Fallout 3 PS3 $19.22 at Amazon

[quote name='Masterkyo']Still waiting for GOTY version drop down $29.99 or less ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the same. With all the extra content (although apparently super-buggy), it would be a steal at a $29.99 price point.

When the GOTY edition finally price drops and i pick up a copy, can I start where I left off using my saved game point on the fallout 3 original?

[quote name='Masterkyo']Still waiting for GOTY version drop down $29.99 or less ;)[/QUOTE]

Have you checked Sears? ;)

GOTY has been an unmarked clearance at a great many Sears stores for weeks now. $29.99. Worth a look. (As always, YMMV.)

[quote name='wargod']When the GOTY edition finally price drops and i pick up a copy, can I start where I left off using my saved game point on the fallout 3 original?[/QUOTE]

yep. that includes the DLC if you install it. might need 2 update fallout 3 but works fine

is the goty edition really as unplayable as some people say?

cause if it is, then i'll just pick up this normal version and get the DLCs from psn or something

The DLC's total to $50 from PSN, so you may want to rethink that. I'm pretty sure the DLC is equally buggy regardless of where you get it from, but this is just from word of mouth, not personal experience.

If you're careful with clearing out the data cache and keeping multiple saves while saving frequently you wont have too much of a problem.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The GOTY edition for PS3 is majorly buggy. The Pitt is downright unplayable.[/QUOTE]

on PS3 or also on 360? I have the regular Fallout and just rented the GOTY disk but haven't played The Pitt yet. The DLC is pretty glitchy

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The GOTY edition for PS3 is majorly buggy. The Pitt is downright unplayable.[/QUOTE]

How exactly is it unplayable.....like does it not even load ?

Regular edition for PS3 is clearancing out at Target for $9.99, of course YMMV. Picked up 2 copies even though I beat it on 360 a long time ago.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']How exactly is it unplayable.....like does it not even load ?[/QUOTE]
It would load, but it would have major problems with crashing every five minutes or so, I'd get plagued by slowdown once I went into the Pitt, inventory would disappear, enemies would be floating guns, characters would get stuck in and repeat animations, all kinds of weird stuff. It even corrupted my main save file once, thank God I had a backup.

And Dark Lord Greg, I've only played it on PS3, so I don't know about the 360 version.

When the Pitt was first released on the 360 and PC, it was very buggy, as well. So much so that, I believe, they had to take it down for a bit. But they released an updated version that worked fine. I played through it all without an issue. It's unfortunate that they released a buggy version for the PS3, as well.

so if i can find a good deal on goty should i go for it? i don't want to buy an unplayable game and my friend said the dlc's are great so yea.

[quote name='jab1235']so if i can find a good deal on goty should i go for it? i don't want to buy an unplayable game and my friend said the dlc's are great so yea.[/QUOTE]
Definitely! It's still a great game, but if you want to play the Pitt make an extra save only for the Pitt just in case it gets super buggy and you get sick of it. It doesn't have that great of a story anyways, so you're not missing out on much if you decide to skip that one.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I'm doing the same. With all the extra content (although apparently super-buggy), it would be a steal at a $29.99 price point.[/QUOTE]

The Goty is worth every penny at $60

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']If you're willing to get it used, you can get it for about $19 at Gamestop with EDGE + CAG16 coupon code for either 360 or PS3. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Why even compare??? For an extra 22 cent, I would rather purchase the game new and with free shipping. Seems like Gamestop paid agents are all over this forum! :cool:

I suppose that if someone isn't going to get the DLC, the Amazon price is a good deal -- the game is plenty long enough without the DLC.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Definitely! It's still a great game, but if you want to play the Pitt make an extra save only for the Pitt just in case it gets super buggy and you get sick of it. It doesn't have that great of a story anyways, so you're not missing out on much if you decide to skip that one.[/QUOTE]
i'll make sure to check seers out sometime soon then, thanks for the info :)

[quote name='leopaw']Why even compare??? For an extra 22 cent, I would rather purchase the game new and with free shipping. Seems like Gamestop paid agents are all over this forum! :cool:[/QUOTE]

"If you're willing to get it used, you can get it for about $19 at Gamestop with EDGE + CAG16 coupon code for either 360 or PS3. ^_^"

This is for those who own a 360 and want the same deal; forgive me for extending it to those who don't own a PS3. Also, some people may have GS credit lying around they might want to use instead of cash.

Trust me, I would never promote GS.

I played the GOTY and all expansions on PS3, and yes, they are buggy...and so is the main game, but this is a game NOT to be missed.

A couple of tips:

Keep rotating saves. I kept one from my exit of the vault and six rotating saves (always saving over the oldest one.

If the game bogs down (particularly early on The Pitt or late in Brotherhood of Steel), restart your PS3 to clear the cache and it should run fine...or at least will be playable.

Not sure how this version works, but you might be able to buy this and then rent the GOTY edition to install the DLC content. That's the way the 360 version works anyways. You install the content and then never need to use that disc again, which I wish I would have known before I double dipped.

If you're considering getting the original instead of the GOTY because of glitches and bugs, you may want to reconsider. The original freezes just as often as the GOTY, so you might as well go for the one with all the DLC.

bread's done
Back