Fallout 3 GOTY question concerning freezing issues

ajumbaje

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Are there still issues with the game freezing? That's the thing I've heard the most about this game and people smashing on Bethesda for doing squat about it. I'm looking to get this game also, but not right away, maybe in a month or so.

I wouldn't hold my breath--they never patched the Oblivion GOTY bugs. Fallout 3 GOTY is apparently buggy on all systems but for some reason vastly worse on PS3. I will probably end up playing it on PC.

They havent patched it and arent going to. Bethesda honestly has horrible customer service, they always have. They release broken games and they only patch it to the point where its playable and never completely patch a game. This happens everytime they make a game, its released, its broken, some months later they only fix the largest of game breaking bugs and then never address the game again leaving a vast majority of players with a buggy game because they dont test or optimize shit before they release it. I dont think bethesda has ever released a game that didnt have serious problems at launch.

I still remember being psyched for fallout 3 and I pre ordered the collectors edition and was all set to play and game kept constantly crashing. It took them 3 months to put out a patch that fixed it, they would have gotten it out quicker if they werent so busy pimping the DLC for game.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']What were the Oblivion GOTY bugs, out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]

Same ones fallout 3 has since its basically the exact same game just reskinned. They both have slow downs randomly, memory leaks where the game goes into 1 frame per minute till system locks up, game crashes, pc version crashes on a regular basis if you have xfire running just like oblivion did, system crashes and so on.

I have the ps3 GOTY edition though. I never played any of the DLC so I got the GOTY when it came out. The core game of fo3 runs fine for the most part, its the DLC that run like complete shit. 1 or 2 of them were fine but the others were awful. I remember the one DLC I was damn lucky I backed up my save for some reason a hour before cause I entered this event and the npc I was supposed to kill wouldnt do anything and I couldnt move because he was supposed to walk up to me so I was stuck and the game autosaved at that spot. Like 18 hours of gaming would have gone down the tubes right there if I hadnt backed up my save.

this game has so many bugs it's not even funny.

i think I have at least one problem each time I play. It's either freezing or weird shit going on. Yesterday Three Dog had no skin on his face =O All he had were his eyes and lips

Though sometimes the bugs work to your advantage. During the save Red and that other dude from super mutants at the police station, I didn't have to kill the mutant guarding the guy since he just up and died =O saved me da bullets XD

haven't tried any of the dlc on the goty edition yet. now I'm afraid to after reading gargus's response >.

well i had the same question, so would the goty edition be worth getting? i've never played fallout 3 befor and i read it may be on sale at sears, but i don't want to play a game that doesn't work. or should i buy the normal game and just download the dlc's? will that evan make a difference? lol alot of questions sorry :)

btw im thinking of getting it for xbox 360, but i thought it would be ok to just post in this thread.

[quote name='jab1235']well i had the same question, so would the goty edition be worth getting? i've never played fallout 3 befor and i read it may be on sale at sears, but i don't want to play a game that doesn't work. or should i buy the normal game and just download the dlc's? will that evan make a difference? lol alot of questions sorry :)

btw im thinking of getting it for xbox 360, but i thought it would be ok to just post in this thread.[/QUOTE]

yeah just get the goty version. it can get annoying with the freezing and random shit that happens at times but it's not so bad. it's not like it's unplayable.

and anyways if you're getting it for 360 you don't have a lot to worry about. 360 doesn't have as many problems as ps3 version does.

just get goty version!

I had a TON of issues with the DLC levels (mainly Broken Steel, The Pitt and Operation Anchorage) on my PS3 copy. If there are less issues on the 360 version, I'd highly recommend getting that.

Patch or no, I traded my copy in right after I suffered my way through all the DLC packs... couldn't take the freezes/errors any longer. Not worth the headaches.

bread's done
Back