Fallout 3: GOTY (PS3) $11.99 BestBuy

Did they ever put out a patch for the PS3 version to fix its numerous bugs? I bought F3 for the PS3 on release and after 45 hours + I had to switch over to the xbox version.

Xbox 360 version is $19.99. Despite already owing the vanilla game I probably would have bought it again if it was $11.99 for the 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't seem like I'm able to get it with free shipping. I tried the entertainment link too.

[quote name='Brenex']Did they ever put out a patch for the PS3 version to fix its numerous bugs? I bought F3 for the PS3 on release and after 45 hours + I had to switch over to the xbox version.[/QUOTE]

Odd. I bought the game on launch day and played it for 80+ hrs. and the only bugs I found were the giant ants.

[quote name='barrit']Doesn't seem like I'm able to get it with free shipping. I tried the entertainment link too.[/QUOTE]

Same here. No free shipping for me either. I saw this on another site that said free shipping. Looks like that person gave the wrong info.

its about 15.73 when it's all said and done (shipping + tax). still a good deal on this game brand new though.

[quote name='AwRy108']Odd. I bought the game on launch day and played it for 80+ hrs. and the only bugs I found were the giant ants.[/QUOTE]

I found a lot of issues with the PS3 version. I had the vanilla version for a while on PS3 and it played decently, but the GOTY version would subject me to frequent freezing incidents which required me to shut down and restart the PS3. There was a lot of chatter about it on the official Bethesda forums, but after it became clear that they had no intention of fixing it, I traded it in and eventually got the 360 version which had far fewer issues.

aw shucks. i need to get this on 360 because i still need the reach level 30 as neutral and evil characters achievements. oh well. thanks anyway OP

Great find.
hnjki
Thanks OP.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Here's a stock locator link for the game. Please note that if they have less than THREE copies available in a particular store it will likely show up as 'unavailable'.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

SKU# is 9554225 for those wanting to have an employee check stock using their in-store inventory system.[/QUOTE]

It's not available for in-store pick-up from their Web site. Getting them to match the price in store will be very YMMV. Their policy is that they do not match their Outlet prices in-store. I know at my local BB, I tried a few times during the whole "Mega BB Thread" and was shot down every time, but other people got lucky at their BB locations.

[quote name='barrit']It's not available for in-store pick-up from their Web site. Getting them to match the price in store will be very YMMV. Their policy is that they do not match their Outlet prices in-store. I know at my local BB, I tried a few times during the whole "Mega BB Thread" and was shot down every time, but other people got lucky at their BB locations.[/QUOTE]
Right now it's showing Add To Cart for me on their website using the OP's link. As for my link, I didn't post it for people to be able to add it to their cart or to get store pickup. It was more or less just for them to quick check for possible stock, which is why I also included the SKU# in the post.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Right now it's showing Add To Cart for me on their website using the OP's link. As for my link, I didn't post it for people to be able to add it to their cart or to get store pickup. It was more or less just for them to quick check for possible stock, which is why I also included the SKU# in the post.[/QUOTE]

It's still available for shipping from Bestbuy.com, but there is no option for in-store pickup, so they would need to find it at their local store and try to price match. I thought you were implying it would be the same price in-store if it was available since you included the stock checker. It is possible they can go in-store and try to get a price match, but that's very YMMV since their policy is that they do not match outlet prices. I failed several times during the "Mega thread" time period. I was just giving people a heads up to let them know it wouldn't be a guaranteed $11.99.

I would save your money. I got the PS3 version of Fallout 3 GotY and once I started the DLC missions the game became literally unplayable. Operation Anchorage and Point Lookout would freeze constantly and the frame rate would regularly drop to 1 frame per second, if not one frame every few seconds. I also had issues with the Mothership Zeta DLC constantly freezing, as well as the end-game sections of Broken Steel. The Pitt was the only one that worked. It was honestly one of the worst gaming experiences of my life.

[quote name='barrit']It's still available for shipping from Bestbuy.com, but there is no option for in-store pickup, so they would need to find it at their local store and try to price match. I thought you were implying it would be the same price in-store if it was available since you included the stock checker. It is possible they can go in-store and try to get a price match, but that's very YMMV since their policy is that they do not match outlet prices. I failed several times during the "Mega thread" time period. I was just giving people a heads up to let them know it wouldn't be a guaranteed $11.99.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Sorry. I keep forgetting that the Outlet prices aren't always the same in store and that PMing them is highly YMMV.

[quote name='Brenex']Did they ever put out a patch for the PS3 version to fix its numerous bugs? I bought F3 for the PS3 on release and after 45 hours + I had to switch over to the xbox version.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about PS3 but the patched up 360 version still locks up on occasion. Still enjoyable game though.

The only problem I had with the PS3 GOTY version was the beginning of The Pitt dlc. The beginning of the dlc was very slow and choppy. After about 10 minutes of fighting through that nonsense, the rest of it ran well. Other than that the game had occasional freezes, maybe 10-12 times in the 180 hours I played. A restart of the game would fix it. My advice, as with all games of this type, SAVE OFTEN. Enjoy!

[quote name='BNoyes']I would save your money. I got the PS3 version of Fallout 3 GotY and once I started the DLC missions the game became literally unplayable. Operation Anchorage and Point Lookout would freeze constantly and the frame rate would regularly drop to 1 frame per second, if not one frame every few seconds. I also had issues with the Mothership Zeta DLC constantly freezing, as well as the end-game sections of Broken Steel. The Pitt was the only one that worked. It was honestly one of the worst gaming experiences of my life.[/QUOTE]
I played through all content, twice, and had a total of 3 freeze screens.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if every store in my area says "Ship To Store", does that mean there's no chance of them actually having it in stock? And is the in-store price the same?

it means that you can pay online and they will ship it to your store for free and send you an email when it is ready for pick up

Don't buy the PS3 version, period. It still has the issues and it has burned out peoples' PS3 systems. The framerate drops to unplayable levels in the DLC, namely Point Lookout, The Pitt, and Mothership Zeta.

You can get the 360 version regularly for $18 at GS (sans 10% if you use a PUR card). You can usually find it even a little cheaper on Ebay, including shipping. It looks a little nicer on the 360 and plays more optimally. I did have frame dropping issues with The Pitt, but nowhere near as bad as the PS3 version.

Fallout 3 GOTY is my favorite game of all-time. If you give it a decent playthrough, you're going to put in a minimum of 150 hours. I've put in at least twice that on two characters and about 50 hours on a 3rd character.

I'm also completely uninterested in the PS3 vs. 360 "war." Don't care. I buy the game based on which system it is reported to be more optimal, usually. Bayonetta and Fallout 3 definitely are better on the 360. Spider-man 3 is definitely better on the PS3. There's others but I'm out of time.

Thanks for the heads-up. I 1500/1500'ed the 360 GotY edition, so I guess you could say I'm a fan. I already own the vanilla PS3 edition but have never tried it, I figured at this price point it's cheaper than repurchasing all the individual DLCs but it sounds like there are major issues.

[quote name='pwnthee']Don't buy the PS3 version, period. It still has the issues and it has burned out peoples' PS3 systems. The framerate drops to unplayable levels in the DLC, namely Point Lookout, The Pitt, and Mothership Zeta.

You can get the 360 version regularly for $18 at GS (sans 10% if you use a PUR card). You can usually find it even a little cheaper on Ebay, including shipping. It looks a little nicer on the 360 and plays more optimally. I did have frame dropping issues with The Pitt, but nowhere near as bad as the PS3 version.

Fallout 3 GOTY is my favorite game of all-time. If you give it a decent playthrough, you're going to put in a minimum of 150 hours. I've put in at least twice that on two characters and about 50 hours on a 3rd character.

I'm also completely uninterested in the PS3 vs. 360 "war." Don't care. I buy the game based on which system it is reported to be more optimal, usually. Bayonetta and Fallout 3 definitely are better on the 360. Spider-man 3 is definitely better on the PS3. There's others but I'm out of time.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that the PS3 GOTY edition comes with everything pressed on a new single disc. That is probably why people have had gameplay issues when comparing the GOTY edition to vanilla. This is contrary to the 360 version in which it includes the vanilla disc and the DLC on a second disc. I can't say for sure if this is the case with the PS3 version but I have a pretty good hunch. If you have vanilla for 360 you can always just buy the second DLC disc cheaper somewhere like Ebay and then sell it again, long as you don't delete the files from your HD.

[quote name='Dark Rider']FYI: If you are a silver member you get free shipping on their website.[/QUOTE]

Im a premier silver member, how do I get free shipping?

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Im a premier silver member, how do I get free shipping?[/QUOTE]

On the checkout page, I selected the cheapest shipping (may have already been selected) and it zeroed out my shipping. You may have to get to the final payment page for it to show that but if you are logged in with a silver account, it should definitely do it.

Temping but I've got to pass. Massive backlog spanning several consoles. The only fallout I'll be able to deal with is when my overbearing mother catches me socializing again.

It looks like free shipping is now available. I would have bought this yesterday, but I think I'll pass. I played this years ago on PC, but lost interest and never finished it. I have a huge backlog and it sounds like there may be potential problems playing on my PS3.. so I'll resist for now.

Stupid Bethesda. What is the point of releasing these amazing games if they don't work properly and why is it release after release action has not been taken against them for releasing a broken product (for those who purchased it on release)? That being said, is it possible to 100% or platinum the game without breaking the disc first? I see suggestions of saving every few minutes but if the saving is not immediate it's going to kill the experience.

bread's done
Back