Fallout 3 GOTY for Xbox 360 and PS3- $39.99 at Amazon.com

JontheCon

CAGiversary!
Amazon.com has Fallout 3 GOTY for Xbox 360 and PS3 priced at $39.99. This is the lowest I've ever seen it, and I guess it's a good deal if you've yet to play the game. Note that the default price seems to be $50.53 for Xbox and $48.99 from another seller, but in the other sellers section you can see that Amazon has it for $39.99.
This is my first deal so be gentle.

Also this obviously qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping or Free 2 Day Shipping with Prime.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JontheCon']Amazon.com has Fallout 3 GOTY for Xbox 360 and PS3 priced at $39.99. This is the lowest I've ever seen it, and I guess it's a good deal if you've yet to play the game. Note that the default price seems to be $50.53 for Xbox and $48.99 from another seller, but in the other sellers section you can see that Amazon has it for $39.99.
This is my first deal so be gentle.

Also this obviously qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping or Free 2 Day Shipping with Prime.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for it to be cheaper still. The ps3 version has been clearanced at a lot of stores because it apparently has many problems. So I'm only going to get the 360 versision,

[quote name='dashrendar']Might be the new MSRP. Saw it for $39.99 at Walmart last night.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well I guess this isn't really a deal then. Sorry for posting.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, this is the new MSRP. Kmart has it for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that means I will get it on sale for 20 dollars soon!

Great! Now I will wait for it to drop to $20. I've never played a Fallout game, and I know I'm missing out, but I've got enough to play for now. Plus I'm just not one who ever finishes most full length games and I hear this one is really long, so the GOTY isn't really that big of a deal to me except that it might have a higher trade-in value which is the only reason I'd want to get it. I'll almost certainly never get even close to touching the DLC included with it.

Gamestop had it for $39.99 as well during their big sale a few months back, and there was a code to get you $7 off and free shipping. That's the lowest price I've seen on the GOTY new.

Considering that this edition could be had for $40 1 year ago shortly after release, this is incredible, how stable the price point was.
Also, if you have Fallout already and just looking for DLCs, you can potentially just rent it and install second disk to hard drive.

I played vanilla Fallout 3 for about 10 hours before I lost interest, but want to jump back in. Should I get this or New Vegas? Or both?

[quote name='netscorer']Considering that this edition could be had for $40 1 year ago shortly after release, this is incredible, how stable the price point was.
Also, if you have Fallout already and just looking for DLCs, you can potentially just rent it and install second disk to hard drive.[/QUOTE]

I cant believe how long it held its price. Been meaning to revisit the 360 version after I sold it due to frustration getting stuck in the alien ship, lol.

Bit suprised they dont Pimp this more with the Vegas game being so hot. $19 or even $29 right now would sell a ton. Excellent game.

[quote name='Aleman']I played vanilla Fallout 3 for about 10 hours before I lost interest, but want to jump back in. Should I get this or New Vegas? Or both?[/QUOTE]

I Haven't played New Vegas but everything I've heard is that New Vegas is more of the same but not as good and with a ton of bugs to boot. I think you are better off with fallout 3 and if you still want more consider vegas. It's probably best to look at it as an expansion.

[quote name='pROvIs']I Haven't played New Vegas but everything I've heard is that New Vegas is more of the same but not as good and with a ton of bugs to boot. I think you are better off with fallout 3 and if you still want more consider vegas. It's probably best to look at it as an expansion.[/QUOTE]
This! I couldnt get into New Vegas, felt like I was playing the same old game.

[quote name='gpthree']The PC version is $29.99, might have to finally get this.[/QUOTE]

PC version was already on sale once at $20 price point and will undoubtably be there again before Christmas. Just watch those Steam topics.
For those of you who also like achievements hording, it is true GFWL title and has separate set of achievements from Xbox 360 version.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I cant believe how long it held its price. Been meaning to revisit the 360 version after I sold it due to frustration getting stuck in the alien ship, lol.[/QUOTE]

well, what you have to remember is that it contains 5 DLCs, all of which still retail for $10 each. Looking back, I spent about $100 for everything, so getting it for $60 is already a huge deal. $40 makes it a steal, unless the DLC prices have come down which I dont believe they did

I've been really wanting this game and I still have a $20 credit to use. Debating whether I should wait or go ahead and bite on this deal.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You will likely lose all of your free time to this. You have been warned.[/QUOTE]

I think I could live with that :p

[quote name='JontheCon']Oh, well I guess this isn't really a deal then. Sorry for posting.[/QUOTE]

Price drops are good to know about too. Thanks for posting. I'm not going to buy it now, as I hope for at least some sort of sale on it on Black Friday.

I actually think New Vegas is a better game ... it feels more like a Fallout game than 3 did. The new faction system, while not perfect, is a big improvement. While on a technical level and storywise Fallout 3 might be superior, I really find myself enjoying New Vegas and the fact that the towns and cities feel more like they did in Fallout 2. Both are great and you can't go wrong with the GOTY edition, but if you want something that is going to have a ton of references to Fallout 1 and 2, then you definitely owe it to yourself to grab a copy of New Vegas.

bread's done
Back