. So the answer to that question is somewhat subjective :). And just as a note, I heard a majority of the glitches was with the PS3 version of the game (but I could be wrong).

[quote name='NegativeZero']What kind of games are similar and popular that are like it?[/quote]

It's somewhat of a mix between the older Fallouts and Oblivion.

[quote name='NegativeZero']just how good is this game actually? since it has no "live" features like co-op or anything, is it worth it?

What kind of games are similar and popular that are like it?[/QUOTE]

People says its Oblivion with guns. Yes its Oblivion with guns with a better combat system called VATS. Its an FPS and RPG rolled into one, where you can roam freely and do what ever you like.

Glitches? yes Ive encountered one and there are a lot more I know thats why in this kind of games (like Oblivion and Morrowind), you have to save often and save if different places.

This is a good deal for the Coll. ed. but I don't really mind paying $80 because I have been hooked on this game from the beginning.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The one constant thing I keep hearing about it is crashes, bugs, NPC's dying suddenly, other stuff.[/QUOTE]

What are "NPC's" , did you mean "and PC's"?

[quote name='InFlames215']It's somewhat of a mix between the older Fallouts and Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

so if I've never played fallout before , might i be able to jump right in? And I've not done Oblivion either. I've done NG2 and Bioshock so I don't mind the whole offline thing.

[quote name='NegativeZero']What are "NPC's" , did you mean "and PC's"?[/quote]

Non-Playable Character's. Such as people walking around, etc.

[quote name='NegativeZero']so if I've never played fallout before , might i be able to jump right in? And I've not done Oblivion either. I've done NG2 and Bioshock so I don't mind the whole offline thing.[/quote]

You can jump right in. However, just to give you a head's up, there is quite a bit of freedom in this game. Most RPG's have a distinct path that you must follow (such as the Final Fantasy series), but not so with this game.

I saw it this way - I'm getting it after I finish Fable 2. Why not get the Collector's Edition without leaving the house for only a few bucks more than the retail version.

[quote name='NegativeZero']What are "NPC's" , did you mean "and PC's"?[/quote]

npc = non playable character

no need to have played the previous fallout games.

[quote name='bmachine']I didn't like Oblivion. Yeah, I said it!

Will I like Fallout 3? I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

Yes you will probably like Fallout 3. I dont like Oblivion..people kept telling me it will get better so I might play it again..It just feels boring. I also never played previous fallout games.

[quote name='FlipSide']Yes you will probably like Fallout 3. I dont like Oblivion..people kept telling me it will get better so I might play it again..It just feels boring. I also never played previous fallout games.[/quote]

My brother didn't like Oblivion... and he is obsessed with Fallout 3.

[quote name='FlipSide']Yes you will probably like Fallout 3. I dont like Oblivion..people kept telling me it will get better so I might play it again..It just feels boring. I also never played previous fallout games.[/quote]

[quote name='InFlames215']My brother didn't like Oblivion... and he is obsessed with Fallout 3.[/quote]

Thanks, guys. Sci-fi shooters are usually an easy sell for me but I was worried about getting bogged down in the role-playing elements of Fallout.

I think I'll give it a whirl.

I ended up grabbing a brand new sealed copy of the Fallout 3 CE on ebay. With cashback, it was only $54 and it came with free priority shipping. Even without cashback, it would have been $72 (only $4 more than it is on newegg).

I'm really looking forward to getting this :).

[quote name='InFlames215']I ended up grabbing a brand new sealed copy of the Fallout 3 CE on ebay. With cashback, it was only $54 and it came with free priority shipping. Even without cashback, it would have been $72 (only $4 more than it is on newegg).

I'm really looking forward to getting this :).[/quote]

Wow, $54, that's even a little cheaper than the TRU B2G1 deal was.

Gah. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the collector's edition Bioshock, so I jumped at this C.E. Oh well, still worth it. The game is outstanding by the way; combat is brilliantly executed, the plot is sound, and even the voice acting is sound. You don't have to get bogged down in the RPG details if you don't want to.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']Gah. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the collector's edition Bioshock.[/quote]

Kicking yourself because it became rare? Because this particular CE shows no signs of selling out anytime soon. The Bioshock CE was pretty much gone a few weeks before launch. I like where they went with the FO3 CE but after seeing no signs of selling out im waiting till it hits the bargain bins.

Great deal on what should be GOTY. I've dropped 32 hours in and still haven't finished the main quest as i'm gonna do all the side ones first and I had never played Oblivion. The collectors edition is actually really cool for a change as well. :D

Great deal thanks op shame I already brought it for more hehe oh well..

[quote name='$hady']Great deal on what should be GOTY. I've dropped 32 hours in and still haven't finished the main quest....[/quote]

Ditto. 20 something hours and I haven't touched the main quest once you exit into the wastelands.

Great deal, too bad the deal is kind of average for CA. I guess 70 bucks isn't too bad.

Very good deal. This is one of those games that's going to take you a while to finish. So I have been playing it off and on for a total of about 15 hours. I have a feeling I won't finish it for 6 months.

If someone wants to use cashback and get one from ebay you can PM me. $73 with free shipping. Your cost - 54.75.
Thanks

[quote name='homerj105']If someone wants to use cashback and get one from ebay you can PM me. $73 with free shipping. Your cost - 54.75.
Thanks[/QUOTE]
What is this "cashback" thing? Sounds self explanatory enough but you're using it like it is a noun - so it is a service I can take advantage of?

[quote name='InFlames215']My brother didn't like Oblivion... and he is obsessed with Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

I fit into that category too.

bread's done
Back