Fallout 3 (New) $43.49 Gamestop

Omfgnowai

CAG Veteran
I went to go get Fallout 3 used at Gamestop today with my edge card figuring it would be a decent deal. Basically I went up to the cashier with the used copy and he told me that he thinks there is a deal on a new copy for $50 (without tax) to his surprise the price was even lower at $43.49 (after CA state tax of 8.75%).

I'm not sure how old this deal is but I just thought I would let everyone else know that the deal is there. :) My scanner isn't in the room right now or I would post a picture of my receipt, but I'm sure this wasn't just him being nice or stupid.

Enjoy!

Saw this when I was at GameStop the other day. There's a flyer on their counter about a price drop (temporary?) on Fallout 3. It looks like it's $39.99?

Odd I didn't see the flyer. But yes it's $39.99. I'm pretty sure it's temp because on my receipt it says Disc: 10.00 Promo #7020. So it could either be just in their system as a promo or it could just be a temporary way to make the register have it at 39.99 instead of a permanent price drop.

Either way, it's an amazing price for a great game. Snag it while you can. :)

I wish this applied to used games too. Put very tempting....I've been waiting for a price drop.

[quote name='mrn111']I wish this applied to used games too. Put very tempting....I've been waiting for a price drop.[/quote]

Go buy it. Now. This game has destroyed my free time. :joystick:

Does Best Buy match GameStop prices? I have BB giftcards that would be well suited for this.

Chances are the sticker on the box will still say 59.99 and even when scanned it will say 59.99 until they choose to finish the transaction which would then take 20 bucks off. That is, if this is indeed a sale they're having. So be sure to check at the counter and if the employee is clueless do what I just said. Should work.

[quote name='Idx86']Does Best Buy match GameStop prices? I have BB giftcards that would be well suited for this.[/quote]

Yes. But for something like this you need to buy it at Gamestop first. Then go to BestBuy with your receipt. Buy it at Bestbuy and don't leave the store, walk directly to customer service and ask for a price adjustment there. Then return your first one at Gamestop.

[quote name='daminion']Yes. But for something like this you need to buy it at Gamestop first. Then go to BestBuy with your receipt. Buy it at Bestbuy and don't leave the store, walk directly to customer service and ask for a price adjustment there. Then return your first one at Gamestop.[/quote]
We can't grab the flyer at gamestop?

[quote name='COLONELPOTTER']Just went to Gamestop it was 49.99[/quote]

My Gamestop was the same in Blue Bell, Pa; however, I did not have them ring it through. Can anyone else confirm that with the final "ring through" the total is $39.99?

[quote name='Omfgnowai']Odd I didn't see the flyer. But yes it's $39.99. I'm pretty sure it's temp because on my receipt it says Disc: 10.00 Promo #7020. So it could either be just in their system as a promo or it could just be a temporary way to make the register have it at 39.99 instead of a permanent price drop.

Either way, it's an amazing price for a great game. Snag it while you can. :)
iy.gif
[/quote]
I think its temporary as well, by the way the local gamestop here had the game sold out, bummer.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']There was a flyer on the counter at my gamestop saying 4/6-4/26 for the deal.[/quote]

That's what it said at the one by my house too.

It's a promotion running with the current marketing. Not a regional deal, but company-wide (US at least). I forget when the marketing ends, but 4/26 looks about right.

I own this game on PS3. I bought it before I bought a 360.

Is it worth owning on the 360 over the PS3?

Basically is the DL Content worth it?

[quote name='BuckinKaeding']I own this game on PS3. I bought it before I bought a 360.

Is it worth owning on the 360 over the PS3?

Basically is the DL Content worth it?[/quote]

no.
unless broken steel changes my mind...
so far the main game was amazing and the content wasnt up to par with the actual game (basically, not worth 20 bucks for the DLC, but i have played through both dlc's...)

So after reading this thread, I went to my local gamestop (St. Charles, MO, Zumbehl Rd for those interested) and Fallout 3 was only 10 dollars off. Sticker on the box still said 59.99 btw. After taxes, I paid 53. Not a huge discount, but whatever. I guess the moral of the story is, YMMV.

[quote name='guruoftime']I got it back in December at Target when it was $39.99...you guys should have jumped then.
ig.jpg
[/quote]

yeah we have missed a great deal.

bread's done
Back