Fallout 3 GOTY: $47 at Amazon (PC) -- 360 & PS3 $57

Killrig

CAGiversary!
EDIT: Updated PS3 to current price. It was 47 this morning. :(

Fallout 3 GOTY is only 47 bucks at Amazon (PC) and $57 for the 360 and PS3.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Gam...2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1250976466&sr=8-12

This is a deal for those that haven't picked up any of the DLC yet. For $46.99, you get all five DLC packs, so you save a few bucks. Not much, but hey, at least you save something.

I haven't picked up any of the DLC packs as I was waiting for a retail release for each, so this is a small "deal" to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ndmaynard']PS3 shows up as $57?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. PS3 looks to be $57...thanks for the heads up though. Ill probably still go with this, since its FSSS and no tax.

Aw man, I was really hoping for $47 price point for the PS3 version. Got my hopes up. Please change the title of the thread.

[quote name='Killrig']Fallout 3 GOTY is only 47 bucks at Amazon (PC and PS3 version) and $57 for the 360.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Gam...2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1250976466&sr=8-12

This is a deal for those that haven't picked up any of the DLC yet. For $46.99, you get all five DLC packs, so you save a few bucks. Not much, but hey, at least you save something.

Not a bad deal for PS3 owners either.

I haven't picked up any of the DLC packs as I was waiting for a retail release for each, so this is a small "deal" to me.[/QUOTE]

I haven't picked up the DLC packs either so I think I'll get the PC GOTY Edition. Thanks for the update.

Ditto on the previous posts. Had Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 been $47, it would have been a steal as it came with 5 DLC-packs + the game. For $57 though, it is basically like buying it all seperate on eBay.

If you bought the 5 DLC-packs + the game (used on eBay/Craigslist etc.), all seperate, it would come out to be around the same price (give or take a couple bucks).

[quote name='drktrpr1']$47 is a steal for any platform if you haven't picked it up, a shame it's not for PS3 owners, though :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It's 57 for both consoles, 47 for pc.

Yeah, I beat it on PS3, and traded it in for about $30 a couple of months later (right after they semi-announced the GOTY edition). Been waiting for the official word on this so I can rebuy and replay the game with all the DLC. But I can certainly wait for a slightly lower price than this.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Ditto on the previous posts. Had Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 been $47, it would have been a steal as it came with 5 DLC-packs + the game. For $57 though, it is basically like buying it all seperate on eBay.

If you bought the 5 DLC-packs + the game (used on eBay/Craigslist etc.), all seperate, it would come out to be around the same price (give or take a couple bucks).[/QUOTE]

Um...what kind of math are you using? The DLC is $10 each, 10x5=$50, so...FO3 is $7?? Unless you mean used DLC in which case...well it's useless. If you mean NEW DLC codes/XBL points on eBay, I guess I can kinda see it (no idea what FO3 DLC codes go for on eBay). The thing is PS3 doesn't have any DLC for FO3 and I want it for PS3. So even at $57 it's a good price and you're saving around $13-20 or so off online prices plus $10 a DLC, at $47 it's a steal. :cry::cry:

[quote name='gbpackers94']Where have you been?[/QUOTE]

Where have you been? The DLC packs still aren't out for PS3.

[quote name='hpv']Where have you been? The DLC packs still aren't out for PS3.[/QUOTE]

That's how he meant it? I interpreted it differently then.

I might buy this just to have both versions and support this game, I really enjoyed it but haven't played the new DLC (other than Operation Anchorage, which was pretty weak, IMO).

Well, it doesn't come out til October, and I can wait a little while longer for it to go down more. It's just that I'm already buying so many other shooters in Sept/Oct I can't really justify it. Great that it's finally coming out, though.

[quote name='unopepito06']Well, it doesn't come out til October, and I can wait a little while longer for it to go down more. It's just that I'm already buying so many other shooters in Sept/Oct I can't really justify it. Great that it's finally coming out, though.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to put FO3 in the same category as Gears of War, Halo, and Call of Duty?

hmmm already own the game and all the DLC on the 360 and been wanting to play it again... might have to buy this badboy on the PC so I can play again and for achievements at the same time... :)

Fallout 3 is probably my favorite game of all-time. Everything just went so well with that game; i cant wait for Fallout Vegas :D . Unfortunately, I traded my copy into Amazon, and am looking for another, mainly the CE...but $57 is too much for a game ive already 1550/1550 in. And ive purchased all the DLC already, so GOTY is also pointless

If it was your favorite game of all time, why would you have sold it? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

[quote name='jcp42877']Fallout 3 is probably my favorite game of all-time. Everything just went so well with that game; i cant wait for Fallout Vegas :D . Unfortunately, I traded my copy into Amazon, and am looking for another, mainly the CE...but $57 is too much for a game ive already 1550/1550 in. And ive purchased all the DLC already, so GOTY is also pointless[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MootPoon817']Isn't dlc for pc free?[/QUOTE]

Nope, us PC'rs actually for once had to pay for DLC with FO3, but to be frank, I really don't mind considering it is well worth it.

Than agian, PC'rs have the ability to "search & download" DLC as well...if you catch my drift ;)

[quote name='pram12']If it was your favorite game of all time, why would you have sold it? That doesn't make sense to me at all.[/QUOTE]

Because....it fetched the most on Amazon out of the games I've beaten. I needed a high value game to get $60 to get the free $30. And I needed to do that because I wanted the new Batman game and needed to use all the coupons and promos i could through Amazon that way i wasn't paying $60+ out of my own cash to buy it.

Basically, Batman is coming out before the end of the month...when i get paid, and i needed money to get it, so Fallout had to be traded to get it's $25 trade-in value.

But, with me getting paid on the 31st, i may just break down and buy Fallout again :)

although, I'd prefer to get rid of these 7 Xbox 360 games on my page for FO3

[quote name='jupiterjones']Yeah, I beat it on PS3, and traded it in for about $30 a couple of months later (right after they semi-announced the GOTY edition). Been waiting for the official word on this so I can rebuy and replay the game with all the DLC. But I can certainly wait for a slightly lower price than this.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um...what kind of math are you using? The DLC is $10 each, 10x5=$50, so...FO3 is $7?? Unless you mean used DLC in which case...well it's useless. If you mean NEW DLC codes/XBL points on eBay, I guess I can kinda see it (no idea what FO3 DLC codes go for on eBay). The thing is PS3 doesn't have any DLC for FO3 and I want it for PS3. So even at $57 it's a good price and you're saving around $13-20 or so off online prices plus $10 a DLC, at $47 it's a steal. :cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

Well, if you buy Fallout 3 used (which is pretty cheap nowadays) + (obviously) new DLC codes, it could well come out to be around the same price as $57, give or take a couple bucks, as I mentioned.

If you buy just the DLC CODES, not the hard-copy, it will be cheaper then $10 most of the time and Fallout 3 (hard-copy) is cheap itself so.

But anyway though, this deal isn't even $57 so it really doesn't matter...

Maybe it will stay at this price and when I get my 50 dollar gift card from ford I can use it to get this on the PC. I almost bought the damn game on the PC till I read about this. Glad I didn't.

bread's done
Back